U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 05:21 PM

1,237 posts, read 894,607 times

Advertisements

Here's a couple of more links. There was a rash of mutilations in this area in the 1990's. We'll see what happens.

Brutal Cattle Mutilation Reported: UFOs or Satanists To Blame ? ·

Cattle mutilation Archives ·
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 12:17 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
21,394 posts, read 38,414,620 times
More from my era of traversing these highways each night from 10PM - 5 AM
Mutilation mayhem begins - Fort Morgan Times

(All by my lonesome... just a very old delivery truck (3m miles) and myself...). WY on Sat / Sun and Eastern CO M-F
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...lion-miles.jpg

It was a hot day in the middle of July 1975. One of the cows looked like its eyes, an ear, nose and tongue had been surgically removed. The other two were missing their sexual organs and udders.

Starting in summer 1975, Dane Edwards was the publisher/editor of the Brush Banner newspaper. (Brush Banner photo)

The ranchers who owned the cattle were shocked by the savagery of the scene. They were puzzled by the lack of blood on the ground and noticed that other animals and birds kept their distance from the carcasses. They checked the ground carefully for tracks, because it had rained the night before, but found none.
Because the prevailing theory held by law enforcement officials at this time was that the cattle mutilations were the work of satanic cults. They believed that the organs and blood were being removed to be used in devil worshiping rituals. And they believed that these mutilators were looking to use humans in the future. This theory was based on a report written by a federal investigator. That report had been copied and widely disseminated across the state.

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 01-29-2019 at 12:26 AM..

Old 01-29-2019, 02:24 AM

4,403 posts, read 1,989,317 times
It’s a bird.

I swear this; it’s a bird. I saw him/it in 2006 & was literally in denial for an entire year. I wouldn’t have related him to the mutilations, except that when I finally sat down in front of the computer to research; the “sightings” websites were full of cattle mutilation stories & reports. I was annoyed, as I wasn’t interested in a bunch of dead cows.

Trying a different approach, I asked myself; “If he was real; he has to live the same way everything does. He has to eat, sleep & eliminate. Can I scientifically support something that big; doing those three things?”

A webpage just happened to be open to a report of a mutilation with pictures. I thought; “Eating? No way.”

I wrote down the 20+ consistent findings at mutilation sites & started researching birds. I was able to explain every single finding by bird predation. Every single one.

-The “tripod” like punctures found in the earth.

-The lack of blood: There are species of birds that have evolved with an apparatus in their beaks (vampire finches) that allows them to drink the blood of their prey. The closest sightings of the bird I saw were in the 1970’s in Texas, where a man described the beak as very long & curved.

-The coring of the face & genitals: very common for bird predation.

-The orbs of light seen in the sky during the night of mutilation: Tapedum Lucidum or eyeshine. An inter-evolutionary process that suggests this bird used to hunt by day but is transitioning to nocturnal.

-The gobs of goo on the ground that burn the skin if makes contact: Common In vultures; extremely acidic digestive fluids, could simply be bird poop.

On & on; it added up. What I saw could pick up a heifer but might struggle with a Bull. And his wings actually did make the sound of thunder. The paranormal parallel that the mutilations occur along might simply be explained as a “migratory path”.

The most frequent sightings occurred in a Texas during the 1970’s & were spotted as a “pair”. There is also a report from Illinois in the 1970’s of a child being picked up. The child struggled & was dropped. A woman in Pueblo, CO saw it the same year I did & it was seen twice in one day in 2002 in Alaska. One of those was a pilot who reported it by radio as it was gliding alongside of him; “almost as big as a Cessna”.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:01 AM

13,942 posts, read 11,075,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It’s a bird.

I swear this; it’s a bird. I saw him/it in 2006 & was literally in denial for an entire year. I wouldn’t have related him to the mutilations, except that when I finally sat down in front of the computer to research; the “sightings” websites were full of cattle mutilation stories & reports. I was annoyed, as I wasn’t interested in a bunch of dead cows.

Trying a different approach, I asked myself; “If he was real; he has to live the same way everything does. He has to eat, sleep & eliminate. Can I scientifically support something that big; doing those three things?”

A webpage just happened to be open to a report of a mutilation with pictures. I thought; “Eating? No way.”

I wrote down the 20+ consistent findings at mutilation sites & started researching birds. I was able to explain every single finding by bird predation. Every single one.

-The lack of blood: There are species of birds that have evolved with an apparatus in their beaks (vampire finches) that allows them to drink the blood of their prey. The closest sightings of the bird I saw were in the 1970’s in Texas, where a man described the beak as very long & curved.

-The orbs of light seen in the sky during the night of mutilation: Tapedum Lucidum or eyeshine. An inter-evolutionary process that suggests this bird used to hunt by day but is transitioning to nocturnal.

-The gobs of goo on the ground that burn the skin if makes contact: Common In vultures; extremely acidic digestive fluids, could simply be bird poop.

On & on; it added up. What I saw could pick up a heifer but might struggle with a Bull. And his wings actually did make the sound of thunder. The paranormal parallel that the mutilations occur along might simply be explained as a “migratory path”.

The most frequent sightings occurred in a Texas during the 1970’s & were spotted as a “pair”. There is also a report from Illinois in the 1970’s of a child being picked up. The child struggled & was dropped. A woman in Pueblo, CO saw it the same year I did & it was seen twice in one day in 2002 in Alaska. One of those was a pilot who reported it by radio as it was gliding alongside of him; “almost as big as a Cessna”.
Black vultures: https://www.feedstuffs.com/story-pro...stry-45-149618

Old 01-29-2019, 07:37 AM

10,193 posts, read 10,095,559 times
I think it quite interesting that i know several rancher farmers with herds worth near a million with kids in the family are Veterinarians and no consideration is given for the knowledge of a rancher/farmer and some talk as if they are just ignorant.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:55 PM

3,214 posts, read 2,339,147 times
Quote:
It’s a bird.

This is a super, terrific, wonderful post.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
This is a super, terrific, wonderful post.
Thank you! Every so often there is a colletive groan here on unexplained; when I bring up the bird but if not here then where?

The majority of investigators for these events are dead-set on proving them to be of alien origin, which would be cool but honestly; this is cooler. I think he’s been here this whole time.

In retrospect, the percussive “boom” that hit my eardrums & the wall of air that knocked me backwards, has allowed me to understand why the Native American stories tell of the bird whose wings brought the thunder.

I don’t think it’s mythology. I believe it’s their history.

I’ve reported this to several groups who investigate the mutilations but have only received one response from a Cryptozoologist in the UK who believes it was, actually; a Thunderbird. I guess the others are just committed to the alien explanation.

For a while, there was speculation about well-funded satanic cults in helicopters ... which begs the question: Why not just buy a couple of cows?

Obviously, finding cows in power lines, or on the ground with bones shattered, combined with burning goo & tripod punctures in the ground seem to scream; “aliens” but it also plainly says: “Bird.” It also makes me wonder about those “Missing 411” cases where remains are found on the side of a cliff; or other highly improbable spots for a lone, missing hiker to have been able to get themselves to.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It’s interesting that they are actually behaving like “birds of prey”. Despite being classified as a Raptor; they were not thought to actually hunt. Despite being powerful in all other aspects; Raptors are not known for wing power. They usually float, or ride the thermal air currents. The Natives called Vultures the “Bird of Peace”; specifically because it did not kill! I thought that was a funny contrast to how we attach a lot of superstition to Vultures; as some harbinger of death.

Thats the one difference that what I saw has with a Raptor. In one huge flap, it cupped the air & launched itself high enough to clear the tree in the front yard. That was the only time it flapped at all. It flapped with a boom that one time & then it glided silently over the houses across the street, until it made that bone-chilling shriek.

That sounded like a hawk screaming, combined with the croak of a bullfrog. I can’t even explain it right.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:30 AM

2,785 posts, read 3,078,726 times
Quote:
The coring of the face & genitals: very common for bird predation
Having owned a few birds of prey myself, I would say that it is not a characteristic for them to do that. Yes, they will go into the body of prey at the easiest point which is usually the eye sockets but to core out the rectum in a clean way is not what they do. They tend to tear their way in as do other animals. What you describe does not suggest a large bird due to the precision cutting involved with mutilation events.

I am not saying you did not see what you reported, just that I think you are incorrect to suspect a bird - however large - can be the culprit for the mutilation cases.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:12 AM

13,942 posts, read 11,075,530 times
Quote:
It’s interesting that they are actually behaving like “birds of prey”. Despite being classified as a Raptor; they were not thought to actually hunt. Despite being powerful in all other aspects; Raptors are not known for wing power. They usually float, or ride the thermal air currents. The Natives called Vultures the “Bird of Peace”; specifically because it did not kill! I thought that was a funny contrast to how we attach a lot of superstition to Vultures; as some harbinger of death.

Thats the one difference that what I saw has with a Raptor. In one huge flap, it cupped the air & launched itself high enough to clear the tree in the front yard. That was the only time it flapped at all. It flapped with a boom that one time & then it glided silently over the houses across the street, until it made that bone-chilling shriek.

That sounded like a hawk screaming, combined with the croak of a bullfrog. I can’t even explain it right.
There are somewhere around 22 different species of Vultures: https://www.thespruce.com/types-of-v...es-list-385431. I think seven different ones in the US. Most are "Birds of Peace" but the Black Vulture show aggression. There are many links to the damage done to cattle; especially calves - even while they are being born. However there are some links that talk about the Vultures killing cows giving birth or if sick: https://www.lancasterfarming.com/new...2c68d2ec5.html.

In the meantime many farmers want to be able to protect their livestock from the Black Vultures. They currently have to buy the $100 permit; which they can only do after they prove the damage done from these hungry birds. While looking for more information I saw that they have also blamed the Black Vultures for ripping the rubber and windshield wipers off some cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoSY6z5ziio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or