U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 08:52 AM

4,244 posts, read 2,575,767 times

Advertisements

He was 34. A couple of incidents:

1. Was talking to a colleague and when I mentioned his name, the lights flickered.
2. A few months later, we spoke of him again and there was a knock on the door, but nobody was there.

Was it supernatural? Probably not, but still fun to discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 12:33 AM

4,393 posts, read 1,985,592 times
It was him.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:30 AM

2,760 posts, read 1,907,224 times
My Dad talks to me all the time. Sometimes its just a whisper, sometimes its just a thought, sometimes its a yell. He lets me know when I screwed up, tells me what to do sometimes, reminds me of things that need to be done, the list goes on.

Probably all in my head, and if means Im nuts, then so be it!

Old 01-31-2019, 12:41 PM
Status: "I will never forget you Shawn, you are greatly missed." (set 8 days ago)

10,472 posts, read 12,727,944 times
Either 2 bizarre coincidences, or he's sending a sign.

Im not much of a believer in this, but the day I found out my childhood friend died, (just last week) twice my cellphone was on the middle of a table and it fell to the ground. It was not on vibrate, my cats were nowhere near it either. He was a prankster growing up and we were hell raising drinkers for a while as adults. It caught my attention for sure.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:22 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,433,649 times
My strange incidents surrounding death - all can be labeled coincidences but I can't shake the feeling something else was going on in these occurrences:

I was a junior in high school the day JFK was assassinated. I was eating lunch and had a strong premonition something terrible was about to happen. An hour later, I was in the school library and an announcement came on over the intercom that the president had just been shot.

My father died unexpectedly a few days after Christmas many years ago at the age of 51. That night I was sitting with my girlfriend and told her the freezing rain was trying to tell me something terrible. We got the call a few hours later that he had passed away. At that time (this was years before cell phones) my brother saw a mourning dove beside the road, had a premonition, and called home from a pay phone.

After his funeral, my siblings and my mother were eating dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant. When the fortune cookies came, she opened hers and said "Oh my God". I picked up the fortune; it read, "Do not despair; he is well". I had a dream of my father a few months later and we were sitting opposite each other in a dark room with a light shining from above. I could smell the embalming fluid. He talked about how he hadn't done enough for people in his life - I told him he had made a huge difference in many peoples' lives.

My father's mother had died several years before. She was a believer in the paranormal, something of a medium, and told my siblings and me that if she could, she'd send us a message from the other side. I had a recurring dream for a couple of years after that she was back from the dead, but the process of returning to this side had robbed her of her speech so she couldn't talk with me.

One of my sisters died after a long illness. As she lay in her terminal coma, my brother announced he needed to get back to work and left with his wife and daughter. His wife was upset because they had promised her that they would be with her when she passed. They headed down the corridor, and as they neared the end a vending machine near the exit caught fire and they locked down the floor. So my brother ended up being there for her death. At the moment of her death, I had the strange sensation that the room filled with her presence, which gradually dissipated. My other sister commented that it was as though our sister was walking away from us, in a direction that had no place on the compass.

Coincidences? Maybe. But whatever the case, they're incidents that had great meaning for me.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Either 2 bizarre coincidences, or he's sending a sign.

Im not much of a believer in this, but the day I found out my childhood friend died, (just last week) twice my cellphone was on the middle of a table and it fell to the ground. It was not on vibrate, my cats were nowhere near it either. He was a prankster growing up and we were hell raising drinkers for a while as adults. It caught my attention for sure.
Also forgot the electricity went out the day after he died for three hours. Coincidence? Could be.

The day of the knock, I and the office manager were the only persons in the office as it was MLK day. She was there because we were expecting furniture.

Last edited by Gaylord_Focker; 01-31-2019 at 06:12 PM..

Old 01-31-2019, 06:14 PM

Thanks for sharing

Old 02-02-2019, 08:23 PM

52,960 posts, read 52,115,852 times
Good stories.

My late bro was an electrician. We believe he has flickered lights at family gatherings more than once. Other stuff, too.

Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM

54 posts, read 64,676 times
I think it was your coworker. I completely believe that little things like that are signs that our loved ones are still around.

When my dad passed away, he came to say goodbye with a knocking sound. He knocked on my closet door...three knocks. did the same thing at my Mom's house (I don't think she heard it, but my brother who was living there at the time did.)

When my grandfather died, I posted a pic of us on facebook. The next day, I turned on my computer and that very photo was now my desktop wallpaper. All I had done the previous day was pull a pic out of a file to post...it takes a little more effort to put it on your desktop. My mom says she will sometimes hear a sound like coins being dropped on a table ~ my grandfather used to do that in life, so she has always attributed that sound to him.

Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM

8,434 posts, read 9,354,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
He was 34. A couple of incidents:

1. Was talking to a colleague and when I mentioned his name, the lights flickered.
2. A few months later, we spoke of him again and there was a knock on the door, but nobody was there.

Was it supernatural? Probably not, but still fun to discuss.

I've had a few strange experiences over the years. The first when I was 12 when my little sister came to 'visit' me four months after she died. Sleeping soundly but something woke me up and I saw her, sitting on the end of my bed with her legs tucked under her and wearing her burial clothes. I told my mom about it but she dismissed it as "a dream". It wasn't. I was devastated by her death and I was always convinced she came to let me know she was okay. Smiled really big and then was gone. In later years my mom told me she did believe I'd seen my sister.

My grandfather died when I was in my early 20s. The family was at the hospital, in his room, and he was nearly 'gone'. Then he sat up, looked across the room, smiled sooooo big and put his arms out, then laid back down and took his last breath. I watched that in total amazement and have always wondered who he saw.

My sister passed away Thanksgiving morning 2016. I went to visit her kids and their families last summer and they told me stories of her coming to 'visit' and how she let them know she was there. Things moved, noises, etc.. One night, watching TV, we heard what sounded like someone messing with the kitchen trash, rattling bottles and cans. They all yelled, "Hi Mom!". lol

When I first moved into this house I heard noises, doors opened and closed, just different little things and I wondered if the previous owner was still hanging around. She had passed away six months prior. My mom had passed away also, three months prior, so I decided to believe it was her!

Couple of days ago I was watching TV and out the corner of my eye I watched my back door open! I haven't used that door in weeks. Went to check and the deadbolt was still in place so how did it open???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or