U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 07:30 AM

13,657 posts, read 10,913,376 times

Advertisements

China is up there are will be checking it out with their own rover: China 'lifts mysterious veil' by landing probe on far side .... They haven't moved their rover from their lander so far. They are planning on an exploration of the dark side. In 2013 they had a soft landing on the moon but it failed after several weeks. I presume this one will do better. I do wish them luck and I hope that they share some of the pictures/data.

Over the years we have heard over and over again about aliens using the far side of the moon. The more we explore; the more we can dispel these myths. Of course there is always that possibility that they will find something? Only time will tell. I just wished that we were doing this exploration instead of the Chinese or Russians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 07:42 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,052,059 times
The Chinese dont show anything in their images either otherwise there would be conspiracy buffs looking at the Chinese photos to find evidence. The images released are not good enough, in spite of the newer technology used.

One launch I was watching on TV, they even showed us cgi clips of the space vehicle moving through space from an outside perspective... and I am sure everyone took it as a most natural thing. We are so used to sci-fi films showing the space craft from an outside perspective that now its as real as real and folks take it for granted.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The Chinese dont show anything in their images either otherwise there would be conspiracy buffs looking at the Chinese photos to find evidence. The images released are not good enough, in spite of the newer technology used.

One launch I was watching on TV, they even showed us cgi clips of the space vehicle moving through space from an outside perspective... and I am sure everyone took it as a most natural thing. We are so used to sci-fi films showing the space craft from an outside perspective that now its as real as real and folks take it for granted.
That article is from today and according to that the Chinese have not released their rover. We do not know what, if anything, they will see or show until it starts its exploration. I would presume, that if they did encounter anything alien, that we would not see the pictures. That said I will wait and see if they release any data. They do want to be known as a superpower in space and to do that they will have to show some proof.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:39 AM

2,534 posts, read 1,110,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That article is from today and according to that the Chinese have not released their rover. We do not know what, if anything, they will see or show until it starts its exploration. I would presume, that if they did encounter anything alien, that we would not see the pictures. That said I will wait and see if they release any data. They do want to be known as a superpower in space and to do that they will have to show some proof.
I doubt their rover will go very far, so it will explore a very limited area of the far side. But -- the far side certainly would be a good place for aliens to land, set up a base, and keep an eye on us since we never see the far side. Actually, it's no longer a good place since we now have lunar orbiting satellites, but it was a good place for a long time.

We have Curiosity on Mars running around taking thousands of pictures for the past several years. It's easy to conclude that it's surveyed the entire surface of Mars, but it hasn't. It's only gone a few miles from the landing site, and the entire time it's been inside the Gale Crater. It goes very slowly and very deliberately. The Chinese rover will likely cover an even smaller area.

I've seen one image this morning from Chang'e. It was about what you'd expect ... very closeup and doesn't show much. Conspiracy theorists will probably claim it's not even there, like they did with the earlier one.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I doubt their rover will go very far, so it will explore a very limited area of the far side. But -- the far side certainly would be a good place for aliens to land, set up a base, and keep an eye on us since we never see the far side. Actually, it's no longer a good place since we now have lunar orbiting satellites, but it was a good place for a long time.

We have Curiosity on Mars running around taking thousands of pictures for the past several years. It's easy to conclude that it's surveyed the entire surface of Mars, but it hasn't. It's only gone a few miles from the landing site, and the entire time it's been inside the Gale Crater. It goes very slowly and very deliberately. The Chinese rover will likely cover an even smaller area.

I've seen one image this morning from Chang'e. It was about what you'd expect ... very closeup and doesn't show much. Conspiracy theorists will probably claim it's not even there, like they did with the earlier one.
Every piece of the puzzle gives us a little more information. Whatever they get themselves or show us; it will be more than what we had. At sometime in the future I would presume our rovers will go farther and faster. Our world or moon continues to get smaller.

I am curious how they maintain contact with Earth. I would presume they have an orbiting satellite for communications with their rover?

When younger I always thought the dark side of the moon was dark. But both sides receive about the same sunlight; we just never see the dark side from our perspective.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:54 AM

7,500 posts, read 1,844,440 times
Quote:
China is up there are will be checking it out with their own rover: China 'lifts mysterious veil' by landing probe on far side .... They haven't moved their rover from their lander so far. They are planning on an exploration of the dark side. In 2013 they had a soft landing on the moon but it failed after several weeks. I presume this one will do better. I do wish them luck and I hope that they share some of the pictures/data.

Over the years we have heard over and over again about aliens using the far side of the moon. The more we explore; the more we can dispel these myths. Of course there is always that possibility that they will find something? Only time will tell. I just wished that we were doing this exploration instead of the Chinese or Russians.
Do you honestly believe they would release the footage or news if they did encounter something strange on the moon? I definitely do not.

China and the US may not be the best of friends when it comes to worldly and financial dealings, but when it comes to THIS topic, they are probably in agreement with the US, revealing such news about the dark side of the moon would be devastating to US credibility, it would give instant credibility to those that say the first moon landers encountered hostile aliens on the moon and the US classified the details.

Besides that, there would be too much potential for a public panic, knowing there was hostile aliens that close to earth, Govts have a duty to recognize when they should suppress and withhold news from the public, when its in everyones best interest.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do you honestly believe they would release the footage or news if they did encounter something strange on the moon? I definitely do not.

China and the US may not be the best of friends when it comes to worldly and financial dealings, but when it comes to THIS topic, they are probably in agreement with the US, revealing such news about the dark side of the moon would be devastating to US credibility, it would give instant credibility to those that say the first moon landers encountered hostile aliens on the moon and the US classified the details.

Besides that, there would be too much potential for a public panic, knowing there was hostile aliens that close to earth, Govts have a duty to recognize when they should suppress and withhold news from the public, when its in everyones best interest.
The best kept secrete is when only one person knows and does not share the information. The more people, the more nations, that have access to information; the less likely it will still be a secrete.

As far as the US and China or Russia working together; it is only good to a point. One cannot predict what will happen because of politics. We are all human and have our own ideas how to communicate and inform others of our accomplishments.

One little interesting point to we was this statement about the Chinese lander: "The probe also took six live species - cotton, rapeseed, potato, arabidopsis, fruit fly and yeast - to the lifeless environment to form a mini biosphere, Xinhua said." I thought that many nations were against introducing biological material to the moon or other planets? A meteor could release those materials onto the surface of the moon. Of course I do not think the fruit flies, potato, rapeseed, arabidopsis, and cotton would survive - but yeast might. of course there are those that want to terraform other worlds for human needs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming_of_Mars. I find the Magnetic shield on L1 orbit a very interesting proposal.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:21 PM

1,076 posts, read 961,736 times
NASA: Never A Straight Answer.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 8 days ago)

4,169 posts, read 3,379,735 times
Quote:
I am curious how they maintain contact with Earth. I would presume they have an orbiting satellite for communications with their rover? .
They have a communication satellite at the L2 Lagrangian point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang%...qiao_satellite

Old 01-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
They have a communication satellite at the L2 Lagrangian point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang%...qiao_satellite
Thank you!

Do you know or maybe RocketDawg knows if we, the Russians or Chinese have eyes on the moon all the time (including the far side)? I am sure that Google Earth does They could probably spot the ship in the alien parking lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal