U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 07:41 PM

4,323 posts, read 3,496,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A An LA newspaper headline said, "Surfer Wins Nobel Prize for Physics".
Surfer? Pffft. Here are ten engineers and scientists who were also rock stars:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/10-scientist-rock-stars-5810217

Top that, Dr. Mullis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 02:09 AM

8,756 posts, read 2,181,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You read this huh? So let's just put this out there...Bower and Chorley are responsible for .001 of all crop circles reported....even MIT could not duplicate the circles the way the stalks were bent. Do a little research before you spout this quakery.
These people cannot explain how guys with ropes and boards are able to change the genetic makeup of the crops bent over either, or how they can change the 'electromagnetism' of the areas, causing compasses to go crazy...Id love to hear their theories on how ropes and boards can do these things!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:53 AM

14,107 posts, read 11,247,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
These people cannot explain how guys with ropes and boards are able to change the genetic makeup of the crops bent over either, or how they can change the 'electromagnetism' of the areas, causing compasses to go crazy...Id love to hear their theories on how ropes and boards can do these things!
I cannot explain why any alien race would spend an eternity traveling to our little corner of the universe simply to flatten farmer's crops. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Life is all about survival; not painting graffiti on alien planets. We have humans that have been found guilty and have admitted to crop circles. If any race spends the time and energy to visit; they would take a more direct approach to contact or they would remain hidden until they were strong enough for conquest.

Crop circles make good movie plots and 'feed' the believers. But there is no reason to assume they have any connection to aliens.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:19 AM

34,723 posts, read 24,142,193 times
Quote:
If you notice though, these types of encounters mainly happened in the past, up to about the 40s, 50s, not many UFO encounters like that reported today!! Why do you think that is? .

They had better moonshine in the 40s and 50s.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:26 AM

75,829 posts, read 67,670,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
How does that saying go, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity.".

I should have made my statement a wee bit clearer, in that I would prefer them to contact/abduct a genius who is really, really, I mean really far from that insanity side!

Kary Mullis doesn't fall into that category, and he's a biochemist and won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.

"Back in the 1960s and early '70s I took plenty of LSD. A lot of people were doing that in Berkeley back then. And I found it to be a mind-opening experience. It was certainly much more important than any courses I ever took." - Kary Mullis
lol. Touche.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:45 PM

129 posts, read 30,329 times
Quote:
Did any of you watch the video on another thread here, of the lecture presented by the Navajo Rangers? One of the incidents they investigated, was when an elder living out in the desert called, and said clients had landed on his land, and approached his mobile home. He watched them from behind a curtain, from inside. At one point, he said they were curious about his little solar-powered garden lights, that marked the path to his outhouse, from the front door. When he overcame his fear, and went out to interact with them, they ran around to the other side of his house, and then left.

If they're from a superior civilization, that can travel throughout the galaxy, why would they be intrigued by small solar panels on a garden light, as if they'd never seen anything like it, and were wondering how it worked?
I saw this lecture, even told my mom about it. If I recall correctly, the aliens were having fun with his solar powered lights. They were curious about it. One would hold his hand out to it, and the garden light would turn off. The one would then retract his hand, and the light turned back on. They were amused by it. The way the rangers explained it, I pictured the cute, little aliens laughing and having fun with the solar powered light. Additionally, I do believe his dog attacked them only to run off crying. The dog died a week later.

Yesterday, I saw a strange glowing tower, parked in the middle of the desert, on the other side of the valley where I live. I told my dad about it, and he said UFO! I told him about the cases the Navajo Rangers spoke about, and we agreed it was probably UFO's. My dad wondered what they were doing there, and I said one of them probably needed to pee, needed a pit stop, lol. Kinda like...ugh, can you please stop the spaceship? I really need to go, lol.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:02 PM

75,829 posts, read 67,670,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
I saw this lecture, even told my mom about it. If I recall correctly, the aliens were having fun with his solar powered lights. They were curious about it. One would hold his hand out to it, and the garden light would turn off. The one would then retract his hand, and the light turned back on. They were amused by it. The way the rangers explained it, I pictured the cute, little aliens laughing and having fun with the solar powered light. Additionally, I do believe his dog attacked them only to run off crying. The dog died a week later.

Yesterday, I saw a strange glowing tower, parked in the middle of the desert, on the other side of the valley where I live. I told my dad about it, and he said UFO! I told him about the cases the Navajo Rangers spoke about, and we agreed it was probably UFO's. My dad wondered what they were doing there, and I said one of them probably needed to pee, needed a pit stop, lol. Kinda like...ugh, can you please stop the spaceship? I really need to go, lol.
Thanks, Snapple. But I would assume, that if they're advanced enough to build spaceships, they're advanced enough to equip them with whatever facilities they need.

Yeah, I've never been a UFO enthusiast or even just a believer, but that report got my attention. And a description of one of the UFO's in that report caught my attention: a series of horizontal lights. Someone I know said their music group was performing at a nightclub in Tokyo decades ago, and he looked out the window in-between sets, and saw a row of lights on top of a mountain. He turned to one of the staff people, and asked if they had a hotel up there. And as he pointed it out, the row of lights suddenly zipped away.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:27 PM

2,530 posts, read 879,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I cannot explain why any alien race would spend an eternity traveling to our little corner of the universe simply to flatten farmer's crops. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Could be they're adolescent aliens who stole the family rocketship and are just out for a joy-ride, causing mischief.

What if we go to, say Mars, and find some form of primitive intelligent life. We're more intelligent nd advanced than them, but you know about all our human weaknesses & short-comings like greed, jealously, fear, etc etc .What makes anyone think a superior race of aliens who can come here will not have their weaknesses, too?

Old 03-13-2019, 02:35 PM

129 posts, read 30,329 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've never been a UFO enthusiast or even just a believer, but that report got my attention. And a description of one of the UFO's in that report caught my attention: a series of horizontal lights. Someone I know said their music group was performing at a nightclub in Tokyo decades ago, and he looked out the window in-between sets, and saw a row of lights on top of a mountain. He turned to one of the staff people, and asked if they had a hotel up there. And as he pointed it out, the row of lights suddenly zipped away.
The horizontal row of lights is the blocky spaceship the mother and daughter saw? My dad and I even discussed that case. The way they described the blocky ship, it reminded me of those huge boats like the Love Boat or Carnival Cruises. I was like, what if they're tourists and that ship is the love boat? They look out the window and see this mother and daughter, and they're like....look...at the cavemen, lol.

In December, the constellation of Orion rises above the eastern horizon about two hours after sunset. One night, while feeding the horses, I noticed this bright star to the east, as bright as Sirius. That bright star looked misplaced among the rabbit constellation that rises before Orion. I thought, "Sirius comes after Orion, not before it..." Then I noticed this jet plane approach the "star" from the southwest. The star backed up out of the jet's path, took a sidestep, let the jet pass, and became still again. I said, "that star moved!" It turned out the people I was with were looking at it too, and they too said they saw it move.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:55 PM

14,286 posts, read 11,501,995 times
Quote:
Tell this to Transponder one day would ya?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal