Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 03:13 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,603,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
There's a guy in Russia who's just over 8 feet tall, and he seems to get around pretty well. But he is HUGE.
Would you mind posting a reference link? From what I can find, there are (and have been) some tall Russians current;y alive, but in the neighborhood of around 7 feet 8.5 inches in height. There was one Russian who was 7 feet 10 inches tall, but he passed away in 2012 at the age of 53. That's quite tall, but it's not over 8 feet tall as you indicate.

Historically, there have been people well over 8 feet tall. Robert Wadlow (in the US) was almost 9 feet tall. Sultan Kosen (still living) in Turkey, is 8 feet 2.5 inches tall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 12:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,467,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Can you imagine the bone and muscle size required for a 30 foot, or even 25 foot, human? They would be tremendous, something near some of the larger dinosaurs. The elephant is the largest land creature now, and look how slow they are and how huge their bones are. I suppose the earth could have had less gravity at one time ....

There's a guy in Russia who's just over 8 feet tall, and he seems to get around pretty well. But he is HUGE.

I'm willing to believe there may have been races of giants in the past, but nowhere near 30 feet tall. I can't imagine there being a government conspiracy to cover up their existence though ... why would they?
If they conflicted with the 'standard world history' we are all taught from a young age...who knows what their reasons are. They have done the same thing with dragons, you can read all kinds of historical encounters, where people saw creatures that we would define as a dragon, yet we are told they are myth and never existed...why the secrecy, they dont exist now?

Its not really that big a deal to me, the way I look at it...so what, there were 25-30ft giants that existed at one time, they dont exist now, so (shrugs), big deal.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:11 AM

29,914 posts, read 11,503,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its not really that big a deal to me, the way I look at it...so what, there were 25-30ft giants that existed at one time, they dont exist now, so (shrugs), big deal.

I agree that if there were giants in the past big deal. We find new species all the time. So it goes back to the question as to why someone would think that the Smithsonian would go to such great lengths to hide such a thing. I don't see why the would and certainly don't think they could pull it off.

The other issue as someone else here pointed out here is how something 25 feet tall would be able to walk upright with similar bone structure. As one who follows the NBA and is aware of most of the 7 foot or taller players the taller one gets and broken bones, knee injuries as well as back problems get more pronounced. And these are people a foot or so taller than average. People over 8' have even more mobility issues just two feet over average and you are talking another 20 feet or more. They would weigh probably 1,000 pounds or more? Look at large morbidly obese people near that weight. Most cannot even get out of bed. Something that size would have to walk on all fours. As does anything else that big.

And if you still say they existed, fine. Find the bones and get them tested.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:27 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,038,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We are not the only country in the world or is the Smithsonian the only museum in the world. Where is all the documentation on anybody that is of truly exceptional size; where are the skeletons? The Smithsonian could not possibly destroy all the evidence in the world or would it have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
My question is why would the Smithsonian or any other museum want to hide the existence of extra huge skeletons that might be from aliens if they really did exist? What could they possibly gain from doing so? Seems much easier to put it out there and let science figure it out over time. And as you pointed out that a grand world wide conspiracy on these skeletons would be impossible to pull off even if they wanted to.
How would I know why the Smithsonian is conducting themselves this way? And why would giant skeletons be evidence of aliens? All I know is that the Smithsonian categorically denies any involvement or knowledge of remains found that are incongruent with both the average physical growth & development of modern Native Americans & known anthropology. And the documentation that claims the very opposite to be true; is their own:

From page 362 of the Twelfth Annual Report from the Bureau of Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian, in re Roane County, Tennessee:

Quote:
Underneath [a] layer of shells the earth was very dark and appeared to be mixed with vegetable mold to the depth of 1 foot. At the bottom of this, resting on the original surface of the ground, was a very large skeleton lying horizontally at full length. Although very soft, the bones were sufficiently distinct to allow of careful measurement before attempting to remove them. The length from the base of the skull to the bones of the toes was found to be 7 feet 3 inches. It is probable, therefore, that this individual when living was fully 7½ feet high.
From page 115 of the same in re Dunlieth, Illinois:

Quote:
“Near the original surface, 10 or 12 feet from the center, on the lower side, lying at full length on its back, was one of the largest skeletons discovered by the Bureau agents, the length as proved by actual measurement being between 7 and 8 feet. It was clearly traceable, but crumbled to pieces immediately after removal from the hard earth in which it was encased….â€
Page 711:

Quote:
What is here affirmed, and what, it is believed, can be successfully maintained by reference to and inspection of the articles, is, that many of them, found in mounds as well as ancient graves, have been made from sheets of copper so uniform and even as to forbid the belief that they were hammered out with the rude implements possessed by the mound-builders of pre-Columbian times.
https://ia801405.us.archive.org/31/i...901891smit.pdf

So you may not believe that giant skeletons were found & you may not believe that tall people with advanced metallurgical skills were found either but you should at least acknowledge that there are discrepancies between what the Smithsonian said in 1884 & what they say today.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:03 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,909,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
How would I know why the Smithsonian is conducting themselves this way? And why would giant skeletons be evidence of aliens? All I know is that the Smithsonian categorically denies any involvement or knowledge of remains found that are incongruent with both the average physical growth & development of modern Native Americans & known anthropology. And the documentation that claims the very opposite to be true; is their own:

From page 362 of the Twelfth Annual Report from the Bureau of Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian, in re Roane County, Tennessee:
That report is saying they found a couple of very large skeletons, one 7 feet 3 inches, the other "between 7 and 8 feet". Those heights are unusual but within the normal range of heights you see in human beings.

What the report isn't saying is that there was a whole tribe that was over seven feet high on the average. I don't know if a report was cited earlier in the thread showing that the Smithsonian denies there were any reports by the Bureau of Ethnology of very large skeleton finds, or whether they denied claims from articles in the popular press of huge skeletons. That's two different things.

Regarding the quality of the hammered copper sheets - well, that's a value judgement on the part of the Bureau member writing the report. I'm not sure what you think it's implying in the context of the large skeletons.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:51 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,552,712 times
We are the aliens. Because homo sapiens today have only been on this planet for less than 40,000 years.

There's no other specie on this planet that evolved into modern homo sapiens.

I can debate with anyone who thinks we evolved from monkeys or apes.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There's no other specie on this planet that evolved into modern homo sapiens.
No there isn't, because the species that evolved into us are all extinct.

Quote:
I can debate with anyone who thinks we evolved from monkeys or apes.
No one claims that we descended from monkeys or apes, including believers in evolution like myself. We descended from upright-walking hominids - and except for us, all the other hominid species are extinct (unless it turns out orang pendek represents a relic population of homo floriensis or a close relative).

Read this guy's books for another perspective other than whatever the likes of the Institute for Creation Research are pumping out these days: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_R._Miller

Old 04-20-2019, 02:01 AM

6,907 posts, read 6,813,978 times
I said...
Quote:
Some of these elongated skulls found in Peru and other places have red hair still attached so that matches the legends. I think there are too many stories told across the globe of finding giant bones and these cannot all be hoaxes, although there are always some people who will make up stuff to gain attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth
Those are elongated skulls, intentionally deformed in infancy, not the skulls of giants. Skull deformation was popular in various parts o Latin America, including among the Maya. It's not evidence of giants.
Anyone who believes this does not take into account the fact that many races do NOT have red hair, they have black hair. Red hair is very rarely found in Asian and South American countries so where would these skeletons get their red hair from?

Oh.. maybe it is the natural black hair interacting with the chemicals or minerals from the ground they were buried in which makes it appear red or ginger.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Oh.. maybe it is the natural black hair interacting with the chemicals or minerals from the ground they were buried in which makes it appear red or ginger.
More on this:

https://interactive.archaeology.org/...ield/hair.html

Old 06-19-2019, 01:45 AM

6,907 posts, read 6,813,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily
Regarding the quality of the hammered copper sheets - well, that's a value judgement on the part of the Bureau member writing the report.
Why you do this? I would think it is highly unlikely that they will be using someone just out of High School and they are more probably using someone who is qualified to make scientific investigation and reports.

'value judgements' by 'experts' are what we use to fuel our beliefs - are they not? Now you are pouring doubt on someone who you neither know nor have any idea what his/her qualification or credentials are. Thats just plain unfair of you.

Copper or metal working is a sign of development and when something is out-of-place for the period it is unusual. That means it is worth mentioning. You dont need a science degree to see fairly easily if a piece of copper has been hammered or rolled, particularly when it comes from a period when the only tools they had to work metals with have been found previously in digs from that time period.

======================

The book by Paul Stonehill - Russia's USO Secrets - Unidentified Submersible Objects in Russian and International Waters gives examples of many Russian discoveries of giants of 3m and above - about 10'6" tall. I realise this book is supposed to be about undersea UFOs but it goes into other things which have been discovered in Russia and reported in their newspapers and briefings. Since the UFOs and USOs are still relatively secret there, it is from books in Russian and retired military people that Paul Stonehill gets his information. Actually, he appears in the latest Ancient Aliens series 14 and sounds Russian himself. Anyway, interesting book.

=======================

Red or ginger hair changed by the chemicals in the ground are unlikly to effect all of the hair so where there are patches of red/ginger along the hair, then that might be the case as you suggest, but when the whole head has this colour hair, it is likely the person actually did have genuine red/ginger hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal