Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 09:06 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Some people are trying to do a valiant job of playing down the evidence when there are instances of giants all across the world. How do you explain reported double rows of teeth except as physical malformation or disease. How do you explain skulls with no suture where it should be for humans?
How do we explain it? How about made-up or exaggerated stories?

https://politicoid.wordpress.com/201...ical-thinking/

And this one:

Quote:
There have been no studies released about the DNA of these skulls. Brien Foerster apparently sent samples to an unknown geneticist, who apparently told him that the DNA is not human, after it had been admitted that most of the samples were contaminated. Foerster then tells the world the results are in and that they are alien hybrid skulls. But you have to buy his book to find out more.
The motivation? Take look at Brien Foerster's website: he sells various tour package, a large number of books, and on-demand videos. There's also his appearances on Coast to Coast and his association with Ancient Origins. There's apparently a good living to be made as an "ancient aliens expert".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 12:14 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There were some humans that were bigger than other humans; that does not make them aliens. Sometimes it is only perspective; to short people normal size is giant. We love to embellish and we do not like others to know that we are afraid of somebody the same size; it is easier to say a giant beat me or chased me.
Funny you should say that; I was just getting ready to post about one of the Smithsonian's diversion tactics in this matter: A Snopes "bait & switch" utilizing the aforementioned satirical article & a non-random press-release about "giants ... comparatively" uncovered in China. I'm not quite cynical enough to believe that the satirical article was actually commissioned by them but if they keep it up; it wouldn't be that hard.

-First came the satire, on 3 December 2014 (linked by OP).

-Then, came the Snopes "False" rating on 17 December 2014. Literally, the only citation given by Snopes was the satirical website itself (despite quoting National Geographic)! Who "debunks" anything using the alleged source & satire? Not to mention Snopes drops the ball by stating:
Quote:
Unlike most fake news stories, the giant skeleton claim is an extant long-running rumor that refuses to stay dead rather than a recently invented falsehood. National Geographic has been battling the hoax since at least 2002 ...
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/creation-schism/

... which alludes to that they are actually trying to cast doubt on the existence of giant skeletons altogether because anybody can search Supreme Court decisions & dockets involving the Smithsonian. I did. And National Geographic is not the same entity as the Smithsonian. And my link in my previous post on this thread proves that giant skeleton allegations date back to at least 1834, which is a far cry from 2002.

-Finally, on Jul 14, 2017; the Smithsonian publishes an article titled; "Graveyard of Giants Found in China", stating:
Quote:
Many of the 5000-year-old skeletons measured 5' 9'' or longer, making the Neolithic humans exceptionally tall for that period.
OMG, too funny ..."Giants! ... comparatively" ... LOL. If I can debunk Snopes from my living room (not the first time); their credibility is shot, including the "comparative" theory. Given the large amount of funds donated by lovers of science & anthropology; I can only hope the Smithsonian got their money's worth trying to cover something up.

Quote:
Of course there are always conspiracy theories when the evidence disappears (presuming there was any evidence in the first place). Most of this is nothing more than campfire stories and nothing to connect it to aliens.
Before we subscribe to the theory of "Giants as aliens"; wouldn't the existence of Giants themselves; first have to be confirmed? The problem isn't that "There's no such thing as Giants who were aliens". The problem is that "There's no such thing as Giants who were." ... So sayeth the Smithsonian & The National Geographic Society.

Unfortunately for them; many other historically documented accounts "sayeth" differently:

Quote:
Dr. William H. Dehart, a civil war veteran and dentist of this city, recently furnished the Smithsonian Institute with three valued relics picked up by him when a boy and the officials at the national museum are enthusiastic over the acquisitions, which they consider the most important In years. The three relics are the lower jaw of an Indian or some other ancient inhabitant, presumably of giant proportions, a pierced tablet and a heart-shaped formation of stone and clay. There Is quite a history connected with all three.
page 4, Publication: Logansport Daily Tribune. Issue Date: May 26, 1911
Quote:
Salem, W.Va., June 14- Excavation of two mounds near Morgansville in Doddridge County, about 12 miles west of here, has revealed what Prof. Ernest Sutton, head of the history department of Salem college, believes is valuable evidence of a race of Giants who inhabited this section of West Virginia more than 1,000 years ago. Prof. Sutton revealed tonight that he has been excavating the two mounds for the past several months. Skeletons of four mound builders, indicating they were from seven to nine feet tall, have been uncovered.

Further exploration is being made by the professor, assisted by Oris Stillier, of Salem. Data on the discovery will be submitted to the Smithsonian Institute.
page 1, Publication: Beckley Sunday Register, Issue Date: June 15, 1930
https://ezproxy.ppld.org:2282/us/wes...&pey=1949,1939 (paywalled)

These should not be confused with "tall Indians" ... Anatomical differences in the skulls, jaws & upper extremities have been noted, as well as an extreme difference in burial techniques & artifacts found at the sites.

I don't think they are aliens, BTW.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:17 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
coschisti,

What are you going on about? We know that there is a physical abnormality and some humans are exceptionally tall. We know that normally there are some very tall humans; many of the basketball teams are filled with them. Heck; I work with two coworkers that can touch our tall ceilings and at 5'11" my hand is two feet short of touching the same ceiling. I don't go around hollering giant or conspiracy!

We are not the only country in the world or is the Smithsonian the only museum in the world. Where is all the documentation on anybody that is of truly exceptional size; where are the skeletons? The Smithsonian could not possibly destroy all the evidence in the world or would it have.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:19 PM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
coschisti,

What are you going on about? We know that there is a physical abnormality and some humans are exceptionally tall. We know that normally there are some very tall humans; many of the basketball teams are filled with them. Heck; I work with two coworkers that can touch our tall ceilings and at 5'11" my hand is two feet short of touching the same ceiling. I don't go around hollering giant or conspiracy!

We are not the only country in the world or is the Smithsonian the only museum in the world. Where is all the documentation on anybody that is of truly exceptional size; where are the skeletons? The Smithsonian could not possibly destroy all the evidence in the world or would it have.

My question is why would the Smithsonian or any other museum want to hide the existence of extra huge skeletons that might be from aliens if they really did exist? What could they possibly gain from doing so? Seems much easier to put it out there and let science figure it out over time. And as you pointed out that a grand world wide conspiracy on these skeletons would be impossible to pull off even if they wanted to.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:30 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
My question is why would the Smithsonian or any other museum want to hide the existence of extra huge skeletons that might be from aliens if they really did exist? What could they possibly gain from doing so? Seems much easier to put it out there and let science figure it out over time. And as you pointed out that a grand world wide conspiracy on these skeletons would be impossible to pull off even if they wanted to.
Well, we are taught the same world history growing up, if suddenly all this was thrown into doubt, I can see how that would cause some major problems.

I dont think it was difficult for them to 'pull this conspiracy off'...its in their best interest that the public NOT know these things, if you can control what history is being taught, thats pretty easy to pull off actually

Old 03-19-2019, 03:07 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, we are taught the same world history growing up, if suddenly all this was thrown into doubt, I can see how that would cause some major problems.

I dont think it was difficult for them to 'pull this conspiracy off'...its in their best interest that the public NOT know these things, if you can control what history is being taught, thats pretty easy to pull off actually
What kind of background or indoctrination does a person need to go through to come up with this kind of thought pattern?

Old 03-19-2019, 03:23 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,261,146 times
Wasn't Lincoln just a tall, thin guy? It happens; watch a basketball game.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:06 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
See; that is where I have to question. The Smithsonian does not control the whole world. Many museums compete for the best displays that bring the most visitors. Many countries would relish the idea that they are decedents of giants or a superior race. I just cannot see a world wide conspiracy.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:26 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
See; that is where I have to question. The Smithsonian does not control the whole world. Many museums compete for the best displays that bring the most visitors. Many countries would relish the idea that they are decedents of giants or a superior race. I just cannot see a world wide conspiracy.
The story that some want to believe was a intentional fake story created by the World News Daily Report.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/smith...man-skeletons/

It was done as a joke but lots of gullible people believed it. Of course if one is obsessed with conspiracies they will believe the WNDR is part of the conspiracy. However the American Institution of Alternative Archeology referenced in the OP's thread does not exist and there was no Supreme court ruling against the Smithsonian that I could find anywhere except for those copying the WNDR story. If you read the story there are no details of the case at all, no dates, no case name, nothing.

I ask anyone who believes that the Supreme Court case is real and the Smithsonian really destroyed the bones to show the date and ruling details. That is all public record if it happened.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-19-2019 at 08:45 AM..

Old 03-19-2019, 09:08 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
I think the subtext in all of this is: the Biblical accounts in the Pentateuch are to be read as literal history [and/or as support for ancient aliens meddling in our history], and [name your conspirators: government | Illuminati | the Vatican] don't want us to know it because the knowledge would [choose one or more: destabilize society | demonstrate that science is bunk | destroy today's religions].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal