U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 12:43 AM

9,578 posts, read 2,431,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Just been reading the book The Day After Roswell by Philip Corso, & William J. Birnes and it is an account if how, when he worked for the military, some of the Roswell items were introduced into industry without anyone realising it. Even the CIA and KGB did not realise what they were doing to weaponise these recovered items into the military. Very interesting book and tells us a lot about the Roswell crash too.

Since he was a Colonel it is likely he is either telling the truth or what truth 'they' want us to believe. Which you believe is up to you when you read the book.
The Invention Secrecy Act was created in 1951 too, thats pretty coincidental timing for such a thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 09:18 AM

3,264 posts, read 1,519,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Just been reading the book The Day After Roswell by Philip Corso, & William J. Birnes and it is an account if how, when he worked for the military, some of the Roswell items were introduced into industry without anyone realising it. Even the CIA and KGB did not realise what they were doing to weaponise these recovered items into the military. Very interesting book and tells us a lot about the Roswell crash too.

Since he was a Colonel it is likely he is either telling the truth or what truth 'they' want us to believe. Which you believe is up to you when you read the book.
Being a colonel doesn't make him more honest. Honestly, I think Corso just had delusions of grandeur. He didn't strike me as being all that truthful. Pretty sure he was only a Lt. Colonel, not a bird colonel.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:38 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,161,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Being a colonel doesn't make him more honest. Honestly, I think Corso just had delusions of grandeur. He didn't strike me as being all that truthful. Pretty sure he was only a Lt. Colonel, not a bird colonel.
Of course, anyone can lie, cheat, and be a generally bad person but what makes you want to question his integrity? Maybe it is just because you want to cast doubt on his story which is a classic way to discredit someone.

OK, lets examine exactly WHAT - for you - makes someone more believable shall we?

Normally, as I understand it, it is what 'authority' people have. I guess that means their honesty, integrity, training, their status in society, their reputation, their knowledge, skill, etc (examples are classically supposed to be teachers, lawyers, doctors, etc)

So, what is it for you then and why do you question this military man's reputation?

Old Today, 04:59 PM

4,505 posts, read 3,602,457 times
Quote:
Yep, he was a lieutenant colonel. A lot of questions have been raised about his claims, and the fact that he exaggerated his military record for his book for me is a big red flag that makes me question his motives and integrity.

https://www.theblackvault.com/casefi...ilip-j-corso/#
Corso Documents
PHILIP J. CORSO'S US ARMY OFFICER QUALIFICATION RECORD (DA FORM 66)
A Different Perspective: Philip Corso and The Day After Roswell, Again
Stanton Friedman - Book Reviews: The Day After Roswell

Old Today, 05:17 PM

177 posts, read 46,791 times
I remember watching Unsolved Mysteries when they re-enacted the Roswell crash. I remember seeing the metallic paper that went back to its original shape.

Old Today, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Yep, he was a lieutenant colonel. A lot of questions have been raised about his claims, and the fact that he exaggerated his military record for his book for me is a big red flag that makes me question his motives and integrity.

https://www.theblackvault.com/casefi...ilip-j-corso/#
Corso Documents
PHILIP J. CORSO'S US ARMY OFFICER QUALIFICATION RECORD (DA FORM 66)
A Different Perspective: Philip Corso and The Day After Roswell, Again
Stanton Friedman - Book Reviews: The Day After Roswell
Correct, and it's just another example of him exaggerating his career. It's common for a Lt Colonel to be verbally referred to as "Col so-and-so", but it's not common to see it in writing ... in fact, I'd consider it unethical (I was a reserve Naval officer and the same situation exists with Lt Commander and Commander). The dust jacket on Corso's book clearly says "Colonel".

Other than articles such as you linked, I can't really say what makes me skeptical of him (other than his outlandish claims that I do not believe). His video interview just gave me the willies, so to speak. He might have been a little more believable if his claims weren't so wild.

I've been reading a lot of the FOIA material, mostly letters, about the "Rockefeller Initiative", thanks to a link to the Paradigm Research Org that was posted here on the forum. Apparently in research into what happened at Roswell, in response to Rep. Schiff's request, there were nothing to find in the late '40s-early '50s Army Air Force files. There could be two reasons: 1) It was never viewed as being important enough to warrant any official mention, or 2) the files were destroyed, which would indicate a government coverup. Apparently the only file that could be found was an FBI entry that referred to a "hexagonal disc suspended by a cable from a balloon". So who knows?

Old Today, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappleApple View Post
I remember watching Unsolved Mysteries when they re-enacted the Roswell crash. I remember seeing the metallic paper that went back to its original shape.
Maybe they just ran the film/video backward?

Old Today, 07:48 PM

Regarding Corso, once again on the Paridigm Research site, they have a page with many, many media articles about the UFO subject in general.

There's one, from the October 2000 Florida Today, that mentions that Corso claims to have been abducted by aliens, and more than once. Take from that what you will, but I don't think it exactly adds to his credibility.

Take a look. It's the 3rd article down: https://www.paradigmresearchgroup.or...11-23-97%20NYP

There are enough articles in that link to keep a person reading for days.

Old Today, 08:36 PM

4,505 posts, read 3,602,457 times
Quote:
There's one, from the October 2000 Florida Today, that mentions that Corso claims to have been abducted by aliens, and more than once. Take from that what you will, but I don't think it exactly adds to his credibility.
The other thing that occurs to me is -- delusions sometimes accompany dementia, heart attacks, or strokes in older adults, and I wonder if his distortions were the product of disease rather than an attempt to mislead. He did die of heart disease.

Old Today, 10:01 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,161,632 times
OK, then consider this.

Q: Is it likely that any wreckage from Roswell would have been used for military development and gain?

Ans: Yes, probably IF Roswell was an alien UFO as claimed by many people (not just Corso).

Q: Is it likely that the bits & pieces would be introduced into already-running research projects to hide the jump in technology (as it suggests in the Corso book) ?

Ans: Yes, that would possibly avoid other agencies/countries being aware of the alien bits & pieces. At that time after the war the Russians and others were also trying to get ahead of the game by using their German scientists they had obtained from Germany, just like the US was. Any alien crash wreckage would have been a target for many other groups doing this kind of research.

To me, Corso's book makes sense in that setting of the time. Because I believe Roswell WAS a UFO crash, I think it makes Corso's book more likely to be reporting the actual events (maybe with embellishments perhaps?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or