U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2019, 01:26 PM
 
14,460 posts, read 13,158,046 times
Reputation: 6664

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's not my opinion of Russians; it's their own opinion of themselves. They're the ones frequently excusing their lagging behind the West, by blaming the Mongols, and WWII. Or they used to. Maybe now they throw Lenin under the bus, as well, or the supposed Jewish Conspiracy (aka: Bolshevik Revolution). It's a national syndrome. Maybe that's why Vlad Vladich is so popular; he's devoted his career to Making Russia Great Again.

Yes it IS ))))


Since Russians were/are so separated from the rest of the world ( West including, for a number of reasons, language group is not the least of them,) they tend to be highly imbalanced, when it comes to objective self-appraisal. It's almost like a bipolar disorder, going from the "woo to me," to "we are ahead of the whole planet" thing.



Those who live abroad for some time become more or less objective - at least part of them.

Last edited by erasure; 02-18-2019 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-19-2019, 10:07 AM
 
8,628 posts, read 2,145,548 times
Reputation: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Thank you for posting a link to this article.
I remember I've read it long time ago, but I couldn't find it since then.
I don't remember all the details of it, except for the description of the religious aspect (of the origin of the UFOs that is.)
I don't have time to go over it in details right now, but I thought the explanations were right on ( IF to remove the atheistic approach to life on Earth all together.)
See, somewhere down the line the Bible is talking about the third of angels (the celestial/starry host or whatever they are called there,) who basically betrayed God, and took off with the Devil.
So it would be logical to guess that this party was responsible for all this "alien" crap, and most likely, the creation of the "counter-race" of humanoids, meant for the replacement of the humankind.

And this would explain the elusiveness of the *aliens,* the description of who/what they are, the contradicting witnesses accounts and so on.

So while the atheists are looking for the "advanced civilizations" existing somewhere within our Universe and arriving to us in their super-duper spaceships, the reality of things might be much more dire. We should probably talk about the "different dimension" ( or rather "dimensions") instead, and whoever exists there, and what this "third of angels ( or demons - whichever you prefer,) got to do with it. Think more in terms of "Star Track" and variety of possibilities may be, rather than "our Universe" as we know it.
I think this also explains the extreme secrecy and why govts of the world refuse to disclose all they know about this...if they were simply beings from another planet, that would be easy to disclose to the public, but what this link suggests, that would be difficult to explain to the people, in a way they could understand it and still not panic or be scared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2019, 08:56 PM
 
14,460 posts, read 13,158,046 times
Reputation: 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think this also explains the extreme secrecy and why govts of the world refuse to disclose all they know about this...if they were simply beings from another planet, that would be easy to disclose to the public, but what this link suggests, that would be difficult to explain to the people, in a way they could understand it and still not panic or be scared.

Actually, I think that it's the other way around.

Say you are a government and you deliver a message to your population that the existence of these creatures is somehow connected to God ( or whatever has been described in the bible.) This, of course, might bring fear in population, ( since this would be a proof of the existence of god after all,) but as unsettling and terrifying as this idea might be for some, the thought behind it is the following; if god allowed this to happen, he at least should know how to take care of it all.

So this would be version A, and now imagine the alternative;

Not only the grays arrive in their super-duper spaceships, but now the government has a compelling evidence that they mutilate not only cattle, but people as well.

And nobody knows what to do about it.

Something like this would be a fear of a whole different level for the public I'd guess.

Last edited by erasure; 02-19-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 05:30 AM
 
2,246 posts, read 837,043 times
Reputation: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think this also explains the extreme secrecy and why govts of the world refuse to disclose all they know about this...if they were simply beings from another planet, that would be easy to disclose to the public, but what this link suggests, that would be difficult to explain to the people, in a way they could understand it and still not panic or be scared.
It would be far too difficult for any government to truly hide the presence of aliens especially with todayís tech in public hands. What is true though is that such a revelation would have profound consequences.

Another important thing to consider is what exactly constitutes an alien at this point. Does it need to be sentient or not? Bacteria is most likely going to be the first thing we find as itís already the most common type of lifeform here on Earth. Not exactly the most glamorous thing, but an important discovery nevertheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 05:40 AM
 
2,246 posts, read 837,043 times
Reputation: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh I see now you've posted this as well, so I am not the only one thinking in these terms...
Star Wars is actually very far from reality. The existence of a multitude of civilisations spread out across the universe is highly probable, but thatís due to the Universeís size. They are most likely going to be spread apart from one another by a good number of light years, making travel from one system to another difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 01:13 PM
 
14,460 posts, read 13,158,046 times
Reputation: 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
It would be far too difficult for any government to truly hide the presence of aliens especially with todayís tech in public hands. What is true though is that such a revelation would have profound consequences.

That is IF those creatures will want to manifest themselves OUT IN THE OPEN. ( Then of course no government cover-up will help.)

But so far, judging by everything what's going on, they don't.

Now when it comes to the governmentS ( I underline the plural,) we don't really know how much they know and what do they have on their hands.
And what's more important - if they do have anything, what are they doing about it ( if anything.)
I mean if you were a government with certain amount of data on hands, what would you do?
My guess is - to keep it hush from the general public, while appealing to the scientific community in the most secretive manner?

This would be logical, to keep it as classified information.


Quote:
Another important thing to consider is what exactly constitutes an alien at this point. Does it need to be sentient or not? Bacteria is most likely going to be the first thing we find as itís already the most common type of lifeform here on Earth. Not exactly the most glamorous thing, but an important discovery nevertheless.
MW, we both know that you like to argue. ( With me in particular)
But unfortunately I don't have time now to plunge into this interesting discussion, because it requires some thought.

May be after the mid-March.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 01:16 PM
 
8,628 posts, read 2,145,548 times
Reputation: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Actually, I think that it's the other way around.

Say you are a government and you deliver a message to your population that the existence of these creatures is somehow connected to God ( or whatever has been described in the bible.) This, of course, might bring fear in population, ( since this would be a proof of the existence of god after all,) but as unsettling and terrifying as this idea might be for some, the thought behind it is the following; if god allowed this to happen, he at least should know how to take care of it all.

So this would be version A, and now imagine the alternative;

Not only the grays arrive in their super-duper spaceships, but now the government has a compelling evidence that they mutilate not only cattle, but people as well.

And nobody knows what to do about it.

Something like this would be a fear of a whole different level for the public I'd guess.
Well, I can see why BOTH scenarios, why Govt would want to keep it secret!


Announcing to the public that 'demons' of the bible are REAL and can manifest themselves into material objects in OUR WORLD, in OUR skies, and apparently they have access to much greater technology than humans do..that would be be pretty frightening.


I read something awhile back, I wish I could remember where I read it, about this guy who had been abducted, and woke up aboard their craft, he claimed he did not see super high tech, sterile looking space craft, but instead, junk and trash lying around everywhere (remnants from past abductees), very dirty, smelly like sulfur and grease, and also blood spatters, human body parts, all over the place. He also described the hull and ships material in a way I have heard a few times before in abductee and UFO reports, he said it was similar to old civil war type plate iron and rivets, rough-looking on the surface.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
2,898 posts, read 1,315,947 times
Reputation: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, I can see why BOTH scenarios, why Govt would want to keep it secret!


Announcing to the public that 'demons' of the bible are REAL and can manifest themselves into material objects in OUR WORLD, in OUR skies, and apparently they have access to much greater technology than humans do..that would be be pretty frightening.


I read something awhile back, I wish I could remember where I read it, about this guy who had been abducted, and woke up aboard their craft, he claimed he did not see super high tech, sterile looking space craft, but instead, junk and trash lying around everywhere (remnants from past abductees), very dirty, smelly like sulfur and grease, and also blood spatters, human body parts, all over the place. He also described the hull and ships material in a way I have heard a few times before in abductee and UFO reports, he said it was similar to old civil war type plate iron and rivets, rough-looking on the surface.
Well, he certainly sounds credible ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 04:40 PM
 
2,246 posts, read 837,043 times
Reputation: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That is IF those creatures will want to manifest themselves OUT IN THE OPEN. ( Then of course no government cover-up will help.)

But so far, judging by everything what's going on, they don't.

Now when it comes to the governmentS ( I underline the plural,) we don't really know how much they know and what do they have on their hands.
And what's more important - if they do have anything, what are they doing about it ( if anything.)
I mean if you were a government with certain amount of data on hands, what would you do?
My guess is - to keep it hush from the general public, while appealing to the scientific community in the most secretive manner?

This would be logical, to keep it as classified information.


MW, we both know that you like to argue. ( With me in particular)
But unfortunately I don't have time now to plunge into this interesting discussion, because it requires some thought.

May be after the mid-March.
Thatís true, but youíre by no means the only one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2019, 08:18 AM
 
8,628 posts, read 2,145,548 times
Reputation: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Well, he certainly sounds credible ....
There was one UFO report I read, I believe it was in MO, guy driving late at night, delivering newspapers for the next day, saw a large black triangle hovering over the city, eventually it came lower, to where he could see details on the craft, he claimed the whole craft looked like a civil war battleship (rough black plate iron and rivets), he also said there was a plethora of pipes and mechanical looking stuff on the underside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top