U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-13-2019, 11:13 PM
 
8,745 posts, read 2,177,314 times
Reputation: 6024

Advertisements

This is fascinating, this guy is really amazing to read about, he doesnt seem like he would be a Noble prize winning biochemist!! I read a review of this book after seeing it mentioned online, the book is 'Dancing naked in the mind fields', by Kary Mullis.



Its interesting he referred to them as 'raccoons', and then when he (and many others ) saw the drawing on the front cover of the book 'Communion' by Whitey Streiber, did it become clear what they really were.



https://www.davidhalperin.net/the-bi...r-kary-mullis/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
75,819 posts, read 67,649,097 times
Reputation: 72877
Well, I guess you read the comment another poster made, about Kary, his drug use, and his perceptions of reality, lol. I found it really irresponsible of him, to claim the AIDS epidemic was fake, or a conspiracy. But I did find his alien abduction story intriguing. And his way of coping with how freaked out he was about it, hilarious, but also convincing that something unusual and mind-blowing had actually happened.

I wonder what he's up to now? He must be in his 70's, at least, if not 80.I'm guessing he chose not to retire to his property in Mendocino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
5,230 posts, read 7,249,354 times
Reputation: 6880
I got as far as " psychedelic drugs" in the link you posted.



That was more than enough for me to form an opinion.


Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM
 
8,745 posts, read 2,177,314 times
Reputation: 6024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, I guess you read the comment another poster made, about Kary, his drug use, and his perceptions of reality, lol. I found it really irresponsible of him, to claim the AIDS epidemic was fake, or a conspiracy. But I did find his alien abduction story intriguing. And his way of coping with how freaked out he was about it, hilarious, but also convincing that something unusual and mind-blowing had actually happened.

I wonder what he's up to now? He must be in his 70's, at least, if not 80.I'm guessing he chose not to retire to his property in Mendocino.
I found it interesting 2 people basically had the same experiences, they both ended up walking along the same road, both had clean and dry clothes, meaning they were not outside overnight...very interesting for sure.


CALYGUY, I very much doubt his previous LSD use played any part in this, Ive used LOTS of acid in my younger days, you dont get THAT intense hallucinations, or hallucinate those kinds of events, its more of a mental thing, with some visuals, more like tracer effects, not full on seeing stuff that isnt there. Thats a common myth about LSD hallucinations, you can take the strongest stuff out there but you wont see purple unicorns galloping thru your room, or green elves walking thru the yard....its more like colors are more vibrant, 'tracer effects' from colors, certain things have more 'depth' and are more interesting, but thats about the extent of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
14,282 posts, read 11,496,368 times
Reputation: 15785
Oh, that book is being shipped from Amazon at this very moment.
I am an old Flower Child...it should be fun to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
14,282 posts, read 11,496,368 times
Reputation: 15785
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
CALYGUY, I very much doubt his previous LSD use played any part in this, Ive used LOTS of acid in my younger days,
you dont get THAT intense hallucinations.....its more like colors are more vibrant,
'tracer effects' from colors, certain things have more 'depth' and are more interesting, but that's
about the extent of it.
Vibrant colors, eh? Must have been pretty.

How God created matter itself, the earth, trees, us...was shown to me...plus way way more...that was only one x...and one revelation given....more just in meditation.

So, readers? There are no limits if your mind is able to handle the vastness of insights and
knowledge made possible on LSD....(or meditation).
I have no doubt Dr. Mullis, whose mind was built to understand great concepts in detail, was revealed
unimaginable information.

Did you know that you have approx 3,000,000 years worth of storage space for information in your brain?*
Why? Because 1 thought in your brain looks like a tree, you have 100 trillion of these 'trees'...each
tree is capable of growing 70,000 branches.* Fact.
*Ref: Dr. Caroline Leaf.

Had to give my take on the possibilities of what the human brain is capable of being shown.
I am sorry if I sound smug, I know how this comes off...but I like to correct misinformation...or
let's say limited information as if written in stone.

Don't hate me CALYGUY.
It's a broader take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:36 PM
 
8,745 posts, read 2,177,314 times
Reputation: 6024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Vibrant colors, eh? Must have been pretty.

How God created matter itself, the earth, trees, us...was shown to me...plus way way more...that was only one x...and one revelation given....more just in meditation.

So, readers? There are no limits if your mind is able to handle the vastness of insights and
knowledge made possible on LSD....(or meditation).
I have no doubt Dr. Mullis, whose mind was built to understand great concepts in detail, was revealed
unimaginable information.

Did you know that you have approx 3,000,000 years worth of storage space for information in your brain?*
Why? Because 1 thought in your brain looks like a tree, you have 100 trillion of these 'trees'...each
tree is capable of growing 70,000 branches.* Fact.
*Ref: Dr. Caroline Leaf.

Had to give my take on the possibilities of what the human brain is capable of being shown.
I am sorry if I sound smug, I know how this comes off...but I like to correct misinformation...or
let's say limited information as if written in stone.

Don't hate me CALYGUY.
It's a broader take.
I agree with you on what LSD does to your mind, it does sort of open that 'third eye' of consciousness, In my experience, I didnt really learn anything new, it was more like, it made me recognize a new way to learn things or recognize them ( I hope that makes sense, its hard to explain in words).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top