U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 03:26 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,161,632 times

Advertisements

You all remember the reported Roswell story told by Major Jessie Marcell Jr about the material his father showed him which was super-thin and if you crumpled it up, it would just return to the original shape?

Well, it seems like we humans have back-engineered those properties and come up with Nitinol.

Quote:
Nitinol is a trade name for nickel titanium, a metal alloy with some extremely unusual (and important) properties. Nitinol is often used in the medical industry, but it has other applications.

The weird thing about this metal is that it’s almost like the liquid metal featured in the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day in that it can always return to its original shape. Nitinol has superelasticity, or a memory for its original form.

So if you make an object out of nitinol and then bend it completely out of whack, it’ll automatically crawl and form back into its original shape before your eyes (aka pseudoelasticity). These shape memory properties make it both fun and practical.[6]

Stents are a great application as nitinol can bend within the human body when needed, has the durability of a metal, and can return to its original form every single time after the force which causes it to warp is released. Nitinol’s bending, shape-shifting properties are activated by heat. At some temperatures, it will bend out of its original state. At others, it will return to its original state.

This temperature difference can be controlled within 1 degree Celsius (1.8 °F). From algae that remembers the light shined upon it to nitinol which always remembers its original shape and returns to it under the right conditions, materials with a “memory” are definitely fascinating and weird.
So, now tell me that Roswell was all about a weather balloon and not a crashed ET craft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 04:16 AM

5,093 posts, read 3,190,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, now tell me that Roswell was all about a weather balloon and not a crashed ET craft.
Roswell was all about a weather balloon and not a crashed ET craft!

While Nitinol is amazing and what not, it wasn't "back-engineered" from alien technology. There's lots of discoveries that have already been made in the past and more that will be made in the future that would have seemed like science fiction at one point in time. It doesn't mean it came from aliens.

I do remember the report about the super-thin material from the Roswell crash site. The thing about nitionol is that you need to heat it and get it above its "transformation temperature" for it to go back to its original form. The supposed Roswell stuff was at ambient temperature, two different things.

Last edited by cjseliga; 03-16-2019 at 04:31 AM..

Old 03-16-2019, 04:32 AM

9,486 posts, read 10,733,214 times
The Army Air Corps released the story of the crash shortly after it happened. Then they received orders to deny it. It strains reason to believe that men who continually worked with weather balloons could suddenly lose their ability to identify them.

Roswell "Memory Metal" in the News - Dr. Michael Heiser

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 03-16-2019 at 04:43 AM..

Old 03-16-2019, 09:22 AM

9,579 posts, read 2,431,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The Army Air Corps released the story of the crash shortly after it happened. Then they received orders to deny it. It strains reason to believe that men who continually worked with weather balloons could suddenly lose their ability to identify them.

Roswell "Memory Metal" in the News - Dr. Michael Heiser
Yep, the first newspaper article had it right all along!

Ya know, Ive read alot on the 'Invention Secrecy Act' of 1951...its always been interesting to me, the year that was enacted!! Strange that around that time, they would have felt the need to create such a law!

Old 03-16-2019, 11:33 AM

12,530 posts, read 8,483,685 times
There were several locals on the scene of the Roswell incident that had already gone home and told others about it including the local papers. They were later identified and threatened by officials. The only real reason they continue to paint the false narrative that it was a weather balloon because the church and religious folks would go nuts.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:52 AM

Not to make this political, but they must be keeping everything and anything related to aliens away from the current president, because you know and I know he would have sent out hundreds of tweets about it by now!

Getting back to the topic, when I read that report about this super-thin material that can return to its original state after being crumpled, I always thought the material might look like the stuff that they use to make those emergency thermal blankets, very thin and very shinny, obviously those blankets don't have the same properties as the supposed item found at Roswell, but texture-wise that's what I envisioned.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:53 AM

1,145 posts, read 357,986 times
Whatever.

At least if it weren't for Nitinol I couldn't doze off and fall asleep with my glasses on and not worry about waking up to find the frames broken ($$$!!) or badly deformed. Those little green men at the Naval Ordnance Lab were really onto something. Na-nu na-nu, ten hut!

Old 03-16-2019, 03:06 PM

18,134 posts, read 23,215,639 times
religious people would go nuts??

if aliens exist jesus does not??

ive never made that connection.

its an infinite universe …..I believe many earths are out there and other planets with aliens on them...

Old 03-16-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
While I believe in neither, I can see a world where both could exist and are not mutually exclusive!

Old 03-16-2019, 05:14 PM

2,502 posts, read 1,759,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
religious people would go nuts??

ive never made that connection.

its an infinite universe …..I believe many earths are out there and other planets with aliens on them...
Read Bible passages in the context that angels are aliens. Like the 'cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night' -- (think jet aircraft). It is pretty interesting actually. I prefer to keep all options open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or