U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 10:13 PM

8,285 posts, read 3,111,246 times

Advertisements

Melrose Hotel in Scotland. I stayed in that one and never will again. Creepy and scary. There were also all kinds of ghost stories about that hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 12:21 AM

3,598 posts, read 5,723,787 times
The historic Geiser Grand Hotel in my town of Baker City, Oregon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgIeMKh1ZpY

Japan's Fuji TV even sent a large crew to investigate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7hVk0-_6ck&t=47s

Old 02-23-2019, 01:01 PM

12,069 posts, read 8,346,253 times
The Hotel Vancouver is supposedly haunted with several ghosts. The most famous is the Lady in Red. This article explains a sighting and a photograph taken.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...s-spooky-photo

Old 02-23-2019, 01:06 PM

4,992 posts, read 7,849,006 times
When I'm traveling, I'll try my best to look up a hotel I'm interested in to see that it's NOT haunted. I know certain others try to seek them out, but not me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post
The lot isn't empty anymore. It's a Post Office (which redefines it's own hell in a way).

https://www.bustle.com/p/can-you-vis...ed-to-be-69224
The post office is probably haunted too due to what happened on the grounds.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:51 AM

528 posts, read 225,632 times
We stayed 3 nights at the Myrtles Plantation. We did catch evp and photos of unexplained phenomena.

We also stayed at a few other "haunted hotels" but didn't have much going on there. Mainly a publicity stunt due to their history and area.

Now one does stick in my head. It was at a Super 8 in Stapleton, Colorado. When we were walking down the hall, it sounded like someone was running towards us and when we turned, nobody was there. That happened a few times. I asked my wife if she had heard it and she said yes. When talking to the desk clerk, we brought up the issue. He did say that other guests has witnessed the same thing. Also checked the monitors to see if someone was running upstairs. Nope, not the case. On the last night we stayed there, we went to bed early to catch early flight. We heard the noise of either a door or window closing. It woke us both up. Also heard footsteps INSIDE our room. There was light visible from the window and under the door to the hallway. We crapped ourselves haha...But there was nobody in there with us. I had to get out of bed and look, just to make sure.

We enjoy going ghost hunting but that place had a bad vibe to it. We were happy to leave.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:53 PM

96 posts, read 15,936 times
I must ask. Do these motels have a "ghost refund" policy if one cannot stay in the room all night, because they were too scared ?

Old 02-27-2019, 05:15 PM

2,423 posts, read 841,670 times
Dauphine House in New Orleans, which is just outside the French Quarter.

I have stayed there numerous times but had only one apparition. I had just gone to bed and was not asleep yet when I was jolted by a thump on the bed, as if something jumped on it. My husband was asleep and it wasn't him. I switched on the light, nothing. But one of the ghosts that 'haunt' that place is that of a little girl, and that's what it felt like.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:16 PM

4,340 posts, read 4,982,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
St Augustine FL is full of haunted hotels, and my old lady would not let us stay at one with the kids. We did however get photos at the Spanish Hospital of orbs, a fuzzy apparition laying on a bed and one which looks like a bright white globe hovering over my sons head
I put them away and never showed them to my old lady. That was 15 years ago

went to st Augustin old jail did not see anything in tour where the guide said we would.

on getting ready to leave heard a chuckle saw man lying on bunk in upper levels told tour leader who said no one ever mentioned that area to him

lost my desire to go to another haunted tour.

this happened after a anxious event in new orleans

Old 03-04-2019, 09:39 PM

18,159 posts, read 22,582,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
We stayed 3 nights at the Myrtles Plantation. We did catch evp and photos of unexplained phenomena.

We also stayed at a few other "haunted hotels" but didn't have much going on there. Mainly a publicity stunt due to their history and area.

Now one does stick in my head. It was at a Super 8 in Stapleton, Colorado. When we were walking down the hall, it sounded like someone was running towards us and when we turned, nobody was there. That happened a few times. I asked my wife if she had heard it and she said yes. When talking to the desk clerk, we brought up the issue. He did say that other guests has witnessed the same thing. Also checked the monitors to see if someone was running upstairs. Nope, not the case. On the last night we stayed there, we went to bed early to catch early flight. We heard the noise of either a door or window closing. It woke us both up. Also heard footsteps INSIDE our room. There was light visible from the window and under the door to the hallway. We crapped ourselves haha...But there was nobody in there with us. I had to get out of bed and look, just to make sure.

We enjoy going ghost hunting but that place had a bad vibe to it. We were happy to leave.

This is one place that really scares the hell out of me! I know of someone who visird and returned with a spiritual attachment.

I've frequently mentioned The Lily Dale Assembly, a community of spiritualists and psychics in upstate NY that has existed since Victorian times. Maplewood Hotel, which I can attest IS haunted.

When winter comes to the sleepy, green lakeside village. and the leaves turn god and red then brown, and then the snow begins to fall, and stays until late Spring - many savvy mediums head for gentler climes.

A favorite place is the Hotel Casadega in Florida. Casadega FL is named for Lake Casadega, located in the Lily Dale Community.

This hotel also is said to have it's fair share of "Spirits in Residents". It's a historic older building, and there are opportunities for healings, psychic and mediumistic consultations as well as classes and workshops.

It seems like a great winter getaway for people interested in these things - especially at $65 per night!

http://hotelcassadaga.com/

Last edited by sheena12; 03-04-2019 at 09:48 PM..

Old 03-07-2019, 05:38 AM

10,254 posts, read 3,506,615 times

The Langham Hotel in London has numerous ghosts including Napoleon III, a German Prince twho threw himself to his death juST prior to WW1 and a doctor who murdered his wife then killed himself while on their honeymoon, apparently it's best to avoid Room 333. The England cricket team and their girllfriends and wives stayed at the Langham a few years ago and were so terrified that they even requested to be moved to another hotel, refusing to stay at the Langham.

7 Most Haunted Hotels in Britain | VisitBritain

London hotel haunted, say England cricketers seeking change

As for haunted inns/pubs -

10 Most Haunted Pubs In The UK | Higgypop

13 of the most haunted pubs in London - Hello Magazine

Tales from the bar - a tour of London's 'great pubs' - BBC News

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-07-2019 at 05:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal