U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 09:34 AM

4,270 posts, read 3,449,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
If it continues on the path it went this week, Ill stop watching it.
I found the potential for girl-on-girl action implied in the Russian agent's flirtatious interaction with Hynek's wife pointless and annoying - a lame attempt at hooking the audience. I agree that Episode 2 does not bode well for the future of the series - it reminded me of some of the lamer X-Files episodes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 12:01 PM

346 posts, read 156,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I've got to go back and re-watch last night's episode (I'm recording the series). Maybe I'm losing my hearing, but much of the dialogue is so low that it's drowned out by the background music/noise. I guess I'll have to get out my Bluetooth headphones.
I thought it was just me! I have a really hard time hearing a lot of the dialogue as well.....seems low and sort of slurred.....maybe they think that makes it more mysterious!

Old 01-18-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I thought it was just me! I have a really hard time hearing a lot of the dialogue as well.....seems low and sort of slurred.....maybe they think that makes it more mysterious!
At my age, I often need to turn on close captioning on my TV to hear all the dialogue.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:05 PM

2,805 posts, read 1,247,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I found the potential for girl-on-girl action implied in the Russian agent's flirtatious interaction with Hynek's wife pointless and annoying - a lame attempt at hooking the audience. I agree that Episode 2 does not bode well for the future of the series - it reminded me of some of the lamer X-Files episodes.
I agree ... that was annoying, seemingly unnecessary, and has nothing to do with the storyline. Perhaps in future episodes it'll be more clear why that particular spying method was used. Perhaps it was becauase of Mrs. Hynek's naivety. Actually, the entire program is a bit too X-Filish for me, but I'll still watch because it's an interesting subject.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I broke out my headphones and watched both episodes again, and they do indeed help, but it was still hard to understand when Hynek's wife and the blonde spy were talking. Overall, there's a lot of low frequency background noise that can be heard on the headphones, much like you hear on a sound system with a subwoofer (most of time time I just use the TV speakers; I have it connected to surround sound but rarely use it).

Old 01-18-2019, 06:01 PM

8,141 posts, read 2,029,371 times
Quote:
Well, they can't. Project Blue Book was canceled in 1969 and there's been no government/military investigation of UFOs since then.
Well, we know for a fact the Pentagon spent $22M to investigate, majority went to Bigelow Aerospace, to modify structures, so they could test and experiment with material recovered from past UAPs.

There was a whole NYTs article on this back in Dec 2018.

Its a good bet, if they lied in the past about it, when it was going on in secret...same thing is probably going on today.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:40 PM

Just watched the 3rd episode that I had recorded from last night. It's the one about the Lubbock Lights. I think probalby now the Captain and Hynek are full believers after the incident out in the field.

I noticed one thing: when Mrs. Hynek and the Russian spy blonde were assembling the bomb shelter, and the suspect guy showed up and was watching them, there was what appeared to be a 1955 Cadillac sitting in the driveway. The Lubbock Lights happened in 1951 ....

Old 01-23-2019, 04:14 PM

13,992 posts, read 11,112,473 times
Quote:
Just watched the 3rd episode that I had recorded from last night. It's the one about the Lubbock Lights. I think probalby now the Captain and Hynek are full believers after the incident out in the field.

I noticed one thing: when Mrs. Hynek and the Russian spy blonde were assembling the bomb shelter, and the suspect guy showed up and was watching them, there was what appeared to be a 1955 Cadillac sitting in the driveway. The Lubbock Lights happened in 1951 ....
I bet it looked like it came right from the car show! All those lights were the reflection off the hood!

Old 01-23-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
J

Oops.

I do love the old cars in the show -- bought a 1947 Olds Cutlass as my first car from a neighbor lady's estate when I worked for the army out of high school (1965). It had 35,000 miles on it and I wish I still had it.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I bet it looked like it came right from the car show! All those lights were the reflection off the hood!
Yeah, that took some doin' to get all those old cars for the show. Beauties they are. And I'll bet the owner wouldn't let the Captain smoke in them either ... it must've been done in a studio just like the Apollo missions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or