U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 11:48 AM
Status: "Oh, all right, then: I'm retired." (set 29 days ago)

4,235 posts, read 3,419,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, right, and its 2019 now...so there should be LOTS of videos and pictures of Bigfoot, UFOs, sea monsters, etc etc, that appear to be AUTHENTIC, even enough to fool majority of skeptics...right?
You'd think that would be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That said; we do not have any clear pictures. I would 'trust' a clear picture over blobsquatch. At least our 'experts' it with a fine tooth comb. The only clear pictures we have of BF were made my the Jack Link's film crew!
Well, Todd Standing has some clear videos of BF's face - BF standing there posing for the camera and occasionally blinking. Which I'm sure some find utterly convincing.

Animatronics
https://youtu.be/Z7wirAzFKc8

Old 01-19-2019, 02:08 PM

8,509 posts, read 4,151,380 times
I had some pictures I took with a Brownie 50 years ago of some huge footprints in the snow. The negative got lost somewhere. Not saying they were Bigfoot, but someone with huge feet was walking barefoot in the snow at night, out in the middle of nowhere. No farm homes in that area, in Southern Missouri.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:40 PM

13,868 posts, read 11,023,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I had some pictures I took with a Brownie 50 years ago of some huge footprints in the snow. The negative got lost somewhere. Not saying they were Bigfoot, but someone with huge feet was walking barefoot in the snow at night, out in the middle of nowhere. No farm homes in that area, in Southern Missouri.

Did they look like any of these: https://www.bear-tracker.com/blackbe...andsigns.html?

Scroll down that link and there are some rear foot prints that look like it could have come from a BF.

Old 01-19-2019, 05:01 PM

7,834 posts, read 1,945,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You'd think that would be the case.
Yep, it is strange there are not.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:37 AM

10,179 posts, read 10,077,166 times
[quote=Floorist;54193610]I had some pictures I took with a Brownie 50 years ago of some huge footprints in the snow. The negative got lost somewhere. Not saying they were Bigfoot, but someone with huge feet was walking barefoot in the snow at night, out in the middle of nowhere. No farm homes in that area, in Southern Missouri.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your post. It gets you pretty nervous when you find a super fresh tack and the start hearing that DAWOOP sound.

Old Yesterday, 04:57 AM

8,509 posts, read 4,151,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Did they look like any of these: https://www.bear-tracker.com/blackbe...andsigns.html?

Scroll down that link and there are some rear foot prints that look like it could have come from a BF.
No, I know bear tracks. We have some bears here too.

Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM

13,868 posts, read 11,023,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
No, I know bear tracks. We have some bears here too.
There is one more bear track and that one is when a bear gets an injured front leg. It will then walk on its hind legs and that changes the weight distribution. It does not happen that often but it has happened enough times that several people have filmed the two legged walking bears. It would be interesting to see footprints from one of these bears and see it those look similar to your track sighing.

Old Today, 09:05 AM

20,804 posts, read 20,978,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoman View Post
Anyone know of any recent Bigfoot sightings in Illinois? I'm particularly interested in the Illinois river valley area between Morris and Utica.
I would assume if there were any Big Feet they would be found near a river. That's where Mothman hung out along the Ohio River and The Flying Cloud Chicken Shark along the Minnesota River Bottoms near Minneapolis. Lots of undeveloped land and any pets they grab will just be blamed on coyotes.

artist's rendering...
https://cdn.drawception.com/images/p...haLFzPq-10.png

Old Today, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I would assume if there were any Big Feet they would be found near a river. That's where Mothman hung out along the Ohio River and The Flying Cloud Chicken Shark along the Minnesota River Bottoms near Minneapolis. Lots of undeveloped land and any pets they grab will just be blamed on coyotes.
Haven't heard of the Flying Cloud etc. - I'm assuming it's a joke - but there are several cryptids and legends along the Mississippi, including:

When I lived in Rock Island IL as a kid, there was a native American legend of some sort of man-sized bird spirit that lived caves at the base of Arsenal Island. The caves were flooded in the 19th century when they installed the lock and dam there.

A drawing of the Piasa Bird was first spotted by the explorer Marquette in 1673. "They are as large As a calf; they have Horns on their heads Like those of a deer, a horrible look, red eyes, a beard Like a tiger's, a face somewhat like a man's, a body Covered with scales, and so Long A tail that it winds all around the Body, passing above the head and going back between the legs, ending in a Fish's tail."

The aforementioned Momo is a bigfoot-like creature reported at various places on the Mississippi river - original sighting in 1971.

Pepie's a lake monster in Lake Pepin, a two-mile wide section of the Mississippi south of Minneapolis carved out by the glaciers. Sightings reported going back to the 19th century. Maybe it eats the Flying Cloud Chicken Sharks for breakfast.

I recall reading of reports of small primates or monkey-like creatures in the Mississippi bottomlands, maybe in southern Illinois and Missouri. I may have read this in Heuvelmans' "On the Track of Unknown Animals" many decades ago.

Enormous catfish are supposed to live near the roller dams along the river, but that claim's made in various other parts of the country as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal