U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 01:10 PM

8,857 posts, read 2,208,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The only time I had feelings of elation, and fear, at the same time, was when I started out experimenting with evp, many years ago.
No feelings of shock.

My first contact was accomplished after a week of trying, and when I finally made contact, I was elated to finally accomplish what to that point, had only been skepticism on my part.
I was a bit frightened at hearing the voice from the other side.
It was a female, asking for help.
She kept repeating, "Help, Help, please help me".
I have come a long way since that day.
I no longer need to use a recorder, or any other equipment in order to contact those on the other side.

I need to run some errands, but will continue on this subject later in the day.

Bob.
Did you figure out what she needed help with? Did she realize she was dead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 08:17 PM

5,244 posts, read 7,261,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Did you figure out what she needed help with? Did she realize she was dead?

At the time, I was not sure why she needed help.

It wasn't until the next morning when I spoke with Sarah Estep (a pioneer in the field of evp)that I found out what this spirit wanted, and what it was experiencing.

Many times when a spirit is faced with immediate death of the body in which it is incarnated, it is confused, and not sure what is happening, but also knows through death of the living being, it must release itself from that body.
By immediate death, I refer to dying from an accident, being shot, dying in an expected fashion, as opposed to an expected death like an illness, or natural causes.

In it's confusion, sometimes the spirit looses it's way back to the world of spirits.
It was not ready to release itself, and because of the sudden death of that body, the spirit now finds itself in limbo, not able to return to the human existence, and unable to find it's way back into the spirit world.

Most of have heard the expression, "a lost soul".
That is exactly what this spirit was, and was using communication with me as a conduit to return to the earthly plain, which was impossible.
Sarah suggestion In my next recording session, to summon a spirit, or spirits that could seek out this lost soul, and help it to return to the world of spirits.
I did that, and perhaps it worked, for I never encountered that particular spirit again.

I recorded for many years, but lately(the last seven or so) I have found I can make contact without the use of evp equipment.

Because of the principal I use when contacting those from beyond, I feel people like this so called medium , the subject in this thread, are ill equipped to hone in on any spirit.
The one thing that is most essential when sitting down for a contact session is, peace and quiet, with absolutely no outside interference of any kind.

In my case, I am alone in a smaller room in my house(which has soundproofing) and there I can allow my mind to enter a state of meditation.
This allows me to clear my mind of the daily routine, and thoughts concerning the day.

Fully conscious ,and able to feel the energy of those spirits who are coming through.
I know when it, or they are in the room with me.
Once I have welcomed and made known their presence, I am able to communicate on a relatively simple level.
Their voice is as clear in my ears as it would be, If I were speaking to another human in the room.
The difference being, the spoken word is pronounced slower, and more precise, and fully understandable.

Through out the years, I have learned that many in fact most people, have psychic and medium abilities, but far to many do not know how to develop the ability, and of course, many are to busy in life to take the time necessary to hone in on,an advance these abilities.

I believe if some of you were to confront a legitimate psychic, or medium, they would tell you what I have explained here in this post.
Mediums who are truly capable of spirit contact,do it in an environment of tranquility, not a studio filled with believers of a non existent, useless spectacle, of pretended ability.

Bob.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:58 PM

9,765 posts, read 2,363,771 times
So you're a 'real medium' and work in a specific way and any other medium who is different is a fake. Right.

Matt gives very specific info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnGfLEZ8twI

Old 03-12-2019, 10:02 PM

John Edward describes readings are like borrowed thoughts so he doesn't remember previous readings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5faETIK03E

Old 03-12-2019, 10:43 PM

5,244 posts, read 7,261,683 times
Do you know what the term cold reading is about?

These two are doing that and are as phony as hell.

I don't give any credence to any one who states they get immediate responses from spirits, especially in a crowded room.

It doesn't happen that way.

These people are only in it for the money.
It is like a massive brain wash of the people in these audiences.
You hear it, so it must be so.

These fools spend hours honing their craft.
Do you honestly believe these little audience get- together's are free?

Along with the books they write, and the brainwashed audiences they confront, I would guess these types are living high off the hog.

People like "pilgrim's progress" believe these people because they more than likely have never been in the company of a real medium.

Bob.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:35 PM

23,982 posts, read 22,961,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I think I love you. Shall I play the song? Nope.

I know that some people perceive, dream, know, think, and see things that not all of us do. I'm one of them. I'm not psychic and I don't give readings. I've just had enough weird things happen to me that I know that there is a flip side to that coin.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Do you know what the term cold reading is about?
I don't give any credence to any one who states they get immediate responses from spirits, especially in a crowded room.
It doesn't happen that way.

Along with the books they write, and the brainwashed audiences they confront, I would guess these types are living high off the hog.

People like "pilgrim's progress" believe these people because they more than likely have never been in the company of a real medium.
Just because these psychics work differently than you do, you shouldn't be so dismissive. They might say the same about you because you are so slow! I'm guessing you read more like Char, who gets an initial or a name and is rather slow. I'm not impressed.

I've been to many mediums over the decades. Cold readings don't give details like Fraser and Edward and Van Praagh always get. I'm very intuitive and had the spirit of a little boy attach itself to me for many months. I had been his mother in a past life. I went to a psychic who helped the kid move on. The medium named the father of the kid without my telling him.

Moderator cut: Very rude

Last edited by Tallysmom; 03-14-2019 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: Very rude. Personal attack.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:29 AM

15,770 posts, read 20,292,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I know that some people perceive, dream, know, think, and see things that not all of us do. I'm one of them. I'm not psychic and I don't give readings. I've just had enough weird things happen to me that I know that there is a flip side to that coin.
I very much believe there is more in heaven and earth than is dreamt of in any philosophy. I don't rule out the possibility of psychic phenomenon. But John Edwards and mediums-for-money and their ilk? They're charlatans. The pet psychics are my favorite. I don't know who is more deluded --- the pet psychics or the people who believe in pet psychics. Both of them are certainly more gullible than the pets.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:19 AM

9,540 posts, read 16,844,301 times
Quote:
With what is being shown on tv and youtube videos, it is no wonder you don't believe in psychic power.

First off, there are some people who actually do have the ability to "see" things most people can't.
The same could be said for hearing ability.
One can have psychic ability, and still be unable to contact those who have passed on.
One can be a psychic, and not be a medium, as well some are mediums, but not psychic.
I believe there is a difference between the two.

A medium is able to contact a spirit from the other side, and a psychic usually sees things that are going to happen in the future.
There is one more class, which I fall under, and that is the ability to"see" events as they are happening, and able to clearly see results from those events, long before the facts come out, about the event.

My strongest power is the ability to contact spirits.
I am not one of these "public" phony psychics that apply their mysterious powers on video and tv.
I have learned the art well, and if there is ONE thing I know, spirits make contact , ONLY WHEN THEY WANT TO.

Those fools in front of an audience, pretending to contact a loved one who has passed, are just that, fools.
I have been doing this for many years, and contact(if it happens at all), takes time,it is not something that happens in seconds, minutes, or even hours, if at all.

So when you see these fools on tv, one must never take them seriously.
Two of these fools come to mind, John Edward, and that nut case who use to scribble on a pad while "reaching spirits" for his audience. (his name I don't remember).

Both are absolute frauds.

Contacting spirits takes time and patience, and it never happens quickly.
Spirits are quiet,and reserved in nature, for the most part.
The exception to that would be an evil spirit.
More often that not, it is a one on one encounter, though I have had a few contacts where there were more than one present at one time.
Coming through in an environment where there is a studio full of people,is not something any spirit would ever consider.
This is very interesting to me and you sound like the real deal. By your measure then, Esther Hicks and Abraham are phony? I have listened to those videos with interest but something always feels a bit off to me.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:40 PM

Why are people against charging for a service? Legit psychics have a gift. Should dancers, singers, artists and musicians not charge for their 'gift' either?

If someone thinks a person is a scammer then they wouldn't spend their money. I wouldn't buy the services of a financial advisor who promised to double my money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or