U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-26-2019, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
53,438 posts, read 52,500,500 times
Reputation: 62904

Advertisements

I wish it were possible. There are so many events in history I would love to go back and see.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2019, 11:51 PM
 
633 posts, read 545,578 times
Reputation: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I wish it were possible. There are so many events in history I would love to go back and see.
Actually, you can. There are two types of time travel: interactive and non-interactive.
Because of the invention of the motion picture, videotape and memory cards you can
experience an event from the past. This is known as non-interactive. The mentioned
capture mediums allows you to see moments in the past with motion, (sometimes)
color and (sometimes) sound. You can view all in 2D and a select few in 3D, even.
The drawback is the one that captured the image determines the quality, angle and
length.


Interactive time travel is what remains out of our grasp. If such a device were produced
it would pose a dire threat to humankind because of the ability to change the outcome
of historical events.


There are theories that have been around for a long time that UFO's are time travelers
from the future. That may explain their aloof behavior. They don't want to tamper with
historical events and prefer just to observe.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 01:27 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
5,191 posts, read 7,218,742 times
Reputation: 6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by westender View Post
The past is only observable, not changeable, but the future.... It would be theoretically possible to 'slow' time, relative in the sense of one place to another.

As one object approaches the speed of light, in this example a spaceship, it would be able to travel for a short period of relative time compared to another slow-moving object, like a planet.

By this method, the inhabitants of the spacecraft would be able to travel into the future.



At the risk of blowing your bubble, in space, there is no time, so there is no future, or past.
We humans use earth time to gauge everything.
If you were able to have spirit contact as I have, you would be told by them,that space beyond earth has no time.


Again, the speed of light, is measured by earth time, as are all other things in space.


Bob.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
53,438 posts, read 52,500,500 times
Reputation: 62904
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Actually, you can. There are two types of time travel: interactive and non-interactive.
Because of the invention of the motion picture, videotape and memory cards you can
experience an event from the past. This is known as non-interactive. The mentioned
capture mediums allows you to see moments in the past with motion, (sometimes)
color and (sometimes) sound. You can view all in 2D and a select few in 3D, even.
The drawback is the one that captured the image determines the quality, angle and
length.


Interactive time travel is what remains out of our grasp. If such a device were produced
it would pose a dire threat to humankind because of the ability to change the outcome
of historical events.


There are theories that have been around for a long time that UFO's are time travelers
from the future. That may explain their aloof behavior. They don't want to tamper with
historical events and prefer just to observe.
LOL, that's true, except there are no videos of any type from, say, Hastings in 1066 (although there is a lovely tapestry )
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 10:56 AM
 
596 posts, read 417,144 times
Reputation: 1365
Yes I believe it is. However time travel is only possible forward. You can not go backwards.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
10,280 posts, read 8,394,914 times
Reputation: 11789
My imagination will take me anywhere at no cost or risk.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Ohio
18,781 posts, read 13,744,805 times
Reputation: 14897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Is time travel real?
No.

Time is subjective, not objective, and it is also relative.

Time is a human invention, specifically by the Sumerians who used the Base 60 number system, instead of the Base 10 number system you're familiar with.

That's why you have 12 hours in a day, 12 hours in a night, 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute, and seconds were subdivided into fractions based on 60, and there's 360 in a circle, and 60' in 1 and 60" in 1' and seconds of arc were fractionalized in units of 60, and why you have 12" in a foot.

Your time system only works on Earth. It wouldn't work on another planet, unless that planet happened to have the same axial rotation as Earth, but given the number of planets in the Universe, there are probably several thousand planets that have an axial rotation equal to Earth +/-.

You can change your time system anytime you want to something founded on Base 10, or binary or hex, or Base 8 or Base 40 if you wanted.

Time is not a particle, or a wave or a frequency.

Because it isn't, there's no way to manipulate it.

You manipulate particles all the time. That's what nuclear weapons are about. You manipulate frequencies, too. That's how your cell-phones work. When people started crowding frequencies, the frequencies were subdivided. That's called Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA). As the number of users increased, you can't have one person hogging a frequency, so your conversation is chunked up into "time packets." A time packet of your conversation is preceded on the frequency by time packets from other people's conversations and followed by time packets from other people's conversations and then reassembled using software so that it appears to you that you are the only person on that frequency. That's TDMA. And then you can combine FDMA and TDMA into FTDMA. And then there's Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), which is an inherently secure means of communications because it uses a code to identify your conversation.

We manipulate waves, too. That's what radar is all about, and many other things.

Time exists only in your mind, and nowhere else.

It does make for good TV and films and books, but not much else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
What you describe sounds like remote viewing.
Which doesn't exist, either, because if it worked then there wouldn't be any missing people, and no unsolved murders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Time travel into the future is possible. A bear hibernates for six months and it wakes up six months in the future.
That's not time travel.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Gallup, NM
107 posts, read 25,724 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Which doesn't exist, either, because if it worked then there wouldn't be any missing people, and no unsolved murders.
It does exist. Here's an example of remote viewing being used to solve a murder and capture the murderer.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/mataur...lved-a-murder/

I know of several other cases where it's been used to solve murders, robberies, capture bad guys, etc. A most recent case (happened in 2018) is about a young woman who went missing in Phoenix. After the cops told her parents there were no leads, the parents hired the services of one such remote viewer. Her parents were told the girl was in Maine, held against her will by black people. Similar to the Laurie Cabot case (see article above), the remote viewer performed a spell to release the girl from her confinement. A few days later, the parents received a call from police in Maine, informing them that their daughter had been recovered. The daughter described her circumstances exactly as the remote viewer stated, and she said she had been kidnapped, drugged, raped, and beaten repeatedly. By some miracle, her captors all fell asleep and she was able to escape.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 04:54 PM
 
11,678 posts, read 19,915,107 times
Reputation: 18689
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
It does exist. Here's an example of remote viewing being used to solve a murder and capture the murderer.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/mataur...lved-a-murder/

I know of several other cases where it's been used to solve murders, robberies, capture bad guys, etc. A most recent case (happened in 2018) is about a young woman who went missing in Phoenix. After the cops told her parents there were no leads, the parents hired the services of one such remote viewer. Her parents were told the girl was in Maine, held against her will by black people. Similar to the Laurie Cabot case (see article above), the remote viewer performed a spell to release the girl from her confinement. A few days later, the parents received a call from police in Maine, informing them that their daughter had been recovered. The daughter described her circumstances exactly as the remote viewer stated, and she said she had been kidnapped, drugged, raped, and beaten repeatedly. By some miracle, her captors all fell asleep and she was able to escape.
Remote viewing is not time travel.

Time travel is manipulating time, so I can jump forward or backward and actually witness events that happened or will happen.
__________________
Solly says Be nice!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2019, 05:36 PM
 
5,898 posts, read 1,001,018 times
Reputation: 15292
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
It does exist. Here's an example of remote viewing being used to solve a murder and capture the murderer.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/mataur...lved-a-murder/

I know of several other cases where it's been used to solve murders, robberies, capture bad guys, etc. A most recent case (happened in 2018) is about a young woman who went missing in Phoenix. After the cops told her parents there were no leads, the parents hired the services of one such remote viewer. Her parents were told the girl was in Maine, held against her will by black people. Similar to the Laurie Cabot case (see article above), the remote viewer performed a spell to release the girl from her confinement. A few days later, the parents received a call from police in Maine, informing them that their daughter had been recovered. The daughter described her circumstances exactly as the remote viewer stated, and she said she had been kidnapped, drugged, raped, and beaten repeatedly. By some miracle, her captors all fell asleep and she was able to escape.
Sorry (because I would like to believe it), I have to doubt the above post and article because if that were true, the remote viewer would make a FORTUNE. (Not that she or he wouldn't be entitled to some kind of reward or finders fee!) But even putting the monetary reason aside, any moral person at all would use that kind of gift or talent for the good of kidnapped (and tortured) children everywhere.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top