U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 01:59 PM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 6 days ago)

4,159 posts, read 3,375,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its common for UFO witnesses to claim the craft simply vanished into thin air, even if their technology was 100-200 yrs beyond ours, it would appear to us to be magic or impossible.
Thunder is the sound of superheated air collapsing in the wake of a lightning strike, and sonic booms are caused by an object creating a shock wave when it exceeds the speed of sound in a medium (air, water, etc).

Yet for all the sudden accelerations and disappearances, I can't recall many accounts that mentioned loud noises accompanying these moves. You can't escape physics even with advanced flight tech - if air is being displaced or a vacuum is suddenly created, you're going to get a sound. If not, you have to explain why not - what happens to the air when an object suddenly enters or leaves a location? That suggests to me one of the following must be the case (from what I consider most to least probable):

1. The object only exists in the mind of the observer
  2. The object is some sort of luminous energy or plasma, rather than a physical "ship"
  3. The object is an incorporeal projection from elsewhere in this universe or the multiverse
  4. The object is moving between this universe and elsewhere where the laws are different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 08:37 PM

10,842 posts, read 4,351,449 times
Quote:
Their motives or intentions likely would not make any sense to us, I doubt we could even comprehend them.
If they are coming here, it's probably for no other reason than to observe us without interfering as much as is possible. It would be like us finding a new stone age tribe on an island somewhere. We would be interested to see how they live and progress through time even though they would have nothing to very little to offer us otherwise.
I doubt very much we would have anything to offer them to their benefit other than to be observed for curiosity sake.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:51 AM

7,471 posts, read 1,831,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Her husband made an identical claim during his presidentiaL campaign in 1992. He never mentioned it after his election. The pair were known as "the Billary." She knew everything that he knew.
Hillary was also connected with Lawrence Rockefeller, he had a great interest in UFOs, and tried numerous times to get the Clintons to let him in on the big secret. I believe she did this eventually.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
If they are coming here, it's probably for no other reason than to observe us without interfering as much as is possible. It would be like us finding a new stone age tribe on an island somewhere. We would be interested to see how they live and progress through time even though they would have nothing to very little to offer us otherwise.
I doubt very much we would have anything to offer them to their benefit other than to be observed for curiosity sake.
If they wanted to observe us without interference, they could easily do this, there would be no such things as 'UFOs', NO one would see any 'UFOs' if they did not want to be seen.

If they have ships that can travel the immense distances, they have technology to observe us from a distance, they would not have to fly around in our airspace.

There is some purpose in this.

Something else that I have never seen anyone bring up in relation to UFOs, over the 1000s of years they have been reported, all over the world, their technology seems to remain the same. I guess its possible a civilization could reach a point where they could not advance technologically anymore, but it seems unlikely.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Why do you think President Trump has created the Space Force? Not just to keep up with China's and Russia's, although that is important. We have reverse engineered a lot of extraterrestrial tech that we've found. That's what Area 51 is about and why you can't be sure if you are seeing a UFO or one of ours mimicking a UFO.
1951 was a significant time in our history, that is when the 'Invention Secrecy Act' was created, strange timing for such thing imo!

Just imagine if they didnt suppress any technology over the years...no one needed to buy fuel for their vehicles or repair/replace so often?

Old 12-31-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
If they wanted to observe us without interference, they could easily do this, there would be no such things as 'UFOs', NO one would see any 'UFOs' if they did not want to be seen.

If they have ships that can travel the immense distances, they have technology to observe us from a distance, they would not have to fly around in our airspace.

There is some purpose in this.

Something else that I have never seen anyone bring up in relation to UFOs, over the 1000s of years they have been reported, all over the world, their technology seems to remain the same. I guess its possible a civilization could reach a point where they could not advance technologically anymore, but it seems unlikely.
You're assuming it's one civilization. There could be dozens visiting us at different times. Maybe those that visited us 1000 years ago are no longer doing so and a different one or several different ones are visiting for different purposes. We don't know but the possibilities are endless.
Also, they may be curious and performing tests in our atmosphere. Perhaps they enjoy coming here and watching. It could be as simple as that. If they seriously wanted to make contact they would do so instead of speeding off when noticed or followed. Nothing is stopping them from landing in front of the White House if they chose to do so. Our military certainly couldn't stop them.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You're assuming it's one civilization. There could be dozens visiting us at different times. Maybe those that visited us 1000 years ago are no longer doing so and a different one or several different ones are visiting for different purposes. We don't know but the possibilities are endless.
Also, they may be curious and performing tests in our atmosphere. Perhaps they enjoy coming here and watching. It could be as simple as that. If they seriously wanted to make contact they would do so instead of speeding off when noticed or followed. Nothing is stopping them from landing in front of the White House if they chose to do so. Our military certainly couldn't stop them.
I think if it were many different civilizations, we would see at least some of them attempt to land at the white house in broad daylight, or land in some random neighborhood, to meet the humans...the fact that pretty much all UFOs behave in the same way, is very interesting, plus, there would likely be civilizations that wanted something from us, our resources, etc, and tried to attack us...havent seen that yet, that is something Govt could not hide from the public either.

I read a theory awhile back that theorized UFOs may be future time travelers, this sounds crazy on the surface, but when you think about UFO behavior and that they all pretty much look and behave the same way (over 1000s of years), its a definite possibility and would explain why they do not make contact and avoid interaction.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:08 PM

13,638 posts, read 10,902,900 times
Quote:
I think if it were many different civilizations, we would see at least some of them attempt to land at the white house in broad daylight, or land in some random neighborhood, to meet the humans...the fact that pretty much all UFOs behave in the same way, is very interesting, plus, there would likely be civilizations that wanted something from us, our resources, etc, and tried to attack us...havent seen that yet, that is something Govt could not hide from the public either.

I read a theory awhile back that theorized UFOs may be future time travelers, this sounds crazy on the surface, but when you think about UFO behavior and that they all pretty much look and behave the same way (over 1000s of years), its a definite possibility and would explain why they do not make contact and avoid interaction.
Whether is carbon based life or silicon, sulfur, arsenic or whatever there is only one drive that all have - survival. Nobody is going to come all that distance to study us or dance around a Maypole. They would be here to colonize and they would not care if we survived or did not. The last thing they would ever do is to share their technology with us other than pointing their death rays at us! Do you remember "I come in peace": https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099817/.

Old 01-01-2019, 03:10 PM

2,483 posts, read 1,099,208 times
Quote:
1951 was a significant time in our history, that is when the 'Invention Secrecy Act' was created, strange timing for such thing imo!

Just imagine if they didnt suppress any technology over the years...no one needed to buy fuel for their vehicles or repair/replace so often?
If we had vehicles or propulsion systems that didn't require fueling, our military would be using it. Fuel supply is a big logistics issue.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
If we had vehicles or propulsion systems that didn't require fueling, our military would be using it. Fuel supply is a big logistics issue.
No we wouldn't because it would collapse the fuel industry which is a huge part of our ecomony. That technology wouldn't stay with the military. It would devastate the economy. Stocks would plunge. Millions would be unemployed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or