Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:46 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,014,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Because people 'see' what they want to see, and expect to see, based on what they imagine they should see. The Laws of Physics do not support the existence of 'ghosts'.
Oh dear; I'm afraid there has been a miscommunication ...

"The Laws of Physics" is actually just one of many works of a Monographic Series known as: "The Order of The Universe", author unknown.

To date, over the last 200,000 years; only a small portion of the collection has been discovered & exists in the possession of Man. Due to recent advances in communication technology, frequent updates are expected but procurement of the entire series will not be realized in our lifetime. Apologies extended for any inconveniences experienced due to this status.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:21 AM

22,836 posts, read 28,056,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Oh dear; I'm afraid there has been a miscommunication ...

"The Laws of Physics" is actually just one of many works of a Monographic Series known as: "The Order of The Universe", author unknown.

To date, over the last 200,000 years; only a small portion of the collection has been discovered & exists in the possession of Man. Due to recent advances in communication technology, frequent updates are expected but procurement of the entire series will not be realized in our lifetime. Apologies extended for any inconveniences experienced due to this status.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:37 AM

506 posts, read 504,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
If they are from a certain era wouldn't it make sense for them to be wearing the clothing from their time period? I would assume they would be wearing what they wore when they lived. I've never really made out clothing when I have seen a spirit. My son told me once there was a man standing in his doorway wearing a suit and hat and smoking a cigarette once. He was maybe 6-7 years old at the time and when I asked what kind of hat he didn't know a name but after looking at pictures we determined it was a fedora type hat. My friend recently posted this to her Instagram account and it made me laugh.

"EVERY TIME YOU GET DRESSED REMEMBER: IF YOU DIE THAT'S YOUR GHOST OUTFIT FOREVER"
How come I never hear of ghosts wearing bondage and leather masks with zippers for mouths?

Old 01-10-2019, 03:54 PM

2,183 posts, read 7,971,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
How come I never hear of ghosts wearing bondage and leather masks with zippers for mouths?
I don't like to let my families "ghosts" out of the closet!

Old 01-10-2019, 04:01 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,380,398 times
Quote:
If they are from a certain era wouldn't it make sense for them to be wearing the clothing from their time period? I would assume they would be wearing what they wore when they lived. I've never really made out clothing when I have seen a spirit. My son told me once there was a man standing in his doorway wearing a suit and hat and smoking a cigarette once. He was maybe 6-7 years old at the time and when I asked what kind of hat he didn't know a name but after looking at pictures we determined it was a fedora type hat. My friend recently posted this to her Instagram account and it made me laugh.

"EVERY TIME YOU GET DRESSED REMEMBER: IF YOU DIE THAT'S YOUR GHOST OUTFIT FOREVER"
Reminds me of the Karl Pilkington quote warning against donating your eyes to science after death, because you'll be "wandering about dead for years, bumping into stuff." He says it's OK to donate your kidneys, because ghosts don't need to eat.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:31 PM

23,868 posts, read 32,134,743 times
Quote:

I just saw this meme come across my Facebook feed, and I had to agree - and laugh - when I saw it here. I was about to post it, but CAKD beat me too it.

Seriously, folks, are ghost supposed to "keep up with fashion"?

Sometimes the "anti-paranormal crowd" can sound crazier than we do. Ghosts are not fashion conscious, and probably, they appear in what they wore at death.

That would especially apply to ghosts that are "instant replays" of tragic events - but I think it applies to ALL APPARITIONS.

Ghosts are not "only Victorian", although there do appear to be a preponderance of them. I think that's because interest in spiritualism began in the post Civil War period.

I know someone who saw the apparitions of 1950s teenagers in prom clothes. Another who saw a brief apparition of "Nancy" of the infamous "Sid and Nancy" fame - in the bathroom of the room in which she was murdered at the Hotel Chelsea in NYC - in full punk regalia.

She ran out of the bathroom and out the hotel room door. The hotel shut down that room, since. i am not sure why.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:18 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,896,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
Mark S. promises he'll come back buck naked and howling, which is a step in the right direction.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:28 PM

11,091 posts, read 7,834,862 times
They’re dead and can’t buy new clothes?

Old 01-10-2019, 11:00 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,058,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Fair warning: If I ever come back as a ghost, I'm coming back buck naked and howling.

so you plan to scare the **** out of people

Old 01-11-2019, 01:06 PM

22,836 posts, read 28,056,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
so you plan to scare the **** out of people
Isn't that what a ghost is supposed to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.