U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 PM

2,770 posts, read 1,926,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
It does make you wonder, with all the "hits" he keeps getting, but then the ground or the moss/rocks don't really seem that disturbed prior to digging, unless it's some sleight of hand?

Having a cousin in reality TV (not this show) who does directing and producing and having read about how fake/staged American Pickers is, it does seem they (Gary/film crew) are amazingly "lucky".

Of course they only show when things are discovered, but if they are truly finding these things, they must have hundreds or thousands of hours of footage of absolutely nothing, if you know what I mean! Must stink for the grunt/PA logging all that footage.
HA, me too! Hes like my 3rd or 4th cousin, but we are related. I see him once, maybe twice a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 09:17 PM

4,558 posts, read 2,960,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
HA, me too! Hes like my 3rd or 4th cousin, but we are related. I see him once, maybe twice a year.
It's my 1st cousin, our fathers our brothers, he's freelance and has been in the "business" for 20 years now, jumping from gig to gig.

When I used to live in Arizona, I would see him maybe once a year when he came to visit his sister and parents, he lives in LA. Most of the shows he does now are based in LA, so he doesn't have to travel that much, he's married with a young kid. He met his wife in reality TV, here's a link to all the stuff he's worked on: https://staffmeup.com/profile/id/14875

Old Today, 01:46 PM

630 posts, read 542,473 times
So Captain Kidd devised a foolproof method to
protect his treasure that people in 2019 cannot
recover? We may not be as advanced as we think we
are. Either that or the treasure has been recovered
and a lid has been put on that info so that tourist can
keep going to the island and the tv show can keep up
the charade so people will keep watching.

Old Today, 02:08 PM

14,014 posts, read 11,126,499 times
Because of my work schedule I have not seen the last few episodes. I presume I have not missed anything other than a few "holy shmoly bobby dazzlers"! I am getting a feeling they would have more luck excavating a local landfill.

Old Today, 06:49 PM

17,735 posts, read 22,795,529 times
its a treasure hunt nothing is guaranteed they have found some intriguing items..

its not for everyone but I like mysteries..

if they indeed did create flood tunnels to hide or protect the treasure that's a lot of effort..

they found parchment paper at over 160 ft down along with bones

they found a cross that could be 600 yrs old..
a couple brooch's one had gold on it....

they found a concrete wall in smith's cove ..on last weeks episode .. 6 ft beneath the mud...

lots of people have lost their fortunes looking on oak island and lots have died..
hopefully they will know once and for all if anything is actually there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or