U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 08:37 AM

16,633 posts, read 10,213,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Seems to me that older reports of UFOs generally involved them making a lot of noise on takeoff or landing, fire-breathing dragon like things in the air, "landing pad" speculation on Ancient Aliens ... but lately UFOs are reported to be silent, they make 90 or 180 degree turns in an instant, they fly faster than we can see, and silently.

Has the alien technology improved, or have our own observations tended to be just a couple of steps beyond the existing technology of the time period? Much of the current silent UFO trend seems to be inline with what we've seen on such programs as "Star Trek".
Yeah, just like us, they are not driving Model T's any more, they have moved up to hybrids. Only the poor aliens still drive the older models
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 10:39 AM

7,571 posts, read 1,880,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
What do you think, itís a good news or a bad news?
Because if Aliens kept progressing at this rate, they will soon break through the technology of making UFOs invisible to humans.

So then, we will have no sound and no visual of UFOs. Wouldnít that be a bummer?
They have had the ability to cloak their ships, and to vanish into thin air for awhile.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:37 AM

13,533 posts, read 7,444,592 times
I saw a UFO up close and I heard it coming. My friend and I were about 12 or 13 and sleeping out in a tent at her house. There was this strange humming noise and when we looked out of the tent there was this saucer shaped craft hoovering almost silently above our tent. It had small square windows all around it and red and white blinking lights all around it. I climbed up on the fence to get even closer and it literally flew off in seconds. It made a sharp turn and was just gone. At the time it scared the crap out of us, but years later I thought it was just a military experimental aircraft. Red and white blinking lights, square windows? It was just like our jets. That would be an amazing coincidence if alien aircraft's had components that looked like ours. Add to the distance and odds of finding our planet? Next to impossible.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:53 AM

7,571 posts, read 1,880,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I saw a UFO up close and I heard it coming. My friend and I were about 12 or 13 and sleeping out in a tent at her house. There was this strange humming noise and when we looked out of the tent there was this saucer shaped craft hoovering almost silently above our tent. It had small square windows all around it and red and white blinking lights all around it. I climbed up on the fence to get even closer and it literally flew off in seconds. It made a sharp turn and was just gone. At the time it scared the crap out of us, but years later I thought it was just a military experimental aircraft. Red and white blinking lights, square windows? It was just like our jets. That would be an amazing coincidence if alien aircraft's had components that looked like ours. Add to the distance and odds of finding our planet? Next to impossible.
I have read LOTS of UFo reports that mention the craft 'humming', usually a low vibration type hum.

If this craft was an experimental or secret military aircraft, and this was many years ago (assuming?), why havent we seen any of this technology trickle down/out to KNOWN aircraft today? When the Stealth bomber was in experimental stage, they frequently got 'ufo' reports when it was being tested...but it didnt stay 'experimental/secret' forever, eventually it became public knowledge and the technology trickled down to other known aircraft.

This is one aspect that suggests UFOs are NOT experimental or secret military craft, if they had antigravity or some other kind of aircraft engine that could operate almost totally silent, I imagine every defense agency would be wanting to use this on their own aircraft, and they would have surely used them by now.

Ultimately, tech that is experimental...does not stay experimental for decades and decades, eventually it becomes public knowledge.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:50 PM

13,712 posts, read 10,952,440 times
Here is a link to the first Buck Rodgers movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm4I8B3bFUA.

In that video they had a Dr. Huer that was the "Greatest scientist and inventor of the 25 Century". Perhaps he took the noise our of noisy UFOs. But he might have been the one responsible for the noise? In many of our old movies they used sound effects in space flight and warfare. Of course we know that sound does not travel in space. That never stopped our producers and editors!

Old 01-02-2019, 01:00 PM

2,067 posts, read 745,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here is a link to the first Buck Rodgers movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm4I8B3bFUA.

In that video they had a Dr. Huer that was the "Greatest scientist and inventor of the 25 Century". Perhaps he took the noise our of noisy UFOs. But he might have been the one responsible for the noise? In many of our old movies they used sound effects in space flight and warfare. Of course we know that sound does not travel in space. That never stopped our producers and editors!

As opposed to Flash Gordon serials at the movies-- space ships sounded mysteriously like electric razors.

The genius engineers on planet Mars were smart enough to support Emperor Ming's floating capital city Mongo (why did it have to float?) with nuclear power, but they still had to have slaves shoveling the Uranium into the nuclear furnaces like stoking a coal furnace. What's up with that?

Old 01-02-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
As opposed to Flash Gordon serials at the movies-- space ships sounded mysteriously like electric razors.

The genius engineers on planet Mars were smart enough to support Emperor Ming's floating capital city Mongo (why did it have to float?) with nuclear power, but they still had to have slaves shoveling the Uranium into the nuclear furnaces like stoking a coal furnace. What's up with that?
When you look at the old movies it is amazing that science fiction ever got a following! I think that we are a harder sell today! Of course we have grown and we are not as naÔve. I believe that science has helped and a better understanding of our universe.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:09 PM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 16 days ago)

4,198 posts, read 3,395,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, just like us, they are not driving Model T's any more, they have moved up to hybrids. Only the poor aliens still drive the older models
Or teenage aliens driving crappy hand-me-downs from their parents.

https://youtu.be/eqz7aOi_lHU

Old 01-02-2019, 02:25 PM

2,561 posts, read 1,138,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
When you look at the old movies it is amazing that science fiction ever got a following! I think that we are a harder sell today! Of course we have grown and we are not as naÔve. I believe that science has helped and a better understanding of our universe.
I grew up with those movies. 25 cents to see the movie, and 10cents for a bag of popcorn and you were entertained for a Saturday afternoon.

One of the best UFO stories I've seen is the one that happened just east of St. Louis in several towns in Illinois. The house-sized triangular object was seen by police in at least 3 jurisdictions. I don't think that one's ever been explained. It moved quite slowly as I recall.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I grew up with those movies. 25 cents to see the movie, and 10cents for a bag of popcorn and you were entertained for a Saturday afternoon.

One of the best UFO stories I've seen is the one that happened just east of St. Louis in several towns in Illinois. The house-sized triangular object was seen by police in at least 3 jurisdictions. I don't think that one's ever been explained. It moved quite slowly as I recall.
I loved the old movies when I was young. I even started a rocket club long before Estes and the boxed rockets hit the shelf. We had many successful launches with our potassium nitrate and sugar fuel. It was all in the processing. Our little rockets went a long ways and left a beautiful white smoke cloud behind them. Of course we had just as much fun with our failures! It was a time of a lot of optimism about a bright future; even when we weren't hiding under our desk! That triangle did not have a long white smoke trail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or