Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 08:55 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times

Advertisements

Is time travel real?

This question has intrigued me for a long time. What I have come to conclude...traveling to the future? Anybody's guess. Traveling to the past? Yes, with conditions. I've read (in regard to the UFO subject), you can go back but only as a viewer. Impossible to change that which has already happened. Think about it. If you now say something , it is said. Going to the past or future will never change that. If it could be changed, then in reality, nothing is reliable, nothing makes sense and if you mention multiple universes..could be but I am only interested in the universe I am in, not others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 10:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
I think its definitely possible and probably not as difficult as we assume it to be, I believe we can do MUCH MUCH more with our minds than we currently think, we just do not yet know how to access or flip the switch to 'on'.

Regarding going back or forward and changing things, I have a feeling 'nature' will have roadblocks/hurdles in place to prevent that from happening. (i.e..we could go back in time and kill our grandparents...but when we come back to our current time, everything will still be as it was when we left).

Old 02-26-2019, 11:09 AM

239 posts, read 155,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Is time travel real?

This question has intrigued me for a long time. What I have come to conclude...traveling to the future? Anybody's guess. Traveling to the past? Yes, with conditions. I've read (in regard to the UFO subject), you can go back but only as a viewer. Impossible to change that which has already happened. Think about it. If you now say something , it is said. Going to the past or future will never change that. If it could be changed, then in reality, nothing is reliable, nothing makes sense and if you mention multiple universes..could be but I am only interested in the universe I am in, not others.
What you describe sounds like remote viewing. From our perspective, the past is like a book; it's already written. But if you are in the present and are able to see into the future, then you can make changes now to affect the future. The future is fluid.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:37 AM

1,970 posts, read 2,234,402 times
The past is only observable, not changeable, but the future.... It would be theoretically possible to 'slow' time, relative in the sense of one place to another.

As one object approaches the speed of light, in this example a spaceship, it would be able to travel for a short period of relative time compared to another slow-moving object, like a planet.

By this method, the inhabitants of the spacecraft would be able to travel into the future.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:57 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Here is a good link that explains some of the science and speculation: https://www.space.com/21675-time-travel.html.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:20 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,777,950 times
Time travel into the future is possible. A bear hibernates for six months and it wakes up six months in the future. While there aren't a lot of changes in six months, a few decades of hibernation (cryogenically frozen) would bring a lot of changes when one wakes up.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:05 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Time travel into the future is possible. A bear hibernates for six months and it wakes up six months in the future. While there aren't a lot of changes in six months, a few decades of hibernation (cryogenically frozen) would bring a lot of changes when one wakes up.
Yes; but how is that going to give us next week's winning lottery numbers?

Old 02-26-2019, 07:55 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,777,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Yes; but how is that going to give us next week's winning lottery numbers?
You would need to memorize last week's winning numbers and time travel a little further back to take advantage. However, since the arrow of time seems to move in only one direction -- forward, traveling back in time is practically impossible.

Thus traveling into the future is the only way. Every morning we wake up in the future. Over times this adds up and we remember what happened 10, 20, 40 years ago. So in a way, with our memory we can travel back.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:08 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,302,234 times
Scientist: "I've set my time machine to send me into the future - but only five minutes into the future. So now I'm actually 5 minutes ahead of you."

Skeptic: "How is that possible?"

Scientist: "I knew you'd say that."

Old 02-26-2019, 08:29 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,896,476 times
Time Travel Joke:

The bartender says: We don't serve Tachyons here.

A Tachyon walks into a bar.

If you want to read a good novel about seeing the future read Flash Forward by Robert J. Sawyer.

It became a TV show in 2009. The show was good, the book was better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal