U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 04:02 AM

18,370 posts, read 23,552,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Those are elongated skulls, intentionally deformed in infancy, not the skulls of giants. Skull deformation was popular in various parts o Latin America, including among the Maya. It's not evidence of giants.
not all ancient alien theorists agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 04:25 AM

2,988 posts, read 3,230,846 times
The Ancient Aliens series 13 episode 8 has an investigation into giants on Sardina and Malta where there are many "graves" and legends about giants. If there were no giants, then it is strange there are so many ancient references to them in these places.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:10 AM

14,431 posts, read 11,741,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The Ancient Aliens series 13 episode 8 has an investigation into giants on Sardina and Malta where there are many "graves" and legends about giants. If there were no giants, then it is strange there are so many ancient references to them in these places.
Most people on TV are paid; they have a vested interest in their show's popularity. Do you believe every telemarketer that calls your house?

There were some humans that were bigger than other humans; that does not make them aliens. Sometimes it is only perspective; to short people normal size is giant. We love to embellish and we do not like others to know that we are afraid of somebody the same size; it is easier to say a giant beat me or chased me. Of course there are always conspiracy theories when the evidence disappears (presuming there was any evidence in the first place). Most of this is nothing more than campfire stories and nothing to connect it to aliens.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:03 AM

3,611 posts, read 1,724,612 times
Quote:
Ancient Aliens is an entertaining program, and I like it a lot. They really do put forth some enticing notions, particularly with respect to the Egyptians and how all the huge blocks were moved and set into place. I suppose it's easy to believe everything they say, or at least be drawn down that path, if you're not knowlegeable in the subject (in my case, Egyptology; I've never formally studied archaeology although I find it very interesting).

But when the subject is something that you are intimately familiar with, in my case NASA, and you hear the garbage spewed forth by those like Mike Bara, it makes you suspect about the validity of the rest they say. But that doesn't make it any less entertaining.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:41 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,712,067 times
Quote:
What makes the Ancient Aliens people think the neollithic graves on Sardinia and Malta contained giant skeletons rather than being communal or family crypts? I'll give you a scenario: the graves were ancient by the time the ancestors of today's Maltese and Sardinians lived in historical times. They explained the large tombs away by creating a legend that the Old Ones who built them were giants.

In the Old Testament, there are references to someone being "gathered to his ancestors". THat's a reference to his bones being added to an ancestral ossuary. The Sardinians and Maltese weren't the only neolithic culture that used communal burials. As to why people come up with legends of giants and people living hundreds of years -- see my earlier posts in this thread.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:01 PM

7,146 posts, read 1,797,053 times
Very simple. Get DNA done on the bones. Can't find any bones? Well that is a monumental problem.

I find it difficult to believe that there was lots of evidence and photos a hundred or more years ago but nothing since we have been able to test what they would be. I am sure the amount of excavating today is exponentially greater than in the 19th or early 20th centuries. We are bound to have run into something by now.

Its also odd that someone found the giant skeletons worthy of photographing but not important enough to keep.

But I am open to the possibility.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-17-2019 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-17-2019, 05:31 PM

1,256 posts, read 601,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Why?

Seriously, why jump immediately to aliens? If we find a skeleton with some weird anomalies, why not rule out genetic mutation, disease, or look into the possibility that it isn't homo sapiens? Why not assume the much more likely explanations before leaping to the one conclusion for which we have no evidence?

Scientists are still looking into homo floresiensis, the so-called "hobbits" of Southeast Asia. But how do we know they are just an extinct species? Obviously early Indonesians were drinking unicorn blood! There can be no other explanation!
I thought the point of the OP was that MULTIPLE skeletons were found, i.e. less likely its a single anomaly...

Old 03-17-2019, 06:35 PM

2,988 posts, read 3,230,846 times
Some people are trying to do a valiant job of playing down the evidence when there are instances of giants all across the world. How do you explain reported double rows of teeth except as physical malformation or disease. How do you explain skulls with no suture where it should be for humans?

Where something such as an elongated skull is found in an area where head-binding is not practiced, it does lend credence to the idea that something unusual is causing the strange shape of the skulls. Particularly when there are a number of examples found in the same place.

OK, so taking all the evidence of elongated skulls, double rows of teeth, newspaper reports of skeletons disappearing into the Smithsonian and never being seen again (as discussed earlier). There do seem to be snippits of information and hints that these giants may have existed historically in spite of some peoples assurances that it is all hearsay and folk tales. Of course we will have to make up our own minds about it.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:39 PM

6,982 posts, read 3,879,681 times
Quote:
I cannot find much on the forum about giants and the skeletons found in the past.

It looks like we have to admit that something weird is going on with reports of elongated skulls, ( Link to CD thread by LittleDolphin Ancient Elongated Skulls in Peru Are Not Human ) rows of double teeth and disintergrating skeletons turning to dust when exposed to air. I know that some humans are affected by giantism and do not live very long examples such as Andre the Giant to name just one. However, I reckon this phenomena is just another set of examples showing evidence for aliens, which other people do not accept, and maintain all are normal explainable human anomalies.

10 Forbidden And Creepy Claims Of Giant Human Skeletons
For those who like to debunk these things, I offer the snopes response from this article
That's what happens when you "reckon" rather than think.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:40 PM

14,431 posts, read 11,741,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
I thought the point of the OP was that MULTIPLE skeletons were found, i.e. less likely its a single anomaly...
Humans have produced more than one giant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantism. According to Wikipedia: "It is a rare disorder resulting from increased levels of growth hormone before the fusion of the growth plate which usually occurs at some point soon after puberty." Regardless of how rare; there are many humans; right now the world population is approaching eight billion. It is only 'normal' to have multiple skeletons of humans that suffered from this abnormality over time.

What is abnormal is that so many people want to believe that it has something to do with aliens without any proof. It is one thing to speculate; it is anther thing to believe without the facts to back up your belief's. What makes it worse is that many, that are fostering those beliefs, have a vested interest - they want to sell books, stay on the radio, or have their TV series continue indefinitely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or