U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 06:59 PM

2,228 posts, read 813,650 times

Advertisements

there WERE giants, there ARE giants, AND they are getting bigger, or, at least, taller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 PM

8,796 posts, read 2,191,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Those are elongated skulls, intentionally deformed in infancy, not the skulls of giants. Skull deformation was popular in various parts o Latin America, including among the Maya. It's not evidence of giants.
The skulls he is referring to though, they do have a few different characteristics, that differ compared to regular human skulls, there is a old Serpent mound sort of close to me in southern OH, Adams County, OH, they have a small museum there as well, and have a couple 'Nephilim' skulls', I cannot recall the anatomical name, but its a skull plate, regular humans have multiple skull plates, the Nephilim/giant skulls have 1 single one ( If I remember correctly this was the major difference, except for the size of course).

Ive never understood why there is so much controversy and debate on whether these giants existed or not...the way I look it...big deal, giants existed at one time...so what?! they dont anymore, so Im not sure why people try to debunk it. But I think what the debate really comes down to is not the giant thing, its the Nephilim thing, them being half fallen angel, half human, thats where people get skeptical and start to question it. Whether the giants that constructed the serpent mound in OH were Nephilim or just regular giants, I dont know, the museum calls them 'Nephilim', but they could have just been giants.(nothing supernatural to them).

Old 03-15-2019, 11:04 AM

130 posts, read 30,842 times
Some material I found regarding red haired giants. First, an excerpt from an online article (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah).

Quote:
According to the Paiutes, the Si-Te-Cah were a red-haired band of cannibalistic giants.[1] The Si-Te-Cah and the Paiutes were at war, and after a long struggle a coalition of tribes trapped the remaining Si-Te-Cah in Lovelock Cave. When they refused to come out, the Indians piled brush before the cave mouth and set it aflame. The Si-Te-Cah were annihilated.
Also, I found a satirical cartoon that touches on the stories of giants stealing children. The cartoonist makes reference to the modern practice of taking immigrant children from their parents (source: https://navajotimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Jacks-Cartoon-062118.gif).

Old 03-15-2019, 11:29 AM

4,330 posts, read 3,500,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
Some material I found regarding red haired giants. First, an excerpt from an online article (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah).

Also, I found a satirical cartoon that touches on the stories of giants stealing children. The cartoonist makes reference to the modern practice of taking immigrant children from their parents (source: https://navajotimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Jacks-Cartoon-062118.gif).
None of the reports from expeditions that are cited as sources for the red haired giants story mention giants at all. Neither does a book written by a native American which mentions red haired people but does not label them giants:

Quote:
It turns out that all the stories can be traced back to a single primary source, a book written in 1882 by Sarah Winnemucca Hopkins, the first Native American woman to copyright a publication. ... She wrote that they were said to have reddish hair, and said she owned a dress trimmed with their red hair that had been passed down through the generations. She never mentioned giants at all.
Sourcee: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4390

Also, this from the same source:

Quote:
... What I found, in fact, is that every mention of the Si-Te-Cah appears only in paranormalist books and websites that promote the claim that a Paiute oral tradition says the red-haired giant cannibals were real. ... If you're looking for the legend, search for Si-Te-Cah; if you're looking for the true history, search for Saidaku.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:40 AM

14,119 posts, read 11,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post

From that Wikipedia link: "Adrienne Mayor writes about the Si-Te-Cah in her book Legends of the First Americans. She suggests that the 'giant' interpretation of the skeletons from Lovelock Cave and other dry caves in Nevada was started by entrepreneurs setting up tourist displays and that the skeletons themselves were of normal size. However, about a hundred miles north of Lovelock there are plentiful fossils of mammoths and cave bears, and their large limb bones could easily be thought to be those of giants by an untrained observer. She also discusses the reddish hair, pointing out that hair pigment is not stable after death and that various factors such as temperature, soil, etc. can turn ancient very dark hair rusty red or orange. Another explanation for the 'giant' interpretation of the skeletons may also come from the fact that some of the first remains unearthed by the guano miners in 1911-12 were described as “giant"."

Here is my problem with 'oral' history: Back in the 1960's my HS staged an event to point out how it was so difficult to have good eye witness testimony. They asked us to come to the auditorium with a notebook and pen/pencil. On stage they had a few students that set up a little stalls that looked like store keepers and maybe a banker. Another student ran in holding a banana in his hand with a mask on and asked the pretend store keepers/bankers to hand over their money. He grabbed the loot and quickly ran off stage. Our principal then asked us to write down what we just observed and then our notes were collected. Very few of us got all of the 'facts' correct. Some described the banana as a Colt or Smith and Wesson; only a few 'saw' a banana. Some missed all the action; but still attempted to describe what they thought they heard.

Over time people tend to embellish their own accounts. While 'oral history' might point us in a direction to research or do further investigation; we have to keep in mind that it might not be factual evidence. It should be viewed as only one very small piece of the puzzle.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:42 AM

3,961 posts, read 7,562,380 times
They are the Nephilim. They could still be around in the caves of the Grand Canyon. They are also in the secret Antartica society that Admiral Bird spoke of.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:14 PM

75,866 posts, read 67,713,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
there WERE giants, there ARE giants, AND they are getting bigger, or, at least, taller.
The Dutch? That's just because of all the dairy products they eat.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
about a hundred miles north of Lovelock there are plentiful fossils of mammoths and cave bears, and their large limb bones could easily be thought to be those of giants by an untrained observer.
It's been suggested the Greek legend of the cyclops is the result of ancient Greeks pondering the meaning of mammoth skulls. Elephants and their kin have huge nose holes which could be mistakenly taken for a giant eye socket.

https://matteroffactsblog.wordpress....ammoth-skulls/

And in China and other places, the same thing may have happened with dinosaur bones which were sometimes labeled "dragons".

Dinosaurs and Dragons, Oh My!

Gigantopithecus was first identified from teeth being sold in a Chinese pharmacy as "dragon's teeth":

https://www.livescience.com/53313-bi...t-dweller.html

Quote:
She also discusses the reddish hair, pointing out that hair pigment is not stable after death and that various factors such as temperature, soil, etc. can turn ancient very dark hair rusty red or orange.
Bodies of human sacrifices found in European bogs, for example, often have reddish hair due to the chemicals in the water:

https://jameskonstanahr.weebly.com/tollund-man.html

Old 03-15-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
They are the Nephilim. They could still be around in the caves of the Grand Canyon. They are also in the secret Antartica society that Admiral Bird spoke of.
The Byrd diary is hard to see as anything other than a fake. I've posted this explanation before: You can read Byrd's "diary" here:

Secret Diary of Admiral Byrd?

Serious problems with the diary include:
  • It originated from the Hollow Earth Society in MO, which had a cottage industry selling copies of it.
  • It reads like an Amazing Stories plot and seems to me to have been influenced a lot by Lovecraft
  • The florid, ridiculous writing style is nothing like other pieces of writing by Byrd
  • F. Giannini claimed Byrd found lands beyond the NORTH pole in his "Worlds Beyond the Pole"
I suggest the Hollow Earth Society used Giannini's book as a starting point and wrote the bogus diary, situating it at the South rather than the North Pole, and all of this information has gotten bent and twisted together on the internet as it's gotten spread around.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:29 PM

14,119 posts, read 11,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
It's been suggested the Greek legend of the cyclops is the result of ancient Greeks pondering the meaning of mammoth skulls. Elephants and their kin have huge nose holes which could be mistakenly taken for a giant eye socket.

https://matteroffactsblog.wordpress....ammoth-skulls/

And in China and other places, the same thing may have happened with dinosaur bones which were sometimes labeled "dragons".

Dinosaurs and Dragons, Oh My!

Gigantopithecus was first identified from teeth being sold in a Chinese pharmacy as "dragon's teeth":

https://www.livescience.com/53313-bi...t-dweller.html

Bodies of human sacrifices found in European bogs, for example, often have reddish hair due to the chemicals in the water:

https://jameskonstanahr.weebly.com/tollund-man.html
Right now, if we go to our political threads, half our Country cannot see the other side's arguments. Our Country is divided and the sides are miles apart. The truth is about finding a consensus, that agrees with all the facts, and reviews all of the information logically. That usually does not happen because we are all driven by our own motivations.

Whether it was Greek priest or Chinese ancient pharmacist; many had financial rewards for perpetuating myths.

Good links!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or