U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 12:09 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,044,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Calm Calm I want to believe you i really do. You are confused. I don't think a BF did these mutilations at all. I don't know what did them.

A BF might hole up just about anywhere it feels safe.
They are probably done to promote a certain deception.

The fact that it doesnt make any sense, or why certain parts are taken or left, suggests they are hoping people buy the alien theory....Now, what purpose would there be in making something appear to have been done by aliens?! hmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 09:21 PM

3,236 posts, read 1,184,143 times
I cannot find any figures by year. How many incidents by year, compared to previous years? I can find only one amateur video on youtube of people who uploaded their own animal mutilated. But every rancher has a phone with video capability. Where are the reports?

During the UFO era, the number of people walking around with videocams has gone from 1:10,000 to 9,000:10,000, but no increase in the number of UFO videos. How do we explain that?

Here's a new angle I never thought of -- insurance fraud. Insurance does not cover an animal that dies of disease, but will cover it if is killed by such events as vandalism. So a rancher gets compensated it he makes his down animal look like a cult sacrifice or aliens -- doesn't matter which..

Last edited by cebuan; 02-15-2019 at 09:34 PM..

Old Yesterday, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I cannot find any figures by year. How many incidents by year, compared to previous years? I can find only one amateur video on youtube of people who uploaded their own animal mutilated. But every rancher has a phone with video capability. Where are the reports?

During the UFO era, the number of people walking around with videocams has gone from 1:10,000 to 9,000:10,000, but no increase in the number of UFO videos. How do we explain that?

Here's a new angle I never thought of -- insurance fraud. Insurance does not cover an animal that dies of disease, but will cover it if is killed by such events as vandalism. So a rancher gets compensated it he makes his down animal look like a cult sacrifice or aliens -- doesn't matter which..
Thats easy...if you read thru many of the UFo sighting reports on MUFON or NUFORC, you will see most sightings happen very quickly and they are gone in the blink of an eye, its only a time frame of a few milliseconds, its just not enough time to get phone out of pocket, get the video up and recording, just doing that, takes about half a minute or so. UFOs do not stick around long!

Even with some of the sightings where the craft has stuck around longer, oddly after the event, the person wonders why they didnt think to go for their phone and start recording or take a picture, Ive heard a few people say its almost like their decision making skills are temporarily 'paralyzed'.

Old Yesterday, 03:13 AM

3,236 posts, read 1,184,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats easy...if you read thru many of the UFo sighting reports on MUFON or NUFORC, you will see most sightings happen very quickly and they are gone in the blink of an eye, its only a time frame of a few milliseconds, its just not enough time to get phone out of pocket, get the video up and recording, just doing that, takes about half a minute or so. UFOs do not stick around long!

Even with some of the sightings where the craft has stuck around longer, oddly after the event, the person wonders why they didnt think to go for their phone and start recording or take a picture, Ive heard a few people say its almost like their decision making skills are temporarily 'paralyzed'.
In the 50s and 60s, video cameras were very rare luxury devices, nobody carried one around, and if they saw a UFO they had to go in he house, find the camera in a closet, load film in it, and manually adjust the exposure and focus. And we still have dozens of films. And we still don't have a video any better than any of those, with a hundred million Americans holding a cam at this moment, ready to record a fat passenger being offended on an airplane.

Old Yesterday, 05:05 AM

2,791 posts, read 3,088,152 times
At the Skinwalker Ranch there were a group of scientists PAID to investigate the phenomena and they were there for months and months yet they could not come up with anything much worth showing in the recent 2018 movie. That was an area where a lot of strange happenings were going on and have been reported by the indians living in that area for decades yet nothing much was recorded.

So, it looks as if this is a trend for this kind of phenomena.

Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,256,522 times
Quote:
In the 50s and 60s, video cameras were very rare luxury devices, nobody carried one around, and if they saw a UFO they had to go in he house, find the camera in a closet, load film in it, and manually adjust the exposure and focus. And we still have dozens of films. And we still don't have a video any better than any of those, with a hundred million Americans holding a cam at this moment, ready to record a fat passenger being offended on an airplane.
Kinda makes you think they could be fakes, huh?

Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM

14,010 posts, read 11,126,499 times
Quote:
It actually works out to around 250,000,000 of US adults that now own smartphones: Demographics of Mobile Device Ownership and Adoption in the United States. And that is only counting over 18 years old; sometimes I see kids just a few years old with smartphones in their hands. Many of these smartphones have zoom and image stabilization features; so it is possible that many pictures are no longer blobs or smudges. This is also relatively new - within the last 10, 20, 30 years that this dependence on smartphones skyrocketed.

That is not even mentioning the growing number of drones and game cameras or all the security and DOT cameras.

Our world has become so much smaller. Of course we still have many unexplored parts of our ocean's depths. But it would not surprise me if someday we would not have miniature cameras that could withstand the pressures and cold and reveal everything hidden.

Old Today, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It actually works out to around 250,000,000 of US adults that now own smartphones: Demographics of Mobile Device Ownership and Adoption in the United States. And that is only counting over 18 years old; sometimes I see kids just a few years old with smartphones in their hands. Many of these smartphones have zoom and image stabilization features; so it is possible that many pictures are no longer blobs or smudges. This is also relatively new - within the last 10, 20, 30 years that this dependence on smartphones skyrocketed.

That is not even mentioning the growing number of drones and game cameras or all the security and DOT cameras.

Our world has become so much smaller. Of course we still have many unexplored parts of our ocean's depths. But it would not surprise me if someday we would not have miniature cameras that could withstand the pressures and cold and reveal everything hidden.
So, where are all the high quality fakes, that are good enough to fool the experts? Considering the level of technology available, we should be seeing LOTS of these...?

Another way to look at this, what if someone did manage to capture a real one on video or still picture, would they be recognized as 'real' or would they still be called fakes?

Old Today, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I read something not long ago, that was talking about the old UFO reports, like from the 50s and 60s, and even those from 100s of years ago. Many of these were incredible, they involved close up sightings of landed craft, occupants, even interaction with occupants, in one case, an occupant gave a witness something that looked like a pancake, and then boarded his craft and it took off, (the pancake was tested and it was just a normal pancake, nothing strange about it).

And then we go to modern sightings, where UFOs pop up and then shoot off or vanish into thin air, gone are the sightings of occupants, interactions, landings, etc. This is all part of the clever deception, and its 'time line' so to speak.

I didnt bookmark the piece but I will try to look for it and post a link here, it did a great job comparing the different time periods and how UFO sightings changed, and what that means, it is very similar to how organized religions spread and grow believers.

Old Today, 01:42 PM

14,010 posts, read 11,126,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So, where are all the high quality fakes, that are good enough to fool the experts? Considering the level of technology available, we should be seeing LOTS of these...?

Another way to look at this, what if someone did manage to capture a real one on video or still picture, would they be recognized as 'real' or would they still be called fakes?
The more detail in a picture; the easier it is to analyze. Of course pictures are only one small piece of the puzzle. Like the recent Utah video; people can go there and then investigate. Some investigations can render conclusive findings from the evidence collected and others may not. But it is a starting point and, if there are as many sightings of UFO's and BF as we are lead to believe; then there should be many high quality pictures circulated on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or