Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 03:56 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

I am open to the possibility of alien life, as who are we to say what exists in the Universe. However, I find it difficult that people could keep secrets this long from the general public. I may be wrong, but if there were evidence of aliens like bodies, spacecraft, etc it would have probably come out by now. We've already have seen what happens when we interact with aliens in Star Trek. lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 05:10 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I am open to the possibility of alien life, as who are we to say what exists in the Universe. However, I find it difficult that people could keep secrets this long from the general public. I may be wrong, but if there were evidence of aliens like bodies, spacecraft, etc it would have probably come out by now. We've already have seen what happens when we interact with aliens in Star Trek. lol!
When I was doing NASA/DoD contract work back in the 1980s, first time I visited Wright-Patterson I asked the guy I was working with where they kept the alien bodies. He rolled his eyes and said "Yeah, I've never heard that one before!".

Now that I think of it, he didn't exactly say there were no alien bodies there.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:07 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
When I was doing NASA/DoD contract work back in the 1980s, first time I visited Wright-Patterson I asked the guy I was working with where they kept the alien bodies. He rolled his eyes and said "Yeah, I've never heard that one before!".

He was just rolling his eyes because everybody knows they're in Hangar 18.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:27 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily
Yet for all the sudden accelerations and disappearances, I can't recall many accounts that mentioned loud noises accompanying these moves. You can't escape physics even with advanced flight tech - if air is being displaced or a vacuum is suddenly created, you're going to get a sound. If not, you have to explain why not - what happens to the air when an object suddenly enters or leaves a location? That suggests to me one of the following must be the case (from what I consider most to least probable)
We cannot assume we understand all of physics and we cannot assume we have discovered all the laws of the Universe. To assume so is human but also it is denying there is more to discover.

I understand from what I have read, that advanced technology uses gravitational gradients to 'collapse' the surrounding time-space and creates a 'hole' the craft 'falls' into as it moves forward. Basically, if we had the patents and discoveries that were classified, if we had unlimited resources (remember the 3 trillion which could not be accounted for?), then we too could develop advanced technology and your laws of physics would be upgraded and revised to include movement of physical objects without the air around it causing friction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62
I think if it were many different civilizations, we would see at least some of them attempt to land at the white house in broad daylight, or land in some random neighborhood, to meet the humans...
Except that they DO many such fly-overs and obvious appearances which are probably designed to bring up our awareness of them in our daily life. See my thread on CD about the fly-over of the Kremlin & Pentagon of a triangular craft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheye
Whether is carbon based life or silicon, sulfur, arsenic or whatever there is only one drive that all have - survival. Nobody is going to come all that distance to study us or dance around a Maypole. They would be here to colonize and they would not care if we survived or did not. The last thing they would ever do is to share their technology with us other than pointing their death rays at us!
So check out the literature by David Jacobs who believes we are under attack by hybrid aliens/humans and this is what some of the abductions are being done for - to take DNA and to produce 'hubrids' to control the direction of our species. Survival of a species does not always mean the immediate destruction of the other species but it may in the long run. Perhaps their agenda is not far enough advanced to make their move and kill off the rest of us - who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino760
No we wouldn't because it would collapse the fuel industry which is a huge part of our ecomony. That technology wouldn't stay with the military. It would devastate the economy. Stocks would plunge. Millions would be unemployed.
Yes, but the economy would recover and products would be developed which used the new technology. Imagine if 'floating' anti-gravity technology was anounced tomorrow, there would be many many different things you could use it for which would mean small companies sprouting up all over the place.

What we should be doing is getting this technology out of the hands of the military and into the hands of industry so that we can all benefit - even if it means the oil barons have to move to a different product.

Try to see past the negative towards a positive future.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:52 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post

He is been called “a genius” by Kasparov. And perhaps you think like him too.
Is the screen name inspired by Ivanchuk?

Old 01-02-2019, 06:32 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So check out the literature by David Jacobs who believes we are under attack by hybrid aliens/humans and this is what some of the abductions are being done for - to take DNA and to produce 'hubrids' to control the direction of our species. Survival of a species does not always mean the immediate destruction of the other species but it may in the long run. Perhaps their agenda is not far enough advanced to make their move and kill off the rest of us - who knows?
If a race spends so much time traveling to Earth; I would think they would be quick to open their Xmas present. None of this playing around and waiting decades for results. While we have a signed treaty stating that it is illegal for us to introduce our biological material and seed plants; they, if they are out there, never signed that treaty. They would probably immediately terraform or attack without any thought about our presence other than a quick study of military might or lack of it. If they could get here they would be more than capable of changing the course of asteroids and comets. Would they need any other weapon?

Old 01-02-2019, 12:45 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If a race spends so much time traveling to Earth; I would think they would be quick to open their Xmas present. None of this playing around and waiting decades for results. While we have a signed treaty stating that it is illegal for us to introduce our biological material and seed plants; they, if they are out there, never signed that treaty. They would probably immediately terraform or attack without any thought about our presence other than a quick study of military might or lack of it. If they could get here they would be more than capable of changing the course of asteroids and comets. Would they need any other weapon?
but then if they are supposedly this highly advanced in intelligence, then they would've taken care of finding replacements of biological material and seed plants, that they are wanting to hog on.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:48 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
He is been called “a genius” by Kasparov. And perhaps you think like him too.
Is the screen name inspired by Ivanchuk?
It's the Russian or Greek version of my real name. I haven't played chess since my teenage years.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:11 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
If they wanted to eliminate us, they could have done it a long time ago. It would be as simple as spraying a virus or bacteria into the atmosphere that would kill humans in a matter of days or hours. They wouldn't even need to land or fire one shot. It would be so easy.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:57 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
but then if they are supposedly this highly advanced in intelligence, then they would've taken care of finding replacements of biological material and seed plants, that they are wanting to hog on.
All we are doing is speculating because we have no hard data. All I am doing is extrapolating because survival is all we have known. Look at all those that we colonized or exterminated because we portrayed them as too backwards. Of course it was simply a lie to claim justification. In nature the strong or smart win and the weak or stupid fail. I am not arguing morality; only reality. Currently we have all of our eggs in one basket. Many civilizations, if they exist and are close, would see Earth as only an opportunity to increase their odds of survival.

Of course there are many of us that wish aliens are all friendly and willing to share their technology. I am betting that will never happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal