U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2019, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,969 posts, read 11,092,459 times
Reputation: 10310

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
There have been several times when Iíve been in the bathroom at work and the toilet in one of the stalls will flush even though nobody is in there. They are motion activated but I donít know what triggers it. Nobody else is in the bathroom but me and Iím never within a possible range of the motion sensors. Ghostly business?
It could be a bad flapper: https://www.doityourself.com/stry/wh...shes-by-itself. But with the automatic sensor toilets; many are known for a ghost flush and it has nothing to do with ghosts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-16-2019, 08:27 PM
 
5,699 posts, read 3,244,224 times
Reputation: 19722
The ghost flush must go along with the ghost poop - the one where you know you did but when you turn around and look nothing is in the bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 05:53 AM
 
692 posts, read 393,954 times
Reputation: 610
It could be like what the others said, which means a normal reason, but I don't rule out paranormal reason, though.
Interesting that I've heard a very similar story, but only with different place and country. Anyway, don't take it literally, because I just report it.

The beginning like what you mentioned, then A girl saw a lady entering the bathroom, I'm not sure if she mentioned that she talked to her and say hello before going to toilet or not. What happened that the lady spent much time inside which makes the girl think that she might have fainting or something bad happened to her. She was hesitant to leave without making sure. At the end, she decided to check, she went and knocked the door of the bathroom frequently, nobody answer,then she tried to open it and it opened to find out nothing, no body was inside!
She said she doesn't feel of her feet when she just runaway to their car. It's hilarious although creepy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,969 posts, read 11,092,459 times
Reputation: 10310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
It could be like what the others said, which means a normal reason, but I don't rule out paranormal reason, though.
Interesting that I've heard a very similar story, but only with different place and country. Anyway, don't take it literally, because I just report it.

The beginning like what you mentioned, then A girl saw a lady entering the bathroom, I'm not sure if she mentioned that she talked to her and say hello before going to toilet or not. What happened that the lady spent much time inside which makes the girl think that she might have fainting or something bad happened to her. She was hesitant to leave without making sure. At the end, she decided to check, she went and knocked the door of the bathroom frequently, nobody answer,then she tried to open it and it opened to find out nothing, no body was inside!
She said she doesn't feel of her feet when she just runaway to their car. It's hilarious although creepy
You state that you heard a 'similar' story. Hearing a story does not mean that it is fact. Many of us, when we were young, were exposed to ghost stories. Of course the more they were told; the more far fetched they became. Other kids looked up to the one that could tell the best scary story; but it had nothing to do with reality.

When it comes to public bathrooms there are many ways that one could overlook somebody coming or going. Somebody could leave while a toilet was still flushing and not be heard. Or the observer, closed in their own stall, was distracted? There just is not enough there to claim that ghost are real!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2019, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in northern Alabama
17,230 posts, read 52,503,963 times
Reputation: 28529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
There have been several times when Iíve been in the bathroom at work and the toilet in one of the stalls will flush even though nobody is in there. They are motion activated but I donít know what triggers it. Nobody else is in the bathroom but me and Iím never within a possible range of the motion sensors. Ghostly business?
Some fixtures have timers as well. When urine is left to sit in a fixture it builds up a coating of uric acid crystal in the throat, which creates that restroom stench that can happen even in clean restrooms. You don't even want to be in the same room when a ten year old urinal is replaced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM
 
692 posts, read 393,954 times
Reputation: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You state that you heard a 'similar' story. Hearing a story does not mean that it is fact. Many of us, when we were young, were exposed to ghost stories. Of course the more they were told; the more far fetched they became. Other kids looked up to the one that could tell the best scary story; but it had nothing to do with reality.

When it comes to public bathrooms there are many ways that one could overlook somebody coming or going. Somebody could leave while a toilet was still flushing and not be heard. Or the observer, closed in their own stall, was distracted? There just is not enough there to claim that ghost are real!
First: Look, about the story that I reported, I'll not defend it because it's not mine, maybe it's not true. I just don't rule it out exactly like OP story; I didn't say it's fact, I said : " It could be like what the others said, which means a normal reason, but I don't rule out paranormal reason, though."
But I'll tell you that people who were talking about such incidences were not children, youths but not children who were listening to grandma or so on while she's telling them stories before sleep, for instance.

Second: I didn't use the term "ghost". You are the one who used it here. I said "paranormal reason", I was accurate because I know how people define this word "ghost"; my definition is different in this case, the common point is that both are belong to the paranormal reason (something out of ordinary and couldn't be explained or understood by physical known science).

Third: this story that I reported it, as I said in advance, I'm not gonna defend it, it might not be true. But about the (CONCEPT) that says there are somethings out of ordinary called "paranormal" happened and happens sometimes or even in rare times, this is TRUE. I DO know it's true. Don't think that I believe in everything I read or heard whether here or anywhere else; At the same time, I don't care if you believe it or not
I'm not alone who doesn't rule out such things, there are a lot. But the thing that I'm against is "exaggeration" that makes someone be OVER to the extent that let him become unrealistic in his thinking and tend to explain every thing to paranormal phenomena include obvious crimes that happen due to an evil human behavior.

Thank you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,969 posts, read 11,092,459 times
Reputation: 10310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post


First: Look, about the story that I reported, I'll not defend it because it's not mine, maybe it's not true. I just don't rule it out exactly like OP story; I didn't say it's fact, I said : " It could be like what the others said, which means a normal reason, but I don't rule out paranormal reason, though."
But I'll tell you that people who were talking about such incidences were not children, youths but not children who were listening to grandma or so on while she's telling them stories before sleep, for instance.

Second: I didn't use the term "ghost". You are the one who used it here. I said "paranormal reason", I was accurate because I know how people define this word "ghost"; my definition is different in this case, the common point is that both are belong to the paranormal reason (something out of ordinary and couldn't be explained or understood by physical known science).

Third: this story that I reported it, as I said in advance, I'm not gonna defend it, it might not be true. But about the (CONCEPT) that says there are somethings out of ordinary called "paranormal" happened and happens sometimes or even in rare times, this is TRUE. I DO know it's true. Don't think that I believe in everything I read or heard whether here or anywhere else; At the same time, I don't care if you believe it or not
I'm not alone who doesn't rule out such things, there are a lot. But the thing that I'm against is "exaggeration" that makes someone be OVER to the extent that let him become unrealistic in his thinking and tend to explain every thing to paranormal phenomena include obvious crimes that happen due to an evil human behavior.

Thank you

So I used the term ghost and you used the term paranormal; neither claim has any proof. What do you want us to believe about your wife's experience? You do realize that this account is third party information with no evidence to back up your wife's story. It isn't only that; but everything she told you could have a logical and real explanation. There is no reason to talk to me in color or tongues to make your point; I really am put off by people that try to emphasize their stories with bold print, colors or flashing lights; I associate that kind of advertisement with P T Barnum types. It could just be me; but the harder one tries to advertise their "Truth"; the more I don't believe the story.

I don't mean to be harsh; I do love mysteries. I never bought one item off one of the telemarketers for the same reasons I have stated. If I am going to believe in an idea or product; I want to logically come to that conclusion after some study on the subject. Of course I make mistakes; just like all humans do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:13 AM
 
692 posts, read 393,954 times
Reputation: 610
When u read, always READ COMPREHENSION. Don't add/imagine things not written (that's why I add colors, to see it clear ). If someone does like you, I consider him lying to what I said. And no one want you to believe anything.




Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top