U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 12:06 PM

14,067 posts, read 11,188,335 times

Advertisements

Want to stop time? Wait for water to boil!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 12:13 PM

7,670 posts, read 5,877,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Want to stop time? Wait for water to boil!
or go to the DMV for something

Old 02-28-2019, 01:01 PM

8,453 posts, read 2,111,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectoplasm View Post
No more than this illusion we call physical reality.
Right!

I have to imagine at some point in the future, maybe quantum mechanics will lead to a better understanding of 'this reality' we live in, and how easily it can be manipulated.

One thing I will say on the topic of UFOs possibly being time travelers, this would actually explain quite a bit about their nature and behavior, also the super level of secrecy surrounding the entire topic by world govts. Its interesting that nearly all UFO reports, the craft themselves never seem to 'progress technology-wise'...thats probably a big factor.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:20 PM

4,295 posts, read 3,476,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
One thing I will say on the topic of UFOs possibly being time travelers, this would actually explain quite a bit about their nature and behavior, also the super level of secrecy surrounding the entire topic by world govts. Its interesting that nearly all UFO reports, the craft themselves never seem to 'progress technology-wise'...thats probably a big factor.
Except in the 19th century "airship" encounters described dirigibles rather than spaceships. And you described a recent report of an airship in MO that looked like a civil war battleship -- which doesn't seem to fit in with their either being alien visitors or our descendants from the future. Instead, we have strange reports that seem to be more psychological in nature than physical -- but with physical aspects to them. They pass through air at enormous speeds without causing sonic booms, and make physically impossible turns. Which suggests projections or mental objects more than physical objects.

"The symbolic display seen by the abductees is identical to the type of initiation ritual or astral voyage that is embedded in the [occult] traditions of every culture...the structure of abduction stories is identical to that of occult initiation rituals...the UFO beings of today belong to the same class of manifestation as the [occult] entities that were described in centuries past."

-- Jacques Vallee

Old 02-28-2019, 04:37 PM

1,078 posts, read 254,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Is time travel real?
No, because if it were, someone from the future would have told us by now.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:43 PM

15,647 posts, read 20,221,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Actually we do have the tech and it has been done. They flew a plane at high speed around the world and when they landed the synchronized watches no longer agreed, people on the ground had aged a second more, so the people on the plane had in fact traveled into the future
By a second. And the astronauts who went to the moon actually traveled in accelerated time. Fair enough.

But traveling far into the future --- years or even centuries in what the traveler perceives as seconds or minutes. We don't have that tech yet.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:13 PM

2,362 posts, read 573,693 times
Not in the way that most people think, and not in any useful way.

Time travel is a perception created by scientists who use the example of a spaceship traveling away to some distant location, at close to the speed of light, communicating with someone on Earth. A phenomenon similar to the Doppler effect will give the perception that the voices have slowed down (this would take place when both electronic communications approach the speed of light, and a passing sound in person approach the speed of sound - the latter example is rarely, if ever used because the subject would be traveling so fast that nothing intelligible could be perceived).

This is an EXTREME generalization, trying to analogize the red and blue shift of stellar bodies to the time dilation experienced between two subjects moving at an incredible rate of speed either toward or away from one another.

- Too high a speed of an observable object (either toward or away) will make an observable body fall off the visible light spectrum in one way or another (infrared or ultraviolet) or be destroyed in the process (most likely). Sound becomes unintelligible with much less speed difference and duration the subject is within earshot.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:40 PM

8,374 posts, read 3,301,320 times
What an interesting thread. I don't have the time travel feel, I have the opposite, as if time is "flat". I've visited places I was as a child, and could clearly remember my thoughts as a child while I was there, and now I'm there as an adult and I feel like I'm sitting with the child me.

This woman's photography is exactly how I feel. She's there, with her younger self in one picture. Love this.

https://www.boredpanda.com/imagine-f...mpaign=organic

Old 02-28-2019, 07:44 PM

8,374 posts, read 3,301,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I also have that ability, but have never heard it called remote viewing.
I (not always, but on occasion) have known what has happened to people who were missing, or kidnapped.
I have a very good batting average as it were.

Bob.
Interesting. I'm very interested in missing people, and I also typically know what happened to them, just because there's a formula for it and if you follow enough missing persons cases you know what happened, just by plugging in the parts into the algorithm.

There's also people like Tim Miller, who founded Texas EquuSearch, who can take his all terrain vehicles and horse-mounted searchers and direct them to where a body will be. It's a psychic gift it seems. Or maybe just the fact that he's done it so many times he reads the murderer's mind.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:44 PM

10,855 posts, read 9,850,143 times
Well, if the past is only viewable with no chance of changing it, I have that already in my memories. I don't need to see it again. I don't want to see the future. I want to let it play out. But the topic is really fascinating and got me thinking, If I could change anything, would I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or