U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 12:06 PM

15,743 posts, read 20,278,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
so you plan to scare the **** out of people
Isn't that what a ghost is supposed to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 02:43 PM

5,055 posts, read 7,938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
"EVERY TIME YOU GET DRESSED REMEMBER: IF YOU DIE THAT'S YOUR GHOST OUTFIT FOREVER"
Good point! Take heed of the wisdom of mothers everywhere:
"Be sure to wear clean underwear whenever you go out. You never know what might happen."

Old 01-12-2019, 05:05 PM

4,340 posts, read 4,982,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Good point! Take heed of the wisdom of mothers everywhere:
"Be sure to wear clean underwear whenever you go out. You never know what might happen."
TRUE----only fix--''unless it is winter go commando"

Old 02-09-2019, 06:49 PM

1,932 posts, read 1,162,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
If they are from a certain era wouldn't it make sense for them to be wearing the clothing from their time period? I would assume they would be wearing what they wore when they lived. I've never really made out clothing when I have seen a spirit. My son told me once there was a man standing in his doorway wearing a suit and hat and smoking a cigarette once. He was maybe 6-7 years old at the time and when I asked what kind of hat he didn't know a name but after looking at pictures we determined it was a fedora type hat. My friend recently posted this to her Instagram account and it made me laugh.

"EVERY TIME YOU GET DRESSED REMEMBER: IF YOU DIE THAT'S YOUR GHOST OUTFIT FOREVER"
I view this as a good argument to spend my life wearing my comfy jammies and favorite fuzzy stripey socks. If I gotta wear something for eternity, then I might as well be comfortable.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:20 AM

4,451 posts, read 2,687,829 times
I don't think this thread went the way the OP wanted/expected

Old 02-14-2019, 09:30 PM

13,123 posts, read 18,899,016 times
Whatever "It" is, it isn't stuck in linear time like us and can appear any way it wants to... even in 100% accurate historical costume and with the appearance of a deceased person.

... still doesn't mean it's the lost disembodied soul of a human being.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:27 AM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
1,059 posts, read 321,590 times
Hollywood has established the 19th/early 20th century as the standard dress code for apparitions. It has since gone on to become the accepted standard in the spirit world. The octocentenarians in the Amalgamated Apparitions Union board of directors voted to approve it. You say you're a skater d00d who died in 2018? Too bad, your standard-issue garb is designed to conform to your great-great-great grandparents' fashion sensibilities.

And you thought ham radio people were stubbornly stuck in their ways...

Old 02-15-2019, 10:56 AM

75,866 posts, read 67,713,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
The witnesses claim they saw ghosts wearing Victorian clothing, or any period piece clothing. How come we don't hear from them claiming they saw ghosts wearing skinny jeans or emo haircuts, or even bell-bottoms, or Miami Vice clothing with New Wave haircuts?
It's said that they choose to appear wearing clothing that would be familiar to their loved ones, so as to be readily recognizable. (Pardon me, if someone already posted that.) Someone who passed away fairly recently would be wearing modern clothes, whatever their style preference was, or whatever they were accustomed to wearing, when alive.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:00 PM

14,119 posts, read 11,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's said that they choose to appear wearing clothing that would be familiar to their loved ones, so as to be readily recognizable. (Pardon me, if someone already posted that.) Someone who passed away fairly recently would be wearing modern clothes, whatever their style preference was, or whatever they were accustomed to wearing, when alive.
The vast majority of so called ghost do not hold lengthy conversations with their loved ones. Why would they care what they wore? They might as well appear in the buff; who is going to arrest them? There are a few sightings where ghost did appear nude; but that is uncommon.

I am sorry; but I am not a big believer in ghost. My feeling is that people see what they want to see. To believe in ghost that appear like they were, before they decomposed or before the accident that killed them, goes against any of our known science. Then to think that the clothes they wore did not age would also go against known science. Many of those sightings defy space and time.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:10 PM

14,317 posts, read 11,513,167 times
It says a lot about the teachings "back then' whether in the 1700s or 1920...they got a lot of guilt preached. So they are still bound 'here' with that guilt.

The joy and the power and freedom was taught later...I don't know exactly when a Revival happened...
late 1800s, I think....but in smaller groups......later the New Thought folks started...very advanced people...
the Charles Fillmore gang that eventually started Unity Church....the Kenneth Hagin, Katherine Kuhlman gang doing revivals about the glory of God , healing people...so there was less guilt more happiness preached.

My take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or