U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 03:18 PM

2,556 posts, read 1,133,325 times

Advertisements

Seems to me that older reports of UFOs generally involved them making a lot of noise on takeoff or landing, fire-breathing dragon like things in the air, "landing pad" speculation on Ancient Aliens ... but lately UFOs are reported to be silent, they make 90 or 180 degree turns in an instant, they fly faster than we can see, and silently.

Has the alien technology improved, or have our own observations tended to be just a couple of steps beyond the existing technology of the time period? Much of the current silent UFO trend seems to be inline with what we've seen on such programs as "Star Trek".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 04:44 PM

123 posts, read 21,411 times
UFOs don't make noise, i think.

Man-made things mistaken for UFOs... do.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:56 PM

3,918 posts, read 7,402,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Seems to me that older reports of UFOs generally involved them making a lot of noise on takeoff or landing, fire-breathing dragon like things in the air, "landing pad" speculation on Ancient Aliens ... but lately UFOs are reported to be silent, they make 90 or 180 degree turns in an instant, they fly faster than we can see, and silently.

Has the alien technology improved, or have our own observations tended to be just a couple of steps beyond the existing technology of the time period? Much of the current silent UFO trend seems to be inline with what we've seen on such programs as "Star Trek".

Yep, Hollywood movies have enormous influence over the minds of some segments of the population. Watch a few movies and.....I see aliens....UFO flying on top of my house.....the government is hiding aliens.....aliens live underground....aliens live the white house....government secrecy act is hiding everything but we still see aliens.....the Wright brothers didn't invent the aircraft....we reverse engineered it from alien technologies.....

It's entertaining stuff for sure, just like the Hollywood movies.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homi View Post
UFOs don't make noise, i think.

Man-made things mistaken for UFOs... do.
Remember the Lonnie Mazora incident in New Mexico? His attention was directed to the site by a booming noise ... when the egg-shaped UFO allegedly landed. And it took off in the same manner with much noise.

Nowadays UFOs don't make noise ... they just defy the laws of physics for an object with mass.

Strange how things change, isn't it?

Old 01-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 14 days ago)

4,192 posts, read 3,392,433 times
It's interesting to read accounts from the late 1890s Unidentified Flying Airship flap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_airship
Airship Mystery of 1890's

Old 01-01-2019, 06:25 PM

1,517 posts, read 533,264 times
UFO needs a co-signer: USOAO
Unidentified Sound Of An Object.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
It's interesting to read accounts from the late 1890s Unidentified Flying Airship flap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_airship
Airship Mystery of 1890's
Notice that in the drawings of the day of airships, they had propellers. That was pretty much the technology of the time, and the average person could think of nothing more advanced. A jet or rocket engine was not even in the realm of imagination. Now, we have to have "invisible" propulsion and anti-gravity because that's what we dream of due mostly to science fiction.

The subject is interesting and intriguing, and I love programming and books about UFOs and future (or impossible) technology. I like to watch Ancient Aliens and there really are a lot of unexplainable things out there. But I don't think we are or ever have been visited by other civilizations.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:50 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,058,582 times
Quote:
The subject is interesting and intriguing, and I love programming and books about UFOs and future (or impossible) technology. I like to watch Ancient Aliens and there really are a lot of unexplainable things out there. But I don't think we are or ever have been visited by other civilizations .
So... after watching all those Ancient Aliens programs, NOTHING has convinced you there is more going on? Really?

All these people reporting abductions, Bigfoot, undersea craft, UFOs, ISS videos of lasers being shot from Earth, have not made any impression or changed your beliefs in any way?

Wow, thats an impressive sticking-to-your-beliefs and not being swayed by anything. Perhaps you feel it is too scary to go that far out on a limb?

I admit that if I sat down and though too much about it, I would not know what kind of world I was living in, what we humans have got ourselves mixed up in and how we got here. More to the point - how we will get ourselves out of it all and get our power back from the military/police/government which seems to have taken it all from us.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:04 AM

3,793 posts, read 1,377,391 times
Quote:

What do you think, itís a good news or a bad news?
Because if Aliens kept progressing at this rate, they will soon break through the technology of making UFOs invisible to humans.

So then, we will have no sound and no visual of UFOs. Wouldnít that be a bummer?

Old 01-02-2019, 07:04 AM

2,061 posts, read 742,371 times
[quote=RocketDawg;54028781]

Has the alien technology improved,...quote]

Look how much our technology has improved over the last 120 yrs. Why shouldn't theirs have improved too?

[quote=GoCardinals;54032752]
So then, we will have no sound and no visual of UFOs. quote]

How do we know they can't do that now?

How long have we been looking for that lost airliner in the Indian Ocean? --haven't found it yet and we know it's there.....Our Solar System has got to be even smaller when compared to the rest of the galaxy. How would "They" ever have found Us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or