U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 08:06 PM

2,091 posts, read 1,314,644 times

Advertisements

With the money and equipment they have access to, anything past the 5th episode was "milking it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 05:17 AM

17,796 posts, read 22,847,213 times
I like the show its a modern day treasure hunt....but like any show if you don't like it..dont watch it.
I like mysteries..... that island seems to have quite the history and lore..
we are fortunate they are sharing their efforts...
if no treasure is found.....its not a complete loss.....at least they tried....there are no guarantees... the cross they found this year appears to be over 500 yrs old and possibly templar.... they are finding parchment and bones below 100 feet...

the world is filled with mysteries from the past...this is one of them..

if I just watched tv for "facts" then I wouldn't be watching any science fiction such as star wars...star trek ..any superhero movies.. or most "news" for that matter

tv has been and continues to be an escape from our lives and this show fits that for me..

like any treasure hunt....chance may not be in their favor....but it is very intriguing

Old 02-24-2019, 03:44 PM

5,311 posts, read 4,508,976 times
I just wish they wouldn't keep repeating everything that happened last year, last month, last week, over and over again at the beginning of the show, and after they come back from a commercial, and every time some new thing is brought up they have to go back and tell you everything that led up to it. Just show new footage. Please, just the new footage. Like someone said, it seems like they show about 5 minutes of new footage each episode.

Old Today, 10:40 AM

4,787 posts, read 2,741,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Re: Ark of the Covenant-- it's documented for all to see on the Arch of Titus in the Roman forum that those golden menorahs & the Ark were carried off to Rome, and no doubt melted down to be added to the Emperor's treasury.
https://www.ancient.eu/article/499/t...of-titus-rome/

Re: the Chalice-- The Holy Grail, of course, never existed. JC & His Posse were poor beatniks. Where were they gunna get some fancy-schmancy goblet? They just passed the bottle of Ripple back & forth like hippies have been doing for eons.

At Oak Island, these showmen did find evidence that sailing ship(s) from the 17th century did visit this crummy little rock in the ocean. Pirates may well have left their treasures buried there in one or more places. Who else was going to stop anywhere in Nova Scotia unless they wanted to get away? If you had a ship & no obligations, would ever go anywhere but stay in the Caribbean unless you had a good reason?
Has there ever been evidence of pirates burying treasure?

Also the Nova Scotia area had one thing that was worth more than the supposed treasure buried in the money pit: Fish. The first European non Viking settlements were part time for fishing and then the first yearly settlements were fishing camps.

Old Today, 10:42 AM

4,787 posts, read 2,741,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I like the show its a modern day treasure hunt....but like any show if you don't like it..dont watch it.
I like mysteries..... that island seems to have quite the history and lore..
we are fortunate they are sharing their efforts...
if no treasure is found.....its not a complete loss.....at least they tried....there are no guarantees... the cross they found this year appears to be over 500 yrs old and possibly templar.... they are finding parchment and bones below 100 feet...

the world is filled with mysteries from the past...this is one of them..

if I just watched tv for "facts" then I wouldn't be watching any science fiction such as star wars...star trek ..any superhero movies.. or most "news" for that matter

tv has been and continues to be an escape from our lives and this show fits that for me..

like any treasure hunt....chance may not be in their favor....but it is very intriguing
The problem is that I like mysteries too and like to see productive information regarding the mysteries. I do not like when there is created fiction and drama. This show is VERY light on facts and to me a waste of time. I do not watch it.

Old Today, 07:11 PM

2,798 posts, read 1,942,960 times
Even bigger mystery, WHAT THE HECK IS IN THAT PICTURE? The one when Marty and Craig are on, I assume Skpe, and on the big screen TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or