Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 06:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I witnessed a craft at night, overhead outside Scottsdale, AZ. It appeared as if coming "out' of a misty cloud. The physics were obviously off. Not only did it move across the sky without a sound, it actually 'created' silence, it 'cancelled noise'. Everything was still and quiet, until it moved out of view.
These kinds of sightings are pretty common among the UFO reports, and imo, this kind of behavior does not imply an advanced civilization from 'somewhere else', this is what 'ufos' were doing 100 yrs ago too...??

Im not claiming to know this, but there is a BIG part of the puzzle missing, in terms of what these UFOs are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 09:52 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have read LOTS of UFo reports that mention the craft 'humming', usually a low vibration type hum.

If this craft was an experimental or secret military aircraft, and this was many years ago (assuming?), why havent we seen any of this technology trickle down/out to KNOWN aircraft today? When the Stealth bomber was in experimental stage, they frequently got 'ufo' reports when it was being tested...but it didnt stay 'experimental/secret' forever, eventually it became public knowledge and the technology trickled down to other known aircraft.

This is one aspect that suggests UFOs are NOT experimental or secret military craft, if they had antigravity or some other kind of aircraft engine that could operate almost totally silent, I imagine every defense agency would be wanting to use this on their own aircraft, and they would have surely used them by now.

Ultimately, tech that is experimental...does not stay experimental for decades and decades, eventually it becomes public knowledge.
Google circular wing aircraft. "Disc shaped aircraft development dates back to before WWll. A number of disc shaped aircraft have been proposed over the years, and a few have been built." Source: Wikipedia.

What I saw was back in the 60's, and just because an experimental prototype was made, doesn't mean that it was successful. It may have flown but it doesn't mean it met the needs that it was designed for.

What if what the designers was going for is something that can't be detected by radar? We've all seen stories about UFO's being tracked on radar. The saucer shape may have paved the way for the stealth fighter. UFO's went from round to cigar shaped to something that looked like the stealth fighter.

I would think that our government would be wise to spread some red herrings around in the news encouraging UFO sightings as extra terrestrial vs experimental, and deny that they were flying anything at the time it was sighted.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:15 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Google circular wing aircraft. "Disc shaped aircraft development dates back to before WWll. A number of disc shaped aircraft have been proposed over the years, and a few have been built." Source: Wikipedia.

What I saw was back in the 60's, and just because an experimental prototype was made, doesn't mean that it was successful. It may have flown but it doesn't mean it met the needs that it was designed for.

What if what the designers was going for is something that can't be detected by radar? We've all seen stories about UFO's being tracked on radar. The saucer shape may have paved the way for the stealth fighter. UFO's went from round to cigar shaped to something that looked like the stealth fighter.

I would think that our government would be wise to spread some red herrings around in the news encouraging UFO sightings as extra terrestrial vs experimental, and deny that they were flying anything at the time it was sighted.
It's called disinformation and I would think and hope that our government uses whatever it can to keep us 'safe'. It would not even surprise me if some of the sightings were hoaxes created by our government to cover up their real research projects. They have all the tools at their disposal; between balloons and lasers as well as unconventional aircraft.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It's called disinformation and I would think and hope that our government uses whatever it can to keep us 'safe'. It would not even surprise me if some of the sightings were hoaxes created by our government to cover up their real research projects. They have all the tools at their disposal; between balloons and lasers as well as unconventional aircraft.
If that was true though, and they had antigravity or something similar, dont you think we would see at least some of that technology trickle down or out in other areas?

I have to imagine if anyone had the technology to create totally silent aircraft, the military, police, etc would be dying to get their hands on that ASAP.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
If that was true though, and they had antigravity or something similar, dont you think we would see at least some of that technology trickle down or out in other areas?

I have to imagine if anyone had the technology to create totally silent aircraft, the military, police, etc would be dying to get their hands on that ASAP.
We have technology to reduce the bang that our weapons make and we don't use it. The reason is that we have to reduce the bullet speed and thus energy; but we like energetic bullets! Not every idea is a great idea. I have come up with some over the years and not all have worked. Of course there are smarter minds than mine working for better technology. In some cases the technology is too expensive; it's better to have 20 AR's than to have that one small railgun. As time goes on technology changes and what did not work in the past will work in the future.

When it comes to silent aircraft; don't forget that we are not the only ones that want silent aircraft with no radar signature. Virtually every country in the world, that sells aircraft, is in a race to do so. Many of the countries will sell the technology to the highest bidder (how much do you have in your pocket right now)? I know I can't afford any of these new planes!

PS Look at the SST and the Concord. Everybody wants their speed and nobody wants their noise. But we now might have the technology to change all of that?

Last edited by fisheye; 01-13-2019 at 01:18 PM..

Old 01-14-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
We have technology to reduce the bang that our weapons make and we don't use it. The reason is that we have to reduce the bullet speed and thus energy; but we like energetic bullets! Not every idea is a great idea. I have come up with some over the years and not all have worked. Of course there are smarter minds than mine working for better technology. In some cases the technology is too expensive; it's better to have 20 AR's than to have that one small railgun. As time goes on technology changes and what did not work in the past will work in the future.

When it comes to silent aircraft; don't forget that we are not the only ones that want silent aircraft with no radar signature. Virtually every country in the world, that sells aircraft, is in a race to do so. Many of the countries will sell the technology to the highest bidder (how much do you have in your pocket right now)? I know I can't afford any of these new planes!

PS Look at the SST and the Concord. Everybody wants their speed and nobody wants their noise. But we now might have the technology to change all of that?
Thats the point i was making, if some of these UFOs are secret experimental aircraft, they have a MUCH greater aircraft technology than we are led to believe, ability to stop on a dime, extreme hard angle turns, hover in mid air, accelerate so fast its looks like they have vanished into thin air, etc, etc....people have been seeing craft like this for decades, surely by now, some would have been put into use, become public knowledge.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:50 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Thats the point i was making, if some of these UFOs are secret experimental aircraft, they have a MUCH greater aircraft technology than we are led to believe, ability to stop on a dime, extreme hard angle turns, hover in mid air, accelerate so fast its looks like they have vanished into thin air, etc, etc....people have been seeing craft like this for decades, surely by now, some would have been put into use, become public knowledge.
Or we are the pet cats, and the aliens are stoned teenagers with laser pointers turning them on and off, having them make impossible moves, and giggling like crazy as they drive their pets crazy. You can tell I have it in for alien teenagers.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniden...lying_object): "Studies have established that the majority of UFO observations are misidentified conventional objects or natural phenomena—most commonly aircraft, balloons, noctilucent clouds, nacreous clouds, or astronomical objects such as meteors or bright planets with a small percentage even being hoaxes." They go on to say: "Between 5% and 20% of reported sightings are not explained....".

So it is obvious that most have been explained. As far as the unexplained; there are unexplained. Maybe some day we will be able to explain them; but not now. That does not mean that it is a government conspiracy (it could be); but we do not have enough information to draw an opinion.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:54 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
From Wikipedia: "Studies have established that the majority of UFO observations are misidentified conventional objects or natural phenomena—most commonly aircraft, balloons, noctilucent clouds, nacreous clouds, or astronomical objects such as meteors or bright planets with a small percentage even being hoaxes." They go on to say: "Between 5% and 20% of reported sightings are not explained....".
There are other strange meteorological phenomena, like crown flashes (would love to see these):

https://youtu.be/dapweXhhfLU

And ice pillars (I saw these once, in 1988):

https://youtu.be/O0GEfq2J2K8

And lenticular clouds, some of which can make convincing UFOs:

https://youtu.be/nEtbh13Lej0

There are also earth lights which sometimes occur around geological faults. Point being, there are plenty of unusual or rare phenomena that may puzzle the viewer and result in a UFO report - I didn't know what the ice pillars were until I read about them years later.Some of that 5%-20% of unexplained sightings may be of unusual natural phenomena we don't understand yet.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
There are other strange meteorological phenomena, like crown flashes (would love to see these):

https://youtu.be/dapweXhhfLU

And ice pillars (I saw these once, in 1988):

https://youtu.be/O0GEfq2J2K8

And lenticular clouds, some of which can make convincing UFOs:

https://youtu.be/nEtbh13Lej0

There are also earth lights which sometimes occur around geological faults. Point being, there are plenty of unusual or rare phenomena that may puzzle the viewer and result in a UFO report - I didn't know what the ice pillars were until I read about them years later.Some of that 5%-20% of unexplained sightings may be of unusual natural phenomena we don't understand yet.
The crown flashes are pretty amazing! My parents once had an ice circle appear on their pond. It was a patch of perfectly clear ice about 20 or 25 feet in diameter. It was surrounded by opaque ice. Here is a larger one that is not trapped; but spinning: https://news.yahoo.com/unusual-ice-c...170950600.html. There are other ice phenomenon like ice flowers or ice ribbon or ice balls on our rivers.

Sometimes, because we have lived so many years and never saw one of these phenomenon, we look for out of the world explanations.

When I was young my grandparents had a small lake that could, on occasion, have small waterspouts. I have tried to find more information about small waterspouts and have not. These were only about 3 or 4 feet in diameter and were lifting a 5 to 10 feet tall column of water. They were short lived; the lake was only about three acres. My feeling is that it was because of the location of the lake and the geography that surrounded the lake that created this unusual waterspout? I only observed them about 4 or 5 times; but some of those times there were more than one - just like the dust devils our West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal