U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 04:44 PM

13,868 posts, read 11,023,169 times

Advertisements

Recently my electric company applied for and exemption to fly drones to inspect their power lines. They are not the only ones: https://www.tdworld.com/regulations-...ew-flight-plan. Companies and individuals are always looking for a new way to ether cut cost, take great pictures, or simply have fun. Altogether consumers are spending billions upon billions of dollars on cameras and devices that use cameras every year. The days of one cloudy video of a BF are over. Today we would have film of the guy getting into the suit and out of it as well as defecating behind a tree!

Right now our FAA has registered over a million drones in the US: https://www.newsledge.com/consumer-drones-2018-numbers/. They can fly to 400 feet in the sky and their best picture are from about 100 to 200 feet in altitude. Of course not all one million are flying at the same time. But their owners are probably snapping pictures with their smart phones when not flying: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-in-the-us/.

Every minute that goes by our world gets smaller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 07:51 AM

7,834 posts, read 1,945,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Recently my electric company applied for and exemption to fly drones to inspect their power lines. They are not the only ones: https://www.tdworld.com/regulations-...ew-flight-plan. Companies and individuals are always looking for a new way to ether cut cost, take great pictures, or simply have fun. Altogether consumers are spending billions upon billions of dollars on cameras and devices that use cameras every year. The days of one cloudy video of a BF are over. Today we would have film of the guy getting into the suit and out of it as well as defecating behind a tree!

Right now our FAA has registered over a million drones in the US: https://www.newsledge.com/consumer-drones-2018-numbers/. They can fly to 400 feet in the sky and their best picture are from about 100 to 200 feet in altitude. Of course not all one million are flying at the same time. But their owners are probably snapping pictures with their smart phones when not flying: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-in-the-us/.

Every minute that goes by our world gets smaller.
If some of the pictures taken by these drones DID show something strange (like a sasquatch), do you really think anybody would believe it?

Or, would they say it was a 'mis-ID', a hunter in one of those gila suits(I think thats the name?)

A UFO could descend in Times square on New years eve and majority of people would say it was fake or a hoax!

Old 01-17-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If some of the pictures taken by these drones DID show something strange (like a sasquatch), do you really think anybody would believe it?

Or, would they say it was a 'mis-ID', a hunter in one of those gila suits(I think thats the name?)

A UFO could descend in Times square on New years eve and majority of people would say it was fake or a hoax!
I would say that good clear photos and videos stand a better chance than blobsquatch. What is most troubling is that we have no clear phots/videos. I keep saying that there are more cameras everyday. The place where I work has over 800 security cameras and that was a few years ago (they probably have many more now). How can any real animal escape the prying eyes of our video and still cameras? Tomorrow there will be more cameras than there are today. Tomorrow we will find new uses and new places to deploy more cameras. Every second it gets harder to hide.

In other words, without any new proof coming forward; big foot looks more like a hoax. It looks like one never existed.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:30 AM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 29 days ago)

4,235 posts, read 3,419,168 times
Quote:
You're saying a hunter walking in a ghillie suit filmed from a hundred feet away can't be mistaken for bigfoot?

https://lindagodfrey.com/2012/12/29/...-ghillie-suit/

Old 01-17-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You're saying a hunter walking in a ghillie suit filmed from a hundred feet away can't be mistaken for bigfoot?

Actually, if a BF believer took the picture; it would be blobsquatch but still held as proof of their existence! They should really teach a photography course over there at BFRO. It's amazing how they can have autofocus and image stabilization and still produce pictures that are worse the old timers with the gun powder flash!

Old 01-17-2019, 09:42 PM

6,448 posts, read 6,075,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Actually, if a BF believer took the picture; it would be blobsquatch but still held as proof of their existence! They should really teach a photography course over there at BFRO. It's amazing how they can have autofocus and image stabilization and still produce pictures that are worse the old timers with the gun powder flash!

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:

No, I was saying they WOULD BE mis-id'd.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:34 AM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 29 days ago)

4,235 posts, read 3,419,168 times
Quote:
No, I was saying they WOULD BE mis-id'd.
Which is why photographic and video evidence of cryptids and paranormal phenomena is worthless today. Some years ago, a 14 year old posted a CGI video to Youtube that he made that featuring a gnome or elf walking along with the filmer talking in a made-up language and pointing to another gnome. It was high-quality and convincing - and that's by a kid with CGI software on his laptop.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Which is why photographic and video evidence of cryptids and paranormal phenomena is worthless today. Some years ago, a 14 year old posted a CGI video to Youtube that he made that featuring a gnome or elf walking along with the filmer talking in a made-up language and pointing to another gnome. It was high-quality and convincing - and that's by a kid with CGI software on his laptop.
Yes, right, and its 2019 now...so there should be LOTS of videos and pictures of Bigfoot, UFOs, sea monsters, etc etc, that appear to be AUTHENTIC, even enough to fool majority of skeptics...right?

Old 01-19-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
That said; we do not have any clear pictures. I would 'trust' a clear picture over blobsquatch. At least our 'experts' it with a fine tooth comb. The only clear pictures we have of BF were made my the Jack Link's film crew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal