Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 10:14 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times

Advertisements

It has been said that Humans only use 10% of their brains. Do we all posess Psychic abilities? Look at this YouTube documentary about Edgar Cayce and you be the judge.

part1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHo53D_7LPI

part2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hr33...eature=related

part3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXh8v...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,278,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
It has been said that Humans only use 10% of their brains. Do we all posess Psychic abilities? Look at this YouTube documentary about Edgar Cayce and you be the judge.

part1

YouTube - Edgar Cayce Part 1

part2

YouTube - Edgar Cayce Part 2

part3

YouTube - Edgar Cayce Part 3
I don't know about psychic abilities, but we can put the "humans only %10 of their brains" myth to rest. MRI scans show that people use the entire brains even though some parts of the brain do appear to be specialized for certain activities.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:07 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
I knew you would post this..

Old 04-08-2008, 02:11 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,257,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
I don't know about psychic abilities, but we can put the "humans only %10 of their brains" myth to rest. MRI scans show that people use the entire brains even though some parts of the brain do appear to be specialized for certain activities.
You stole my input

Old 04-08-2008, 03:48 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I guess Edgar Cayce's brain was having a low percentage day when he predicted that Atlantis was going to be discovered in either 1968 or 1969.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Psychic ability.....NO. Mind control as I call it.....YES. For years now, I have been able to slow down my pulse to a very low level simply using my mind and relaxing my body near limp. Also if COLD, I can make a WARM ripple feeling go thru my body similiar to a heat wave from head to toe. Also if HOT, I can make a COOL feeling ripple down thru my body. It is weird I know, as I tried to do these things years ago and slowly progressed to get better and better each time. Mentioned this at the Hospital and a technician heard about the possibility of doing what I do but never met anyone until I mentioned what I did. Could be others out there like myself. Stefhen

Old 04-12-2008, 03:54 PM

84 posts, read 272,845 times
the bundle of desires that is the mind...
Psychic powers, siddhis, are just manifestations IMO...why stop there or get hooked on this alone?

All traditions have this phenomena via their saints/seers

Old 04-12-2008, 05:26 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Psychic ability.....NO. Mind control as I call it.....YES. For years now, I have been able to slow down my pulse to a very low level simply using my mind and relaxing my body near limp. Also if COLD, I can make a WARM ripple feeling go thru my body similiar to a heat wave from head to toe. Also if HOT, I can make a COOL feeling ripple down thru my body. It is weird I know, as I tried to do these things years ago and slowly progressed to get better and better each time. Mentioned this at the Hospital and a technician heard about the possibility of doing what I do but never met anyone until I mentioned what I did. Could be others out there like myself. Stefhen
I too can slow down or speed up my pulse when i concentrate. Its about as super natural to me as having the ability to not scream like a little girl whenever a wasp land on my arm

Old 04-13-2008, 01:00 AM

655 posts, read 916,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

This is called a form of meditation. Slowing on'e heart rate using the mind has been accomplished for thousands of years. Advanced Yoga masters can lower their heart rate to 25 bpm using their minds.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:47 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
I don't know about psychic abilities but I certainly believe that our brain is capable of far more than we give it credit for. It is such a grossly underused organ and it seems quite obvious and natural that our capacity is far more reaching than we so far acknowledge or are willing to accept.

One only has to look at psychological pathologies to see what the brain is capable of. It can make women exhibit symptoms of pregnancy when there is none, it can make us see and believe things which are not there so maybe the recesses of our brain can also have far more reaching abilities than we think.

People think of Space as the final frontier and to my mind we have wasted billions of dollars when the ultimate frontier has to be the human psyche and the brain IMO.

If we could truly harness the so far unexploited and misunderstood recesses of our brain we might find out some truly amazing facts.

It is to me utterly fascinating how differently we use our brain and how differently we approach life as a consequence of this.

Understanding our psyche might come a long way in explaining religion too IMO. I believe somewhere at the core of human consciousness is a primal need for many to create God and I believe the answer lies somewhere in the darkest recesses of the human mind.

What people call the soul and consciousness is to me most likely a very physical part of our anatomy, but one we have yet to explore and understand.

When ( If should I say as I don't think we will ever truly get to the bottom of it) we manage to understand this, we will be a lot closer to explaining what truly makes us human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal