U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:43 PM

5,215 posts, read 7,237,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
I only know that I don't think I want to go to Heaven-- I won't know anybody there.

What do ghosts do during the day?

If H.sapiens have eternal spirits that are able to "come back" for a visit, what about H.habilis or H. erectus? Why do we never hear of hauntings by them? How far back in evolution does the concept go?...These things need investigation too....If I can connect it to Global Warming, then maybe I can get funding and quit my job.

In answer to your first question, I can relate what I have been told in contacts with spirits.
First off I need to resolve a point that most people believe, that just is not so.

There is this "heaven" that many speak of, but most will never see it.
The reason being, spirits must be totally pure in order to ascend to this heaven.
When we die most of us will go to places where spirits congregate.(and it is not heaven)

There they meet old friends and acquaintances.
There they do some of the same things we as humans do.
Some work a job, some do nothing but sit and think, and contemplate past lives, as well as future lives.

Some help others etc.

I can give you one very real example.
A little background so that one can totally understand what I am about to put into this post.

Dreams are a part of the human existence, but few people know why we dream, and why we dream certain things.

We dream when we sleep, though many times we can't remember the dream, and that is by purpose.
When we dream, we are witness to what our spirit within is doing as we sleep.
Our sleep time is when our spirit frees itself from our body, and journey's out to follow it's passions.
What the spirit does, and where it goes, IS our dream.

Now, when my deceased partner died 26 years ago, it opened up a new world of learning for me.
His passing was the conduit by which I became so involved in spirits, and the paranormal.

When he was of this earth, he always wanted to be a teacher.
He had no higher education that would have allowed him that privilege.
He worked in other, less rewarding jobs, and never achieved his passion to become a teacher.

One night, perhaps a year or so ago, I had a dream.
It was short, and profound in it's being.

I was seated on a lawn in a place I had never been before.
The building to my back looked like a school.

My partner came out of the building, and told me he had something he wanted me to see.
We walked into the building, and entered what appeared to be a classroom.
I sat in the last row of desk, and he walked up to the front of the class.
It was then I realized, he was the teacher.

I remember crying tears of joy and pride at what he had become.
He never achieved his passion on earth, but now in the spirit world, his job was being a teacher.
When I awoke, I still had tears in my eyes.

Asleep, I witnessed what MY spirit was doing as I slept..
So in answer to your question, many spirits have jobs in the spirit world.

Later on that morning, over a cup of coffee, I wondered to myself, where is this place my spirit traveled to while I slept?
I knew it was the world where spirits live, but "where" is it?
Does it have some geographical location?

The answer was given to me days later in an evp session with a spirit I call Henry.
That is the name he gave me when we first made contact a few years ago.
He told me there is not one geographical location for spirits.
" We are everywhere", "we are all in the universe".
"We can be anywhere we want to be, just by thought".

Obviously I have learned a great deal from spirits, but as I stated in the post above, I would like to see this world of spirits as a living human being, so I could tell all just what it is like.

I know for sure, in that dream, I witnessed what could have very well have been any place here on earth.
The school looked like any school, the grass where I sat was like any area of grass here on earth.

Like I said, many of our dreams we don't remember upon waking, but this one in particular, my spirit made sure I would remember what I saw, and witnessed.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 11:32 PM

2,803 posts, read 3,106,459 times
The books by Robert Monroe are amazing and describe how he investigated his out-of-body journeys which started one day when he was an adult. There are 3 books describing his experiences as he investigated them in an objective way.

Later he founded The Monroe Institute which continues that research and develops ways to access the state required to have OBEs. Since he was in business doing audio and engineering contracts, he was ideally placed to develop these methods.

He found that a particular audio tone combination would allow the brain to be awake but show the brainwaves of being asleep which is the state needed to achieve that OOB state.

So, this method might work for those who want to find out what it is like and even visit where you go after death (whatever name you call it).

The Monroe Institute

Robert Monroe Wikipedia
Quote:
According to his own account, while experimenting with sleep-learning in 1958 Monroe experienced an unusual phenomenon, which he described as sensations of paralysis and vibration accompanied by a bright light that appeared to be shining on him from a shallow angle. Monroe went on to say that this occurred another nine times over the next six weeks, culminating in his first out-of-body experience (OBE). Monroe recorded his account in his 1971 book Journeys Out of the Body and went on to become a prominent researcher in the field of human consciousness. Monroe later authored two more books on his experiments with OBE, Far Journeys (1985) and Ultimate Journey (1994).

Old 02-28-2019, 05:40 AM

3,465 posts, read 1,262,125 times
You can. Walk around with a deck of cards and see if you can find anybody with ESP.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:28 AM

5,803 posts, read 3,307,041 times
I've visited a number of "haunted" places and studied the history behind them. The Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA, the Axe Murder House in Vilisca, IA, The Kahler Hotel in Rochester, MN and Palmer House in Sauk Center, MN. I even tried to get an overnight stay in Dracula's castle a few years ago. Fun.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:10 PM

4,280 posts, read 4,968,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
If you had a chance to investigate something paranormal, what would it be? Maybe spend the night in a haunted house, place a few trail cameras in the local cemetery, or attended a seance? I wouldn't mind going to the UFO Watchtower in CO, and spending a night under the stars.
I have done this

it was anxiety producing because I could not control what I saw or heard.

some was positive , but some were very negative

Old 02-28-2019, 07:58 PM

10,874 posts, read 9,869,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I would like to spend a night with investigators at the place where my wife and I had our first experience, to try and either confirm or debunk what seems to be going on their. As it turns out, a local group did exactly that just a couple of months after we stayed there.

https://archive.org/details/PihaPara...PortTownsendWa
Really interesting video. You and your wife stayed there and had similar experiences? Wow.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:27 AM

8,646 posts, read 2,149,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
UFO watchtower for me as well. Just spending a night under the stars alone is great.
I would really like to get into investigating UFOs and their origin, but something tells me I am better off NOT digging too deep into this.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:13 PM

23,894 posts, read 22,876,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I would like to visit Bara Hack in CT.
That looks interesting.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:27 PM

631 posts, read 351,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
If you had a chance to investigate something paranormal, what would it be? Maybe spend the night in a haunted house, place a few trail cameras in the local cemetery, or attended a seance? I wouldn't mind going to the UFO Watchtower in CO, and spending a night under the stars.
I would definitely want to spend the night (or day, or both) in a
haunted house.

-

Old 03-03-2019, 11:37 AM

8,646 posts, read 2,149,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
I would definitely want to spend the night (or day, or both) in a
haunted house.

-
Ive had a couple paranormal experiences in my days, and I think its best to avoid these things at all costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or