U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 04:47 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,466,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Whatever "It" is, it isn't stuck in linear time like us and can appear any way it wants to... even in 100% accurate historical costume and with the appearance of a deceased person.

... still doesn't mean it's the lost disembodied soul of a human being.
Something to consider....doesnt dismiss whats seen as imaginative. B'cause we really dont have the answers....yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 06:57 AM

250 posts, read 106,757 times
Default materializing clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Better question: Why do ghosts wear clothes at all?
And how can they materialize clothing since it's not part of their DNA?

Old 03-02-2019, 01:57 PM

23,988 posts, read 22,985,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
And how can they materialize clothing since it's not part of their DNA?
I't's not real material that you're seeing.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:07 PM

14,138 posts, read 11,282,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Something to consider....doesnt dismiss whats seen as imaginative. B'cause we really dont have the answers....yet.
People are still conscious after they die (at least for a short time): https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...sts-Flatliners.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:09 PM

8,941 posts, read 3,466,883 times
My family was at a campground, fishing off a very small pier after dark. The pier was lit.

After a little while, my teenage son started looking around, baffled. He said where'd that guy go?

What guy?

That guy, who was fishing right there! We all looked at him, curious. It was a very small pier, small enough that the presence of a stranger would have felt uncomfortably close, boundaries and all.

He went on to describe what the man was wearing, what he looked like, etc. He was just some guy fishing.

Later in the vacation I told the story to the woman who ran the camp store. She said yeah, she'd heard something about a ghost on the pier at night, hadn't ever seen him herself and didn't know how to describe him except he was a fisherman.

Not in old-timey clothing.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:43 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,116,504 times
Ghosts..aka..apparitions, are maybe just projecting. They are the memory of themselves. Perhaps they either aren't aware they have died, or resisting that thought.
As for what they are wearing, perhaps it is the last thing they remember wearing. And the modern ones? Like the one poster mentioned, the 2 men on his porch were wearing modern clothing. If they hadn't disappeared, he wouldn't have realized they were ghosts.
I don't know if I have seen any or not. I tend to see "spirits" in my dreams. Spirits who are trying to communicate. With me or someone else.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:48 PM

16 posts, read 1,140 times
This is a long thread so I will admit I didn't read it all yet but I had a friend who lived in an old building that I also lived in about a decade ago and she told me this story the next day after it happened. One afternoon she had her BF over and they were coming back inside after having dinner out, this apartment building used to be an old Hollywood, CA residential hotel for workers at the nearby Paramount Pictures backlot but a few celebrities lived there over the years also. They entered the front door into the lobby and as they passed through the room her boyfriend stopped talking and remained silent as they then got into the old style steel-grate door elevator and went up to her floor. Only after they went in and closed the door did he frantically start asking her what did they just see in the lobby? She didn't know what he was talking about and asked what did he see? He told her as soon as they entered he saw the room (which used to be the Hotel's ballroom) it was full of people dressed in 1920/30's formal clothing and they were having a party but nobody looked at him so he thought they were maybe filming a movie scene and walked through the middle of it. He didn't think "ghosts" because he was sure they were real people until they got to the elevator and everyone simply turned semi transparent then disappeared. He was so freaked out when she said she didn't see anything that he made them leave and he would never enter our building again.

I believe them because I was leaving the mailroom (old front desk of the Hotel) and as I walked through the lobby I saw a resident in a high backed chair and said, "good morning" as I walked past, but they didn't respond so I stopped for a moment to repeat myself in case they didn't hear me but the chair was empty with the impression of a person seen in the velvet. We also had a dog that would walk through the apartment normally but hated the hallway and if she had to walk through she would always run. One day I was talking to the landlord who also lived in the building a couple of units away from mine and she asked randomly, "have you seen the ghost in your apartment yet?" I gasped and said no but I think the dog has. She asked me if the dog alerted to the hallway, I confirmed, so she said "just light a clear candle in there and say some words that the spirit is free to leave and you should be fine." We did and the dog never had any issues with the apartment again.

To answer the original question i think we step in and out of time because we invented the construct as humans, so how can we fully understand it?

BTW This is a cool forum, I came here to talk about neighborhoods in Oregon but this really caught my attention! I'm excited to hear more of your stories.

Old Today, 01:47 AM

4,372 posts, read 4,991,404 times
sadly,for some since spiritual energy is everywhere,that energy may reach out no matter where you are!

in my exoerience,house hunting and apt hunting is worst as some energies are toxic and what may seem tolerable at the time is not tolerable on a daily basis .

the area I am now renting in is full of such energies,so house hunting has become a chore.

Old Today, 01:08 PM

354 posts, read 205,597 times
Here's a recent example:

https://abc13.com/5213923/

Old Today, 01:57 PM

5,902 posts, read 3,404,796 times
First time I ever did was when I was around 10 in the 60's and we moved into a years abandoned brownstone. I saw an old woman all dressed in black with a long grey braid hanging from the ceiling in my grandma's room off the kitchen. Common attire for elderly widowed Italians back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or