U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2019, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
14,286 posts, read 11,501,995 times
Reputation: 15790

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You read this huh? So let's just put this out there...Bower and Chorley are responsible for .001 of all crop circles reported....even MIT could not duplicate the circles the way the stalks were bent.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2019, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
14,286 posts, read 11,501,995 times
Reputation: 15790
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Could be they're adolescent aliens who stole the family rocketship and are just out for a joy-ride, causing mischief.

What if we go to, say Mars, and find some form of primitive intelligent life. We're more intelligent nd advanced than them, but you know about all our human weaknesses & short-comings like greed, jealously, fear, etc etc .What makes anyone think a superior race of aliens who can come here will not have their weaknesses, too?
Good thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 04:15 PM
 
17,879 posts, read 22,936,118 times
Reputation: 33051
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
You do know that Crop Circles have been debunked, right? Especially the ones in England. They were mostly all created by two guys named Bower and Chorley.
and even when they stopped making 15 a night the intricate crop circles were still being made
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
14,107 posts, read 11,247,531 times
Reputation: 10456
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Could be they're adolescent aliens who stole the family rocketship and are just out for a joy-ride, causing mischief.


What if we go to, say Mars, and find some form of primitive intelligent life. We're more intelligent nd advanced than them, but you know about all our human weaknesses & short-comings like greed, jealously, fear, etc etc .What makes anyone think a superior race of aliens who can come here will not have their weaknesses, too?
If they did imitate us they would plant little flags claiming their new 'find' for their motherland! Of course their kids could go about causing mischief while their parents planted the flags and took selfies!

It is just ridiculous to think that we would fly so far simply to squash E.T.'s fields of Reese's Pieces!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 08:25 PM
 
5,054 posts, read 7,936,821 times
Reputation: 3038
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
and even when they stopped making 15 a night the intricate crop circles were still being made
...because loads of other people were jumping in on the spoof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 10:43 PM
 
394 posts, read 56,832 times
Reputation: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
How does that saying go, "There's a fine line between genius and insanity.".
genius allows you to more easily make connections between things other people are far less likely to make-- einstein tied together, of all things, matter and energy in a tidy equation. he didnt even think it would be a big deal-- maybe help out a couple astrophysicists. buckminster fuller (for whom the buckyball is named, he also invented the protective domes they put over weather radar) wrote and article that claimed einstein was going to be a household name in the future. when the two met to discuss the article, einstein told fuller he thought it was remarkable-- and unexpected.

being completely nuts also allows you to more easily make connections between things other people are far less likely to make. its difficult for most people (even scientists) to tell which is which. not only did they assume einstein was nuts (he was probably also dyslexic-- a genius with a serious learning disability) but most of the scientists of the day thought the wright brothers were idiots. not only is there a fine line-- you almost have to be crazy to be a genius in the first place. maybe the best way to put it is that geniuses are "highly-functioning nuts."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 11:07 PM
 
8,753 posts, read 2,181,999 times
Reputation: 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Tell this to Transponder one day would ya?!
I have plenty of times. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2019, 11:58 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
75,824 posts, read 67,670,054 times
Reputation: 72909
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjson View Post
genius allows you to more easily make connections between things other people are far less likely to make-- einstein tied together, of all things, matter and energy in a tidy equation. he didnt even think it would be a big deal-- maybe help out a couple astrophysicists. buckminster fuller (for whom the buckyball is named, he also invented the protective domes they put over weather radar) wrote and article that claimed einstein was going to be a household name in the future. when the two met to discuss the article, einstein told fuller he thought it was remarkable-- and unexpected.

being completely nuts also allows you to more easily make connections between things other people are far less likely to make. its difficult for most people (even scientists) to tell which is which. not only did they assume einstein was nuts (he was probably also dyslexic-- a genius with a serious learning disability) but most of the scientists of the day thought the wright brothers were idiots. not only is there a fine line-- you almost have to be crazy to be a genius in the first place. maybe the best way to put it is that geniuses are "highly-functioning nuts."
Einstein was remarkably open to intuition. He tended to intuit his theories, seemingly out of the blue, then had to backtrack, to figure out the math to justify them. I think a certain amount of genius involves a gift for intuition. You could say, that what we call "intuition" is just the subconscious pulling together information you've come across casually, and forgotten about, but I think there's more to it than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2019, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
14,286 posts, read 11,501,995 times
Reputation: 15790
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjson View Post
genius allows you to more easily make connections between things other people are far less likely to make-- einstein tied together, of all things, matter and energy in a tidy equation. he didnt even think it would be a big deal-- maybe help out a couple astrophysicists. buckminster fuller (for whom the buckyball is named, he also invented the protective domes they put over weather radar) wrote and article that claimed einstein was going to be a household name in the future. when the two met to discuss the article, einstein told fuller he thought it was remarkable-- and unexpected.

being completely nuts also allows you to more easily make connections between things other people are far less likely to make. its difficult for most people (even scientists) to tell which is which. not only did they assume einstein was nuts (he was probably also dyslexic-- a genius with a serious learning disability) but most of the scientists of the day thought the wright brothers were idiots. not only is there a fine line-- you almost have to be crazy to be a genius in the first place. maybe the best way to put it is that geniuses are "highly-functioning nuts."
I love it.


Hi RuthforTruth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2019, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
4,322 posts, read 3,496,905 times
Reputation: 7883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Einstein was remarkably open to intuition. He tended to intuit his theories, seemingly out of the blue, then had to backtrack, to figure out the math to justify them. I think a certain amount of genius involves a gift for intuition. You could say, that what we call "intuition" is just the subconscious pulling together information you've come across casually, and forgotten about, but I think there's more to it than that.
How Friedrich Kekule figured out the structure of the benzene molecule:

https://www.beliefnet.com/columnists...m-omnibus.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top