U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 01:30 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,163,383 times

Advertisements

Article 5th Dec 2018
A sculpture submitted by the Satanic Temple is on display at the Illinois Statehouse alongside a Christmas tree and a Nativity scene

Quote:
Entitled “Snaketivity”, the display depicts a snake wrapped around a woman’s hand as she holds an apple. On the side of the sculpture is the logo of the Satanic Temple – the head of Baphomet inside an inverted pentagram – and the words “Knowledge is the Greatest Gift”
It is a complete mystery why these guys should install a satanic sculpture in a public place. Isn't this a little wierd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 01:51 AM

11,812 posts, read 20,171,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Article 5th Dec 2018
A sculpture submitted by the Satanic Temple is on display at the Illinois Statehouse alongside a Christmas tree and a Nativity scene

It is a complete mystery why these guys should install a satanic sculpture in a public place. Isn't this a little wierd?
We have freedom of religion, and Satanism is a religion. If we allow a Nativity scene to represent Christianity, there’s usually a Menorah to represent Judaism, and the Satanists have started demanding their legal rights. And thanks to our constitution, they get to represent.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:14 AM

Well, I guess we need to celebrate that the constitution is still alive and kicking then, 'cos it seems to be being buried pretty fast in other areas of society.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:38 AM

9,489 posts, read 10,739,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Well, I guess we need to celebrate that the constitution is still alive and kicking then, 'cos it seems to be being buried pretty fast in other areas of society.
While there have certainly been serious infringements which the Supreme Court has permitted, the Bill of Rights provides us with an extraordinarily free society.

The Bill Of Rights - Amendments 1 - 10

Old 04-16-2019, 01:38 PM

975 posts, read 436,588 times
At least Satanism has morals. We need more of that displayed

Old 04-18-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
As I understand it, most religions or belief systems have a set of guidelines that they suggest we live by. Maybe morals are largely influenced by our developing culture, education and upbringing and possibly these are changing along with the way society changes?

In some societies it is perfectly moral and proper to take a wife who is no older than 10-12 years old. This has been in their culture for many many years and so are we going to change it for them just because we think it is 'wrong'?

The fairly new Sci-fi series the Orville is an interesting one as it poses many different challenges for a multi-racial society moving out into the galaxy. One society does not allow girl children and insist on changing them into boys at birth. They reproduce by an egg (somehow).

Old 04-18-2019, 09:09 AM

9,593 posts, read 2,438,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Satanism has morals? LOL

Have you ever heard of Bohemian Grove and some of the stuff that goes on there?!

Old 04-18-2019, 09:20 AM

2,901 posts, read 2,073,582 times
I could care less either way, but allow one, allow all or allow NONE. Stop worrying about pissing someone off because of what they believe in, and just do nothing for anyone.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:08 PM

178 posts, read 47,471 times
I dated a Satanist once...interesting non-religion. She seemed like your every day, all-American girl. I noticed she'd sometimes wear a ring with a pentagram on it. I figured she was wicca, so I inquired about it. She told me she was a Satanist...totally took me by surprise. I thought, "Just when I thought nothing could shock me anymore....OK, now I've seen everything." I do admit, the revelation twisted my stomach a bit. "But still," I thought, "she's so cute, and she seems so decent!" Curiosity got the best of me, and I stuck around to see what made her tick, all the little gears turning inside that brain of hers. I concluded that her flavor of Satanism is a form of atheism where they acknowledge there is no god, just us lonely folks here on earth. There's another flavor of Satanism that's positioned as more of an anti-Christian cult where they do devil worship, blood sacrifices, etc. From what I've learned, the atheist Satanism is the one that calls itself a religion and does quirky things like adopt a highway or put up Satanist statues as a form of protesting the non-separation of church and state. To atheist eyes, this American government is too closely aligned with Christianity, and Satanists use the guise of religious freedom to disrupt that alignment.

So what happened to the girl? We got into a discussion regarding violence. Satanism Commandments (the same atheist one) say it's OK to destroy someone. I thought, "This world is so beautiful. Why is there a need to destroy anything?" Call me a pacifist, but that is my outlook. So I asked her, "So would you destroy someone? I didn't take you for the violent type." She went into this tirade, telling me she would destroy someone if they deserved it, that she can be vicious and violent. That's all I needed to hear before I broke up with her. Like I said; I'm a pacifist.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:41 PM

5,139 posts, read 4,989,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post

I concluded that her flavor of Satanism is a form of atheism...
You concluded incorrectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal