U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 08:59 PM

4,273 posts, read 2,592,752 times

Advertisements

My family and I drove down to Texas for the holidays and of course stopped by a Whataburger on the way out of Texas. Wife went to use the restroom, it's a double stall and she said nobody was in the other stall. She said she saw a lady at a sink. Never hears the door open and close, so she doesn't know if the lady left Lights turn on and off, not flicker like a signal of a potential power outage or surge, but on and off. She got out of the bathroom and nobody was there. she never heard the lady leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 09:07 PM

2,772 posts, read 1,233,260 times
The restroom probably had motion activated light switches, and turned off after a set limit of no motion.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:04 AM

11,217 posts, read 4,533,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The restroom probably had motion activated light switches, and turned off after a set limit of no motion.
It's not uncommon for people sitting in a bathroom stall to find themselves in complete darkness because of motion sensors.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:35 AM

13,969 posts, read 11,092,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It's not uncommon for people sitting in a bathroom stall to find themselves in complete darkness because of motion sensors.
Besides motion sensors there are many other explanations from a loose or bad bulb, faulty wiring, or even temporary loss of power (of course the OP would probably have noticed if the station went dark).

As far as not hearing a woman leave: Tile floors and soft shoes could do that. Also, if the bathroom had the spigots that turn themselves off, one might hear water running when the person actually left.

It's hard to analyze something like this without seeing the location. I would not be quick to think it points to the paranormal.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:39 AM

11,217 posts, read 4,533,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Besides motion sensors there are many other explanations from a loose or bad bulb, faulty wiring, or even temporary loss of power (of course the OP would probably have noticed if the station went dark).

As far as not hearing a woman leave: Tile floors and soft shoes could do that. Also, if the bathroom had the spigots that turn themselves off, one might hear water running when the person actually left.

It's hard to analyze something like this without seeing the location. I would not be quick to think it points to the paranormal.
That pretty much describes the bathrooms where I work. The water faucets turn themselves off and there are motion sensors that turn off the lights. If you're in a bathroom stall, you really have no idea what's going on.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That pretty much describes the bathrooms where I work. The water faucets turn themselves off and there are motion sensors that turn off the lights. If you're in a bathroom stall, you really have no idea what's going on.
That isn't even mentioning the hand driers which could easily mask the sound of footsteps or a door closing. Not everybody waits until they turn off.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:35 PM

2,772 posts, read 1,233,260 times
Quote:
That isn't even mentioning the hand driers which could easily mask the sound of footsteps or a door closing. Not everybody waits until they turn off.
And some of those things must be at about the 150 dB level. MacDonald's seem to be particularly loud.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:50 PM

4,273 posts, read 2,592,752 times
Quote:

The lights definitely stayed on in the rest of the store. AS for motion sensor lights, if you saw this place, you would definitely disagree. Old building. But yea, maybe that could mean faulty wiring?

Old 01-04-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
The lights definitely stayed on in the rest of the store. AS for motion sensor lights, if you saw this place, you would definitely disagree. Old building. But yea, maybe that could mean faulty wiring?
Or a loose or failing light bulb? I wasn't there; so anything is possible. Only your wife really knows exactly what she saw.

My wife had an experience in the restroom of our hunting camp. She was finishing up when she thought she saw something black move under the seat between the bowl. So she lifted up the seat to see two bats drop into the flushing toilet. I think that she had an outer-body experience because I could hear her while standing outside the building! Some women don't like to share! The bats weren't happy either!

Old 01-04-2019, 11:38 PM

5,670 posts, read 6,017,362 times
There have been several times when I’ve been in the bathroom at work and the toilet in one of the stalls will flush even though nobody is in there. They are motion activated but I don’t know what triggers it. Nobody else is in the bathroom but me and I’m never within a possible range of the motion sensors. Ghostly business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or