U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 05:32 AM

11,409 posts, read 4,662,974 times

Advertisements

Almost every city has a haunted hotel. There must be thousands of them across the country. Some famous, others not so much. In So Cal, they are a dime a dozen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 08:12 PM

311 posts, read 165,213 times
We stayed at the Monteleone hotel in NOLA French quarter, which supposedly has a haunted floor. The check in n lady put us on that floor with a smile. I didnít tell my hubby it was haunted, to see if anything happened, but our bellhop asked as we were checking out if we had any encounters. We didnít. This hotel I believe was used as a hospital during civil war.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:28 PM

1,293 posts, read 447,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

The Langham Hotel in London has numerous ghosts including Napoleon III, a German Prince twho threw himself to his death juST prior to WW1 and a doctor who murdered his wife then killed himself while on their honeymoon, apparently it's best to avoid Room 333. The England cricket team and their girllfriends and wives stayed at the Langham a few years ago and were so terrified that they even requested to be moved to another hotel, refusing to stay at the Langham.

7 Most Haunted Hotels in Britain | VisitBritain

London hotel haunted, say England cricketers seeking change

As for haunted inns/pubs -

10 Most Haunted Pubs In The UK | Higgypop

13 of the most haunted pubs in London - Hello Magazine

Tales from the bar - a tour of London's 'great pubs' - BBC News
Thanks for posting these. It made for very enjoyable reading!

Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM

4,337 posts, read 4,982,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtpie1968 View Post
We stayed at the Monteleone hotel in NOLA French quarter, which supposedly has a haunted floor. The check in n lady put us on that floor with a smile. I didnít tell my hubby it was haunted, to see if anything happened, but our bellhop asked as we were checking out if we had any encounters. We didnít. This hotel I believe was used as a hospital during civil war.
been there it is haunted.

my scariest experience came when I went to two places associated with marie laveau (not sure of spelling)

Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM

4,285 posts, read 4,127,102 times
The Biltmore Greensboro in downtown Greensboro, NC is haunted with two ghost. The hotel made a few top haunted places lists. The building was built in the late 1800s. Two murders happened there at two separate times decades ago.

https://myfox8.com/2014/10/31/greens...on-street/amp/

Old Today, 09:21 AM

4,825 posts, read 3,877,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
went to st Augustin old jail did not see anything in tour where the guide said we would.

on getting ready to leave heard a chuckle saw man lying on bunk in upper levels told tour leader who said no one ever mentioned that area to him

lost my desire to go to another haunted tour.

this happened after a anxious event in new orleans
We went to the Old St Augustine Spanish Hospital. I need to go through the boxes of photos in the studio, find the ones I mentioned and post them. These were taken with film probably 12 years ago.
The most haunted hotel is said to be the ST FRANCIS INN Although there are many others.

Id like to stay at the ST JAMES in Taos NM Sometime just out of curiosity. There are numerous reports of activity there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal