U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 05:35 PM

10,196 posts, read 10,104,229 times

Advertisements

When you butcher; you cut the throat and let it bleed out. Very distinct the difference in a bled out animal meat and one not bled out. No pathologist etc. Just common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 05:41 PM

13,971 posts, read 11,097,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When you butcher; you cut the throat and let it bleed out. Very distinct the difference in a bled out animal meat and one not bled out. No pathologist etc. Just common sense.
There are many factors especially the length of time until the carcass was discovered. Not every single mutilation was discovered immediately after it happened. The more time elapsed and the more difficult it is, for anybody, to determine time of death and cause of death.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:39 AM

4,416 posts, read 1,999,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Some ranchers do not know exactly where their cattle are until time to round them up. Of course they try to keep an eye on them; but you are talking about large tracks of land in many cases. There are many variables and it is sometimes hard to determine which 'mutilation' occurred at night and which occurred during the day.
I agree that's totally reasonable & actually, the reports do state times of death of anywhere from a few hours to a week & a half.

Quote:
Even the term "mutilation" tends to suggest alien or human involvement. Some or many of the mutilations could simply be predations. You need pathologists, coroners, and medical examiners to make that distinction.
Oh, there have been examiners involved; the New Mexico State Police, several Forensic Veterinarians, the Colorado Bureau of Investigations & the FBI. They examined the cows:
Quote:
Cut all of the rectum, udder, two holes on the jugular vein on right side, hole in between front legs, a little b(can't read) which looked like they might want to get to the heart.

Two holes on back in front of hip bones the same size as the ones in the neck, one to each side of spine right across, looked like they were made from the air while the cow was standing up.
https://archive.org/details/Fbi-Catt...nfoia/page/n57 (page 58)

They examined the scene:

(page 64)
Quote:
Investigations continued around the area and revealed that a suspected aircraft of some type had landed twice, leaving three pod marks positioned in a tripod shape. The diameter of each pod (can't read) was (can't read). The perimeter around the three pods was (can't read).

Extending from the two (can't read) were smaller triangular shaped tripods 25" apart and 4' in diameter. Investigations at the scene showed that these small tripods had followed the cow for approximately 600". Tracks of the cow showed where she had struggled and fallen. The small tripod tracks were all around the cow.

Other evidence showed that grass around the tripods, as they followed the cow had been scorched. Also a yellow, oily substance was located in two places under the small tripods. This substance was submitted to the State Police Lab. The lab was unable to detect the content of the substance"
(page 69)
Quote:
Let front & left rear legs were pulled out of their sockets apparently from the weight of the cow, which indicates it was lifted up and dropped back to the ground.
Talons? It doesn't seem that anybody connected the holes in the animals, with the holes in the ground. Or that Vultures continually urinate & regurgitate body fluids with a pH of 1.0; the same as battery acid, which could probably scorch grass. They ran pathology tests:

(page 76)
Quote:
(4.) Bacteriology: A specimen obtained from a heart chamber was cultured and shown to contain a rod-shaped organism identified as Clostridium species.
And it hasn't been mentioned that Vultures carry Clostridium perfringens in their stomach.

So far; it sounds like a bird ... with talons/feet large enough to leave 25-inch tracks, enough body fluids at the pH of a Vulture, to scorch the grass, with "bird" bacteria, that hunts from above ... like a bird but is large enough to pull legs out of sockets when it picks a cow up.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:18 AM

13,971 posts, read 11,097,645 times
Some bird tracks can be very confusing. Take a large turkey taking off in the snow. The birds wings will touch deep snow and leave an unusual pattern for those that are not familiar with the big birds.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:27 AM

Well Con; you sat some straight. No one around here has ever spoke of a giant bird. I can't agree with you though. Any photos?

Old 02-03-2019, 12:41 PM

4,416 posts, read 1,999,283 times
Quote:
Some bird tracks can be very confusing. Take a large turkey taking off in the snow. The bird's wings will touch deep snow and leave an unusual pattern for those that are not familiar with the big birds.
Page 19 of above linked to document:
Quote:
... then there were strange indentations in the ice on the farmer's pond, obviously gouged by UFO landing gear- and peculiar circles in the snow which appeared in aerial photos.
You do realize we are advocating for almost the exact same thing? You; say Vulture. Which would explain what I saw (as long as I was overestimating its size ... by at least 10-20 times) & would also explain some but actually less than half of these 14 most consistent findings at CM scenes (highlighted blue):

1. No tracks
2. Incised vs ripped skin
3. Lack of blood
4. Heavily vascularized organs/membranes removed
5. Puncture wounds in hides
6. Dropped from height (fractured vertebrae, pelvis & extremities, legs out of sockets, improbable locations, etc ...)
7. Evidence of tranquilizer substances
8. Evidence of anticoagulant substances
9. Tripod-like indentations in ground measuring 2-3 feet around
10. Mushy organs
11. Oily liquids that burn the skin
12. Scorched patches of grass
13. Orbs of light/glowing seen in the sky around approx time of death
14. Helicopters seen in area

I say; a hematophagous, Vulture-like avian with a 20 ft wingspan. Which satisfies all of the findings the Vulture theory does plus every single one of the others:

3. Lack of blood: By definition; Hematophagy.
5. Puncture wounds in hides, 6. Dropped from height & 9. Tripod-like indentations in ground measuring 2-3 feet around: Talons that are large & strong enough to grip a cow then drop it, the tripods are bird tracks. Very large bird tracks.
7. Evidence of tranquilizing substances, 8. Evidence of anticoagulant substances; again; Hematophagy. Hematophagous animals have evolved hembiochemical solutions in their saliva that contain anesthetics and anticoagulants.
13. Orbs of light/glowing seen in the sky around approx time of death; Tapedum Lucidum. Big Eyes = big orbs.
14. Helicopters seen in area; doesn't surprise me one bit. This thing is as big as a small plane & probably has appeared on tracking. I've stated elsewhere that here in Colorado Springs; I've seen military helicopters pursuing natural fireballs. The military is under no obligation to report to us that; "Okay, so we were investigating this large thing in the sky the night your cow was mutilated but once we reached the location; there were no aircraft to be found. So yeah, we flew around & looked for a while & then we just went home".

Sure, the military knows more than what they are saying but they can't say much because they haven't found anything definitive.

I should clarify why I gave you #'s 10, 11 & 12: That Vultures urinate & defecate on their legs to kill toxins & bacteria found on carrion. Body fluids as acidic as battery acid, just 20 times the volume? Yeah, that's going to leave a mark.

See? We are close in theory. I'm agreeable that is "Vulture-like". Science agrees with me on the matters of hematophagy & eyeshine. The only reason you can't agree with me is that you don't believe that I saw something as big as what I saw.

I saw a Vulture as big as a Pteranodon, with the wing/flight capacity of a Pteranodon (which, by the way; was similar to the flight of a Vampire Bat), with the digestion of a Vulture & the diet of a Vulture, a Vampire Bat & a Raptor. Poor cows.

You don't have to believe me; it won't affect the course of my day or my mood; I'm fine with that. I'm just glad that you are utilizing some critical thinking, instead of not believing me because; "Aliens would be cooler"!

Old 02-03-2019, 03:57 PM

I remember reading about the airplane in Alasaka and the huge bird sighting. The airplane was a MAULE M-7 .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maule_M-7 The people said it was a big as their airplane.

Old 02-03-2019, 04:54 PM

1,243 posts, read 898,543 times
There have been several sightings of large "birds" ranging from S. Texas up to the Great Lakes. This area could have been an ancient migration route for these pterodactyls, thunderbirds, or whatever they might be, and they occasionally pop in and out of a time warp. Far-fetched to be sure, but who knows?

Old 02-05-2019, 04:28 PM

5,258 posts, read 4,469,796 times
I'm still thinking of something more like a secret government experiment. The tripod marks could have been from ...a tripod. A big tripod used to lift the cattle by their legs, maybe to weigh them?? The legs were pulled out of socket because they lifted them on the tripod by the legs. The various organs and blood removed because those parts need to be analyzed back at the lab for whatever disease or substance they are experimenting with. Tranquilizing substances and coagulants, or anti-coagulants, present would also tend to lead me to believe that some sort of veterinary experiments were going on. Maybe it was top secret work on weaponizing some sort of virus, and they were testing it on random cattle. Or possibly they were trying to investigate the effects of something (radiation, pollution, chemicals, insects) in that particular environment that would have affected the cattle living there (explains why they didn't just get a bunch of their own cattle over at the CDC facilities). Can't say anything about acid or scorched grass as this is the first I've heard of them. I don't know why there wouldn't be foot prints, though.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:30 AM

8,069 posts, read 2,015,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I'm still thinking of something more like a secret government experiment. The tripod marks could have been from ...a tripod. A big tripod used to lift the cattle by their legs, maybe to weigh them?? The legs were pulled out of socket because they lifted them on the tripod by the legs. The various organs and blood removed because those parts need to be analyzed back at the lab for whatever disease or substance they are experimenting with. Tranquilizing substances and coagulants, or anti-coagulants, present would also tend to lead me to believe that some sort of veterinary experiments were going on. Maybe it was top secret work on weaponizing some sort of virus, and they were testing it on random cattle. Or possibly they were trying to investigate the effects of something (radiation, pollution, chemicals, insects) in that particular environment that would have affected the cattle living there (explains why they didn't just get a bunch of their own cattle over at the CDC facilities). Can't say anything about acid or scorched grass as this is the first I've heard of them. I don't know why there wouldn't be foot prints, though.
If they were doing legitimate testing on cattle, this would be done during the day, no secrecy needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or