Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is belief in aliens Un-Scriptural?
Yes 6 40.00%
No 7 46.67%
Undecided 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:06 PM

224 posts, read 414,461 times

Advertisements

Associated Press
May 13 12:48 PM US/Eastern

Vatican: It's OK to believe in aliens

VATICAN CITY (AP) - The Vatican's chief astronomer says that believing in aliens does not contradict faith in God.

The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, says that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones.

In an interview published Tuesday by Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Funes says that such a notion "doesn't contradict our faith" because aliens would still be God's creatures.

The interview was headlined "The extraterrestrial is my brother." Funes said that ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 04:09 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Priceless.

It wasn't that long ago that they reversed their pronouncement that the man who declared the world was round rather then flat was going to hell based on his pronoucement of something so crazy as the earth being round.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:24 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Some Christians who may not be Catholics may believe in aliens or don't discount that they might possibly exist.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ns-aliens.html

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-14-2008 at 05:13 PM..

Old 05-14-2008, 05:04 PM

756 posts, read 2,574,298 times
I think alien sightings, are just demons physically manifesting themselves....

We get used to what an 'alien' is to look like. so when the demons want to run around the earth after the rapture ( when the 'salt' has left the earth) no one will be scared of them....

I also think as soon as the rapture happens......it will be chalked up to "alien abduction"
....."Jesus was an alien".... nonsense...

my opinion..
'

Old 05-14-2008, 05:19 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Hmm.

Seems the baptists might also be on board

Aliens Among Us, Christian article on UFOs in Charisma magazine

Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 PM

756 posts, read 2,574,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Hmm.

Seems the baptists might also be on board

Aliens Among Us, Christian article on UFOs in Charisma magazine
uuuuhhhh.....I aint no baptist..........

but thanx for the assumption..........

no offense though

Old 05-14-2008, 09:12 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
It wasn't that long ago that they reversed their pronouncement that the man who declared the world was round rather then flat was going to hell based on his pronoucement of something so crazy as the earth being round.
What are you talking about?

Old 05-14-2008, 11:00 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Priceless.

I'm sooo tired of refuting flat-earth nonsense. People need to investigate history better. Sheesh.

Oh, as far as aliens... resounding no. That's my take on God's word. If you believe the bible is infallible and inerrant (in the original manuscripts) and the ultimate authority, as I do, it doesn't matter what denom you are, aliens are unscriptural.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:19 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
You can refute it all you want but it is, what it is. I believe though that the church disagreed with Galileo on the topic of the sun being the center of the earth.

The church is WAY behind the times. Don't worry, the Catholic church isn't the only one.

Honestly, how can you say much now they are talking about aliens from outer space !

Geocentrism and Creation

I was watching the news when Pope John Paul II "forgave" Galileo, I had a good laugh out of that and wandered if anyone was going to dig the poor old boy up and let him know it was all good now.

Center of the Universe

There are so many websites about this particular story, its hard to pick just one.

the science of spirituality (part 3) (http://www.approachingchange.com/content.php?page_ID=190 - broken link)

"Galileo was called a heretic..."

Galileo: The Destroyer of the Catholic Church's Infallibility? - Magisterium (Teaching Authority) - Questions about Catholicism - CHNI Forums (http://www.chnetwork.org/forums/forum18/2517.html - broken link)

Geocentrism and Creation (http://www.refcm.org/RICDiscussions/Science-Scripture/X%20Geocentricity/geocentrism_and_creation.htm - broken link)

Old 05-15-2008, 06:39 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
I think there are alot of things we just dont know or cant explain. Maybe aliens are not from another galaxy, but something supernatural from this one. Idk..demons perhaps. Whichever I think the occult and aliens and metaphysical blah blah blah all go hand in hand and is certainly something I want no part of.

Great UFO Deception Quotes - Even Whitley realizes that aliens are demons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal