U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 11:03 AM

4,308 posts, read 3,492,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Could they use cells to create food on their planet or some sort of work animals...because all
their advanced technology has depleted their planet somehow...air polluted, soil damaged?
This reminds me of the SF novel "Mote in God's Eye" which is about first contact with a technological species that has developed multiple castes or subspecies to hand specific problems - like engineer castes. As I recall, they were first detected because their planet's atmosphere is horribly polluted from all the junk their industries pump into it. They go through cycles of building/crashes and have a legendary figure "Crazy Eddie" who believed there was a way to get out of the endless cycles of disaster/rebuilding. They're essentially fatalists and see humans as a bunch of "Crazy Eddies".

Bottom line is: there's no reason to believe an alien species that's more intelligent or at a higher level of technology than us would be benevolent.

From a cost-benefit perspective, it's hard to imagine why a highly advanced species would need to travel vast distances and expend a lot of resources to go out of their system to address something like a scarcity of food. For one thing, their genetic structure will have evolved separately and it's unlikely Earth genetic material would be of any value for them or would be compatible at all with alien genetic material. Plus, we're rapidly increasing our ability to edit the genetic material of plants and animals - imagine what a civilzation a thousand years beyond our capabilities would be able to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 12:52 PM

8,708 posts, read 2,167,192 times
Quote:
IF I were to give aliens any thought, I would say they could be anything...
*one planet high and wise, offering advice...
*another, (I don't use the word demonic), but, "uncaring about our welfare"...only their research...and why research?

Possibly because they want to see how they could use or benefit from anything here...
health, minerals...could they use organs from these cows they seem to surgically explore as we use stem cells?
Could they use cells to create food on their planet or some sort of work animals...because all
their advanced technology has depleted their planet somehow...air polluted, soil damaged?

They seem so different I do believe we like to create in 'our image'...so I personally don't think they seeded our planet...but, what do I know.

On our planet we have such a vast, extraordinary array of creatures...wow...deep sea creatures
that don't need light...to eagles and spiders.

Just a little ramble..
Well, their home planets may have many different types of animal life too.

I dont believe much in the theory they are here 'researching or studying us' or our animals...they have been coming here for 1000s of years, they would already know all there is to know about us and our planet.

From most of the UFO reports I read, it really seems like they just pop up randomly in various places and then vanish or fly off after a few seconds, rarely do reports tell of landings or encounters with the occupants in these days ( I think this aspect is very important, that they do not interact or land or stick around for long) Im just not sure what that means or suggests.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:58 PM

8,708 posts, read 2,167,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
This reminds me of the SF novel "Mote in God's Eye" which is about first contact with a technological species that has developed multiple castes or subspecies to hand specific problems - like engineer castes. As I recall, they were first detected because their planet's atmosphere is horribly polluted from all the junk their industries pump into it. They go through cycles of building/crashes and have a legendary figure "Crazy Eddie" who believed there was a way to get out of the endless cycles of disaster/rebuilding. They're essentially fatalists and see humans as a bunch of "Crazy Eddies".

Bottom line is: there's no reason to believe an alien species that's more intelligent or at a higher level of technology than us would be benevolent.

From a cost-benefit perspective, it's hard to imagine why a highly advanced species would need to travel vast distances and expend a lot of resources to go out of their system to address something like a scarcity of food. For one thing, their genetic structure will have evolved separately and it's unlikely Earth genetic material would be of any value for them or would be compatible at all with alien genetic material. Plus, we're rapidly increasing our ability to edit the genetic material of plants and animals - imagine what a civilzation a thousand years beyond our capabilities would be able to do.
Plus, the fact that they are not taking any resources from earth.

I would think if there was something here they could use or wanted, we would see ALOT of UFO reports of ships removing or extracting material/resources (of course, on the other hand, many various UFOs people report, are EXTREMELY large, football field sized and even city sized craft...so ALL that space is likely designed for 'something').

Old 03-11-2019, 10:58 AM

14,235 posts, read 11,481,121 times
Size wise: The one UFO I saw as clear as day and just over the tree tops as far as how close...was maybe 50 feet wide (comparing to my roof on an addition of mine that's 47').
What a memory!!!! And watching it slowly, silently travel east...just like the re-enactment shown on the Discovery Channel that a cop saw...it was exactly what I saw once.

Means nothing to me...funny how that is.
It does make me able to see how lasers or the like could be used in these crop circles...seeing it so close to the ground and silent...IN and out...and gone in the night...vanished.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont believe much in the theory they are here 'researching or studying us' or our animals...they have been coming here for 1000s of years, they would already know all there is to know about us and our planet.
I believe it... just from the reports.
Taking samples of things though time to compare is something we do all the time...comparing temp, mercury, ozone, shark migrations...drilling down in the Antarctic finding palms leaves down there...
Can be googled.

Curiosity is a thing.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
From a cost-benefit perspective, it's hard to imagine why a highly advanced species would need to travel vast distances ...
Hey, the shows I watch there is unlimited energy from the Sun...star power...power in the air...of course, all those inventors have been killed.
....vast distances? Exploring...

Old 03-11-2019, 12:18 PM

4,735 posts, read 3,027,414 times
Quote:
...drilling down in the Antarctic finding palms leaves down there...
Can be googled.

Curiosity is a thing.
They didn't find palm leaves, after drilling through the ice cap and hitting dirt, the sediment contained pollen grains from palm trees and relatives of the modern baobab and macadamia.

When I was working along the Antarctic peninsula, there was the curator of the American Museum of Natural History in New York City who would come down in the summertime to look for dinosaur bones along the peninsula and ice free islands off the coast and he found dinosaur bones, so obviously there had to be plants/trees there, 'back in the day'!

Old 03-11-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
They didn't find palm leaves, after drilling through the ice cap and hitting dirt, the sediment contained pollen grains from palm trees and relatives of the modern baobab and macadamia.

When I was working along the Antarctic peninsula, there was the curator of the American Museum of Natural History in New York City who would come down in the summertime to look for dinosaur bones along the peninsula and ice free islands off the coast and he found dinosaurs there, so obviously there had to be plants/trees there, 'back in the day'!
Thank you ...I'm impressed with myself that I rem anything from the '90s when I read it,
loaned the book and never got it back! Grains from palms, good.
I like smart people with memories.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:38 PM

75,774 posts, read 67,600,978 times
Did any of you watch the video on another thread here, of the lecture presented by the Navajo Rangers? One of the incidents they investigated, was when an elder living out in the desert called, and said clients had landed on his land, and approached his mobile home. He watched them from behind a curtain, from inside. At one point, he said they were curious about his little solar-powered garden lights, that marked the path to his outhouse, from the front door. When he overcame his fear, and went out to interact with them, they ran around to the other side of his house, and then left.

If they're from a superior civilization, that can travel throughout the galaxy, why would they be intrigued by small solar panels on a garden light, as if they'd never seen anything like it, and were wondering how it worked?

Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 PM

4,735 posts, read 3,027,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If they're from a superior civilization, that can travel throughout the galaxy, why would they be intrigued by small solar panels on a garden light, as if they'd never seen anything like it, and were wondering how it worked?
Better question, why does it seems like they always tend to interact with the least credible least intelligent types of people?

Just land on the White House lawn at noon on July 4th, or at least abduct some famous, intelligent people, that are credible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal