U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 08:30 PM

3,176 posts, read 1,598,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjson View Post
of course the book was better-- it was based on the best parts of the tv show.
By that logic movies should be better than their books due to being based on the "best parts".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 08:44 PM

18,812 posts, read 13,759,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
It does exist. Here's an example of remote viewing being used to solve a murder and capture the murderer.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/mataur...lved-a-murder/
That's a blog, which is not legitimate and highly suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
One thing I will say on the topic of UFOs possibly being time travelers, this would actually explain quite a bit about their nature and behavior, also the super level of secrecy surrounding the entire topic by world govts. Its interesting that nearly all UFO reports, the craft themselves never seem to 'progress technology-wise'...thats probably a big factor.
That's not how it works.

Your government type-classifies them based on shape, and there are four such groupings. While I don't know for certain, I have reason to believe they are sub-classified based on proposed propulsion system (meaning a best-guess as to what the propulsion system might actually be).

The implication of four different types suggests four different civilizations.

The differences within each type suggests additional civilizations, or modifications of an existing design. But, given an 80-year history of photographic evidence, how many modifications would you expect?

They all exhibit different characteristics in mobility, but one characteristic they all appear to have in common is extraordinary speed.

The one cruising back and forth between France and Germany along the southern border of Luxembourg last seen in the vicinity of Trier (Germany), being chased by US F-4s and F-15s, German F-4s, French aircraft (I never knew which ones) and Canadian F-18s apparently disappeared, then reappeared west of Soesterberg Air Base in the Netherlands in visual range of US F-4s heading toward the North Sea about 6 seconds later.

Unless there just happened to be two of them flitting about at the same time, that's at least 200 miles distant, indicating a speed in excess of 100,000 MPH.

Whatever it was, it didn't come from Earth.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:07 AM

10,882 posts, read 22,805,818 times
All I know is "Safety not Guaranteed" and it has only been done "once" before and you must bring your own weapons LOL

Old 03-02-2019, 02:22 AM

1,791 posts, read 372,995 times
I have mastered forward time travel...I have arrived here from the past to write this today. I have not been able to travel back in time for more than a moment or two yet though and it seems those moments are facilitated not with a flux capacitor but rather certain songs.

Old 03-02-2019, 06:23 AM

2,457 posts, read 854,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

Semantics

More than that-- in the Twin Paradox, both twins are traveling forward in time, but at different rates. Ones ages slower than the other. He's not going backwards in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
My humble understanding is that travel at greater than the speed of light may turn back time. Time slows as speed increases.

As you approach the speed of light, time (and space) flow approaches zero and mass approaches infinity. Theoretically, there's not enough energy to make an infinitely heavy mass move any faster than the speed of light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Can you travel back in time and meet your own self when you were a kid? .

If you went back in time, why would you be able to view your younger self as an independent person different than your travelling self? Wouldn't your travelling self have to be that younger self once you arrived at your time destination? If you get on a plane and go to HI, do you find an alternate self to look at when you get there?

Old 03-02-2019, 06:44 AM

2,423 posts, read 1,144,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Can you travel back in time and meet your own self when you were a kid? A might as well buy a few google and Apple stocks while you are there, and grab a few powerball winning tickets.
Were it possible to do so, I'd imagine you'd never find your former self.

YOU: "Mrs Jones, didn't you have a little boy?"

Your Mom: "We did, but he disappeared without a trace recently. Why do you ask? Might you have information of his whereabouts?"

Old 03-02-2019, 06:45 AM

14,084 posts, read 11,197,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
As you approach the speed of light, time (and space) flow approaches zero and mass approaches infinity. Theoretically, there's not enough energy to make an infinitely heavy mass move any faster than the speed of light.
What about the speedy neutrinos: Researchers at CERN break “The Speed of Light”. Supposedly they beat out photons by half a kilometer/second!

Old 03-02-2019, 08:40 AM

4,297 posts, read 3,479,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
What about the speedy neutrinos: Researchers at CERN break “The Speed of Light”. Supposedly they beat out photons by half a kilometer/second!
The experiment in question was reported in 2011, not year. Unfortunately, it was an improperly screwed in cable that led to the anomaly:

https://profmattstrassler.com/articl...at-went-wrong/

Also, note the date of the Science News Reporter article, and the tags at the bottom of the article.

Last edited by Vasily; 03-02-2019 at 08:49 AM..

Old 03-02-2019, 12:23 PM

8,499 posts, read 2,122,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's a blog, which is not legitimate and highly suspect.

That's not how it works.

Your government type-classifies them based on shape, and there are four such groupings. While I don't know for certain, I have reason to believe they are sub-classified based on proposed propulsion system (meaning a best-guess as to what the propulsion system might actually be).

The implication of four different types suggests four different civilizations.

The differences within each type suggests additional civilizations, or modifications of an existing design. But, given an 80-year history of photographic evidence, how many modifications would you expect?

They all exhibit different characteristics in mobility, but one characteristic they all appear to have in common is extraordinary speed.

The one cruising back and forth between France and Germany along the southern border of Luxembourg last seen in the vicinity of Trier (Germany), being chased by US F-4s and F-15s, German F-4s, French aircraft (I never knew which ones) and Canadian F-18s apparently disappeared, then reappeared west of Soesterberg Air Base in the Netherlands in visual range of US F-4s heading toward the North Sea about 6 seconds later.

Unless there just happened to be two of them flitting about at the same time, that's at least 200 miles distant, indicating a speed in excess of 100,000 MPH.

Whatever it was, it didn't come from Earth.
Most UFOs demonstrate high speed like this, and also the ability to vanish into thin air, or make themselves invisible the naked eye.

I would be interested in these 4 classifications, where did you read that? From what I read weekly on the MUFON and NUFORC websites, majority of sightings involve circular, globular or spherical craft, next would be triangular, Chevron/boomerang shapes are seen often too, cylinders are another that is seen often, There are a few square and rectangular craft reported here and there, but they are not as common as the others.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:14 PM

14,084 posts, read 11,197,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The experiment in question was reported in 2011, not year. Unfortunately, it was an improperly screwed in cable that led to the anomaly:

https://profmattstrassler.com/articl...at-went-wrong/

Also, note the date of the Science News Reporter article, and the tags at the bottom of the article.
I saw the original information and disclaimer. Then I spotted the newer article posted on April Fools Day. Of course I overlooked that little coincidence!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or