Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 01:07 AM

8,543 posts, read 10,962,618 times

Advertisements

What I am about to tell the members of this forum is what I have learned through years of research and actual contact with spirits.
This is going to be a long read, so bear with me.

Many will cast the information aside, without a second thought(that is expected).
To those with an interest in knowing what lies ahead, and their present lives, it is my intention to forward what I have learned, and let you be the judge.

To begin, my involvement in this subject of spirits, spiritualism, and the human existence we live everyday, came about when my partner passed 26 years ago.
I had not one bit of interest in this subject until shortly after he died.
By an innocent gathering at my house one night, three months after he passed, I was introduced to what, at that time I would call, the world of the unknown.

Many of us go about our daily lives never giving any thought to a life beyond the one we are experiencing presently.
I know I didn't.

At this house gathering were friends that were associated with both me and my deceased partner.
One of the guest asked me if I had ever considered the possibility of an afterlife.
To be honest, it never entered my mind, and at that time in my life, I had no thoughts about it, one way or another.
My friend suggested I go to the book store, and purchase a book titled, "Life after Life", by Raymond Moody.
I did that the following morning, and as well purchased another book authored by him, "Life after Death".
Little did I know, that one exercise of going to that bookstore was about to change my life forever.

Completely engrossed in the book, I couldn't put it down.
It was like a magnet, drawing me to it's every word.
I was in complete awe that this information was in print.
I wondered could this be so?
The author had documented many events that people who he interview had experienced.
I finished the first book in two days, and wanted to see if things were the same, or more enlightened in the second book, "life after Death".
Many of the incidents in the first book , were duplicated in the second, with one very huge difference.

Half way through Life after Death, Moody mentions an experiment in something called EVP.
He went on mentioning the process, and posted the name of a woman who was a pioneer in the field of EVP.
For those unfamiliar with the term, it stands for Electronic Voice Phenomenon.
The process involves recording voices of those who have passed on.
The woman he mentioned lived in a place called Severna Park Maryland.
To say I was intrigued at this information presented by this author, would be an understatement.
In his description of the process he also mentioned the basic equipment for one who would be interested in experimenting with EVP.

The following morning, I headed out to my local electronics store to purchase a recorder, and microphone.
Nothing fancy, just basic, wondering all the while, could this actually happen?

It took me a week of recording before I had my first contact.
It absolutely blew me away.
This female spirit was pleading for help.
She kept repeating, "Help me, please help me", over and over.
Actually I was in no position to help her.
This was all new to me, but on a whim, I decided I would try to get some help and information about this spirit asking for help.

I had nothing more than a name, and town for this pioneer woman involved with EVP, mentioned in the book.
Bear in mind this is long before cell phones.
I dialed directory assistance, gave her name and town, and lo and behold she had a published telephone number.
I called her, introduced myself, and she was extremely happy that I contacted her.
Her name was Sarah Estep.( you can google her name, tons of information)

We had a long conversation, and she explained that the female spirit was in limbo.
When she had to leave the body she was incarnated into because of death, she could not find her way back to the world of spirits.
She wanted to return to the human existence, but again, had no way of returning, and was asking me for help.
Sarah explained a lot to me in that conversation, and in future conversations, again, she was extremely helpful.

In one of our conversation she suggested "The Spirits' Book, by Alan Kardec.
To this day, this book is the most informative I have ever experienced, in all the research, and publications I have read.
It was , for the most part, "written" by the spirits themselves, through automatic writing, and the use of mediums.
I highly suggest people interested in the subject of spirits, and paranormal events, read this book.
It is on goggle as a free download in PDF format.

As I stated earlier, I involved myself often in EVP, and I was fortunate to contact my deceased partner many times over the years, as well as many other spirits.
My knowledge comes from actually talking and listening to what these spirits have to say.

Just some of the many issues I have learned:
Spirits know a life from conception to death, before choosing to incarnate into a particular being.
Spirits have a supreme power of mental telepathy.(I will explain an event later on regarding this very quality, that involved me).

Spirits use beings for the sole purpose of enriching their own being.
In humans, it has many events and issues that serve as a learning experience for the spirit.
The ultimate goal for most(not all) spirits is to reach ultimate purity, that will enable them to sit next to the creator of all, for eternity.

Only the purest of pure will ever reside next to the creator.
In this quest for purity, spirits may go through hundreds, if not thousands of incarnations, hoping to better themselves, and reach that ultimate goal.

Along the way, many slip and fall(fail if you will).
That failure makes itself known in the life we humans live.
If we fail, the spirit has failed, and the spirit is aware that sometimes change is necessary.
Sometimes a spirit in an act of penance will incarnate into a being that it knows ahead of time will serve to show elder spirits, and the creator that it is sorry for the life it had before, and wants to make amends, by incarnating into a body that more than likely will have a serious affliction for it's entire life.
The spirit, knowing this, will incarnate willingly.

Before I became aware of this fact about willingly incarnating into an afflicted body, I really had pity on people I would see with some physical, or mental disability.
I know longer have pity on them, it has been replaced with a feeling of praise, for the spirit within them.
The spirit is seeking penance, and that is a good thing.
As humans we naturally feel sympathy for these kinds of people, but if you know the reasons behind the affliction, you have a better understanding why it happens.

Spirits have also taught me , to some degree what life is like on the other side.
Sometime we find ourselves asking, "just where do these spirits exist"?
I have asked that question more than once, and the answers are usually close to the answer all have given me.
Spirits (unless it is an elder spirit, are not allowed to divulge much about their world,except to say it is "peaceful:","restful", "beautiful".
When questioned further, the answer is usually "We are everywhere".
"We can be close to you, or on some distant world".
"We are where we are needed".
In short, they are everywhere in the universe.
The universe is their world.

Now, let's cover another issue.
Do you question sometimes why a particular human is either very good, and caring, while others are mean, and will possibly turn to things against the law, such as murder, robbery, rape etc?
The answer to that can be given in one short sentence.
Spirits have good and bad among them, just as in our human existence, after all, we are the embodiment of the spirit within us.
When an evil spirit incarnates into a human (and that happens often) that human will be evil as well.
Remember I said early on, we humans are but a tool, and reflection of the spirit incarnated into each of us.
The evil ones are usually a young spirit that has many, many lives of learning ahead of it.
Young spirits, like young humans feel no responsibility, or the need to enhance their existence.
Like young humans, they need to be educated, and in their case, that could take many re-incarnations, and lifetimes.

I stated earlier that I had an incident involving a spirit's ability at mental telepathy.
One evening a few years ago, while taping, I played the tape back to see if I had made contact with any one, and I heard this woman asking, "Is that you Robert".
I was stunned, knowing the only one I knew(especially female) that called me by my given name, was my mother.
I need to interject her and state my family was a loving family, but we were all raised to be independent of one another.
I didn't hang with my siblings, and they were busy with their friends.
We were not a dysfunctional family, just very independent of one another.
When I moved to California, mom and dad visited about every five years, we were not close, and again, it was the independence instilled into us as children.

So when I heard this voice asking was that me, I thought my mother had passed, and no one in the family told me.
It was late, so I decided to call back east the next morning.
My dad answered the phone, and told me "mom is out shopping".
I did not mention the tape, or that I was even involved in taping.
He told me he would tell her I called, and she would call me.
That was the last time I talked to my dad, and his last words before hanging up the phone were, "I love you son".(those were the last words he ever spoke to me.
He passed shortly after that call.)

Now, I was really confused, who was the spirit if it wasn't my mother?
I tried later that day, with success, to reach that female spirit once again.
I knew it was not my mother, but wanted to find what this was all about.
I began asking question, as though it were the spirit on my mother.
I asked, "when did you die"?
"What funeral home were you interned from"
" How did the family dress you for your funeral."
To all those questions, the spirit gave the answers I would expect, except it went into detail as to what my mother was wearing for her funeral.
The spirit stated "Carol(my sister) dressed me in a beige dress with a turquoise corsage."
My mother did call me, and no mention of my taping. She was happy to hear from me.
WE ended with a promise to keep better in touch.
Two years later, my mom passed.
I did not attend the funeral, and called my sister after the funeral to learn more about what happened.

Mom died of cancer, and was buried from the funeral home, exactly as that spirit had told me two years before.
Carol stated on the phone" she looked fine, and at rest".
" I dressed her in a beige dress and turquoise corsage, that seemed fitting for her.".
I was blown away, remembering what that female spirit had told me earlier, before my mother actually passed.

I called Sarah, and she explained it fully.
The spirit that posed as my mother was another one in limbo, and use her telepathy as a means to come back to the earthly plain, which of course it couldn't.
The same telepathy was used that a spirit contemplating a re-incarnation would use before incarnating.

I sit back, wondering just how much more I am going to be fortunate to learn concerning spirits.

At my advanced age, it won't be too many years before I will know, and join those on the other side, and to be completely honest, I look forward to it.
I don't have some sort of death wish, but I count myself among the very fortunate in knowing more about what to expect than most people.
There is much more that I can say about spirits, and their existence, but this post is long enough.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 01:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Very interesting! Ive read a few things here and there on EVP in the past, but your post has me more interested in trying it now!

I remember talking to a lady I know who was very 'spiritually open' years ago, I know you didnt mention this in your post, but she said something once about being able to tap into non-human spirits as well, I believe she was referring to beings who lived elsewhere in the universe (whether you call them inter-dimensional or extraterrestrial).

Its stand to reason, if humans die and go into this spirit realm, other beings probably do as well, and according to her, we ALL go to the same place.

Im curious what your thoughts on this are or if you even have any opinion, or if you have ever made contact with a spirit that claimed to be something other than human?

To be honest though, this lady was the grandmother of a girl I hung around with years ago, and we got to talking more and more, she was interested in the same kinds of things as I was (UFOs, aliens, demons, spirits, afterlife, etc), She may have been talking about a type of remote viewing or astral projection/travel, instead of EVP, its been so many years though, I cannot recall exactly, I have heard of people remote viewing 'other worlds' though).

Old 03-20-2019, 08:52 AM

63 posts, read 9,682 times
A very good interesting thread!!

I love Spirits and dont know why some call them GHOSTS ... They really dont like that I dont think....

Please Calguy feel free to share more

Old 03-20-2019, 09:18 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,551,825 times
I'd love to read it Calguy. Could you post a link to the pdf file? I can't find it.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
I'd love to read it Calguy. Could you post a link to the pdf file? I can't find it.
This is the link to the free download in PDF format.

http://ssbaltimore.org/resources/e-b...irits-book.pdf

Bob.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:31 PM

For those of you who may be interested enough with EVP, to try it yourselves, I will give you the process, and tell of the equipment you will need.

Times have changed since I experimented with EVP, and though I have never tried it, or know of any one having positive results, digital recording seems to be the method of choice presently.
I can't vouch for it's worthiness, as I have not seen, or heard of positive results with a digital recorder.
The system I used (no longer, and I will get to that further on) was a duel cassette recorder(single would have been fine).

Besides the recorder, you will need an exterior electronic receiver.
This could be a radio, tv, computer etc.
A microphone, and a good set of headphones, that can weed out background noise.
I would stay away from the common earbuds being used on most electronic devices today.

Sarah Estep used a reel to reel recorder, but at the time my budget wouldn't allow it.
If you use a reel to reel device, I believe that would be much better.
Which ever of the two you decide to use, the basic principle is the same.

Now how to set up the system, and why it is necessary.
The exterior electronic device (I used a standard am radio) is in close proximity to the recorder, however it is not connected in any way to the recorder
The device is turned on, and set to a station that is not broadcasting.
The same would apply to a tv set, and if using a computer, just turned on, but not connected to a browser,
Volume on what ever device you use, should be turned down to it's lowest point.
Connect the recorder to and outlet in the room, connect the headset and mike, and you are ready to start a recording session.

When I embarked on a recording session, two things were paramount before starting.
One was being in a quiet place in the house where nothing would disturb the session.
No outside interference from any source., and second, a short prayer that only good spirits would enter the recording session.

Now you are ready to see what results you can have at recording.
Press record, and begin with, first off, state your name,"This is__________ and I wish to contact any one in the spirit world who is wiling to come through and talk to me".
"I seek your co-operation to help me in reaching you".

" Once again, my name is __________, and I would like to speak with any spirit who wishes to communicate with me".

Now, stop the tape, rewind, and listen for a response.

At this point I need to explain the process, before you resume taping.

The purpose of the external electronic device it it acts as a receiver for the voices.
I would assume magnetically the voice is transmitted from the electronic device to the recording tape.
Remember, these two devices are not connected to one another in any way,
You will not hear an answer to your question, or comments until the tape is rewound, and played back.
If there is an answer what you will hear on playback is, you speaking, then the answer from the spirit.
Bear in mind, that in most cases(there are exceptions, and I'll get into that later) the voice will be extremely faint, and you may need to replay the tape to hear what is being said.

If I had to describe what you hear through the headset, it would be like you are talking to someone at the end of a very long hallway, and the voice sounds more like an echo .
A playback of the tape will help in hearing what was actually said.
The normal reaction you feel is, "I think I heard something, but not sure".
Once your ears get accustomed to listening, the words become much clearer, because you will know "how to listen", and what to listen for.

Once in a while, you may hear a voice come over the radio, tv etc loud and clear.
This happens as a result of the voice being transmitted through the radio, ty etc before reaching the tape.
It only happened once in my communications, and again, I will explain that in a bit

Now, when you ask a question while recording, wait about 15 seconds before repeating it, or asking another question.
This allows time for a response. After about a minute, rewind the tape and listen for a response.
I can't say you will be successful on your first taping attempt, but it is possible.
I got no response for five days, then made my first contact.
In all my taping sessions, I kept a written log of what spirit(gave me their given name, if they gave it), what I heard, and how long the response(s) lasted.

As Sarah Estep explains on her web site, voices have categories as to the clarity of the voice, depending how loud it was, and clearness of the words spoken.
I believe "A" was the best.

In a conversation with Sarah one evening she explained that spirits communicate using energy, and on occasion they tire from long conversation.

With that knowledge one night, In a session with my deceased partner, I asked if he were tired, and wanted to stop communicating for the evening.
His reply startled me, because I was not expecting it.
As I stated, normally I heard the voice through the headset, but this time it came through the radio loud and clear, as though he were sitting next to me,
It was still being recorded, but I did not have to play the tape back to hear it.
He spoke clearly, and purposely, "Bobby, I would like to rest".

This brings me to another event I want to share with you, having to do with that particular tape.

I saved all my tapes, and had them in my wall safe.
One night I invited some friends over for a small get -together.
None of them knew I was involved in EVP, and I never talked about it with any of them.
I decided I wanted them to hear"something" and wanted them to tell me what they heard.
I played the tape for them.
It was the tape of my deceased partner( his name was "J.R.", and all knew him by that.)
After the tape played, all agreed, "it sounds like JR saying he wants to rest".

One asked, "what the hell is that all about"?
Then I told them it was indeed JR, and was recorder three months after he died.
They had all heard it loud and clear.
Some in disbelief that it could actually happen, and the one who was at the first house gathering who questioned me about my belief in an after life, absolutely ecstatic at what I was able to do.
Later that evening I returned the tape back into the safe.

Two months later I opened the safe to get the tape to play it, and it was gone.
All the other tapes were there, except the one in question.
I live alone, and no one except me, has access to the safe.
No one even knew I had it.
I checked, and re-checked, and it was missing.

That tape never surfaced , but I did find out what happened to it, and why.
In a subsequent taping session with JR, he disclosed he removed the tape, and destroyed it.
Unlike any recording session we had, I picked up anger in his words,
His words were intended to teach me a lesson, though I could not understand the reasoning behind them.
"Our communication is not a game".
"You made a game by letting them hear the tape".
"That was wrong Bobby".
We never discussed the tape again.
Once again. it taught me that spirits have more power than we could ever imagine.
They have the power to actually maneuver physical objects.
I can't understand how that is possible, but obviously, it is.

Now, one more thing before submitting this post.

As I grew older, my hearing got to the point that it was difficult to hear, even with the headset on, so I gave up recording.

In the last communication I had with JR while taping, I explained I could no longer hear well during taping, he stated, "you will still hear me".
The communication ended, months passed, and one early evening, I was repairing a small television stand that had a glass door on it for the storage area in the bottom of the stand.

Months before I had removed the door, thinking I could use the stand for something else.
I placed the two hinges, and the accompanying screws in a glass vase on the fireplace mantle.
Now I had decided I would put the stand to good use.
I reached into the vase for the hinges, and only one was there.
I knew I had never taken them out of the vase, there was no reason too.
I remember kneeling on the floor, trying to figure out how I could get the door to work with only one hinge.
These hinges anchored to glass, so they were nothing like a hinge one would find at the local home improvement store.
I tried to figure just how in the hell I could mount one hinge, and still make it work, when I heard JR'S voice speak to me.
"Over here Bobby".
I turned in the direction of the voice, and there on the bed spread were the missing hinge, and two screws that held it.

Somehow, he had located what I was unable to do.
He had done what he said he would do, and that was to make it so I would hear him once again.
I have no idea how he accomplished this , but to this day, we communicate often, and I hear him as though he were close by.
As for that missing hinge, it was not removed and placed on the bed by me, and forgetting I did it.
I emptied the vase in the living room, and there was only one hinge.

I believe we have much to learn form our friends from the other side.

Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 03-20-2019 at 02:45 PM..

Old 03-20-2019, 05:51 PM

577 posts, read 493,108 times
A very good OP CALGUY,

How I became a believer in the supernatural, is a story that would take WAY too many pages of website bandwidth for me to type out. So everyone gets a break here, from these series of novels. So I'll just do one of my mini - novels now.

To the OP, I will say that from what I have learned when back in the 1980's while on my quest for "spiritual" enlightenment, that Bob is very accurate in his writings.

I am a believer in the teachings of Christianity, but I do not live a devout Christian's way of life. And during my studies of the KJV Bible back in the 80s as a 28 y.o. and what I learned while reading it, seems to coincide with what a lot of what Bob has stated in his OP.

In the Christian belief, (using my KJV version Bible here) in order for one to be "saved" they must ask the Lord Jesus (spirit) for his forgiveness, surrender their life to Him, and BELIEVE in Him always and then be baptized.

And my understanding from reading the teachings of Jesus, His most powerful message to people was not to make their physical existence better, but to PREPARE their spirit for eternity. And if not, things may not be so great for their spirit, later on.

And IMO, when one does prepare their soul for the hereafter, when their physical body dies their "soul" (spirit ?) is then released to the other dimensions of time and space, that we humans cannot see. And these well prepared spirits or soul, will then pass on over to the new realm that consists of "pure light and love".

And the spirits that still need to "advance" their state of spirituality will still have more "work" to do, and will then inhabit a new body of transport, a human. Then through living another life cycle in a human, they get to advance. So, some reincarnation in action here maybe ?

And IMO, this world of light and pure love where the refined spirits will be for eternity, may be the one that Jesus was speaking of in the Bible. The same world of light and love that we are to prepare our spirit to go to, before we take our last breath. Just so that our soul or spirit, does not remain earth bound forever.

Because to me, a earth bound spirit would be a very sad thing to be. Can one imagine what it would be like to be a "spirit" living on earth ? To KNOW what is coming next that may be bad or even horrible for the loved ones they left behind ?

To be present while not being seen, to witness all the pain and sufferings their still alive loved ones, will be enduring ? And then watching as a "spirit" unknown to most, all while being powerless to do anything about what they were watching ?

IMO, sometimes when a person speaks of "listening" to their spirit guide or speaks of using their known "spirits " to lead their lives, it may not work out too well for them. Because to those that have power over that person that do not believe in the supernatural realm, they may not be so understanding.

So the person telling of their "spirit" guided life may end up being put in one of those bland designed jackets, that only fasten in the back. And then get to spend some time of rest in a building with all electric door locks on it with round metal bars on the windows. And the care tenders working it in this building, all wear white uniforms .

I have had a few PE's or "supernatural events" already that I did not ask for, and they are hard for me to dismiss or take lightly. Because any time that I use my critical or logical thinking skills, or my deductive reasoning skills to try to make sense of any of my PE's, doing so just frustrates me. As PE's make no sense to the logical thinking person. But this does not in any way make PE's non-existent though, for the people that experienced them..

I do find the EVP topic mentioned now very interesting to read about. But I am one that believes there are more "lost" souls/spirits that inhabit the earth (earth bound), than the refined ones. (IE: see my "whistle" post on my paranormal debate thread)

So I will not indulge my thoughts or actions in any way, to get myself involved in to the "spirit" world. Because when doing so, a person may open themselves up to some "spirit manifestations/influences", they may have been better off by not having pulled "it or them"... in to their lives. All the aforementioned is JMO.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:20 AM

It has been a while since I posted in this forum, and reading older threads, I came across this one, which I wrote a while ago.
I would like to hear from others who have had, or witnessed what most term, "strange events".
Also, if some of you who have read this thread, got involved in EVP, after reading what I wrote about it.
Would like to hear your experiences.

Bob.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:17 PM

464 posts, read 286,524 times
I used to live in an old, rundown hotel that seemed to have a couple spirits...

Seemed like we had a loud one and a quiet one.

The quiet one is the first I encountered, I have always been kind of a night owl, (love to watch those old movies on the late show) and one night about 3 AM I hear sound coming from above, what is a large attic that used to have people living in it until the fire department wouldn't allow it because of the width of the stairs leading up to it.

So the attic has been shut for several years, it is full of junk, has a deadbolt on the door and the windows are covered in cobwebs, (I went up there during the day to do a favor for the landlord)

But anyway, I hear what sounds like pressing or just light footsteps above.

It seemed to always happen late at night, I didn't document it as to time and day and date, etc, and I really didn't jump to the conclusion it was a spirit after that first episode, but it would recur every couple weeks or so.

The spirit would walk above across the room next to me and stop right between our rooms (at first I thought it was my goofy neighbor re-arranging his room in the middle of the night or something) but he said no, he was asleep.

This happened enough times that I would just say, "there's our ghost again, doing the same thing again..."

It was like an "event loop," like a tape playing over and over doing the same exact thing the same way each time.

Later, I went up in the attic again and noticed an old book shelf, and an attic window that was right about where the spirit would stop. (It always came to the same spot, stopped for about 5 minutes and went back... we figured perhaps it was getting a book and going over to the window to read by the light...)

A friend was up in the attic one day clearing out some of the junk for the landlord, he removed the book shelf and that was the last I or anyone had heard that spirit. (Oh, I should have mentioned earlier, it was not only I who had encountered the spirit, there were several as those rooms can change hands frequently... I myself had lived in two different ones on three different occasions.)

So that was the "quiet" one, the other spirit was much more noisy and seemed much more cognizant, but only manifested rarely, maybe once a year according to the person living there now...

I encountered it when I had returned to the town from a year in Boise Idaho, a friend had the room, but moved out and still had a couple weeks rent he had paid, so he let me stay there, at least for a night until I could get myself situated.

So, I'm just laying on the floor, the room is mostly cleared out, just the fridge remained, and late at night, I hear heavy boots stomp (from the attic above again) on the floor, unmistakable heavy-soled boots, like cowboy boots, and stomping a few times, very hard on a wooden floor... and that's it.

Now the stomping is on a hard surface like a wood floor, but above... that attic has had "wall-to-wall" carpeting since the 1970s (this took place in the mid-90s, btw) the kind that's set onto that tack board or whatever, did the spirit bother to take up the carpet, stomp and then relay it?

I'm sure a skeptic could dismiss these pretty easily, but it was proof enough for me, I had made my living in science-related industries and hard practicalities, but I am convinced it was something "supernatural."

Thank you OP, I read your posts and the others and found them very interesting, I sometimes watch a video series titled "We Don't Die!" with great interest too.

Although... I must say, I'm not really keen on "spooky stuff" happening to me, lol, I'm hoping just to learn from the encounters and testimonials of others.

Here is the hotel, I lived there on and off from 1994 to 2003...

Thx

Last edited by Thx-1138; 04-20-2019 at 07:54 PM..

Old 04-20-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thx-1138 View Post
I used to live in an old, rundown hotel that seemed to have a couple spirits...

Seemed like we had a loud one and a quiet one.

The quiet one is the first I encountered, I have always been kind of a night owl, (love to watch those old movies on the late show) and one night about 3 AM I hear sound coming from above, what is a large attic that used to have people living in it until the fire department wouldn't allow it because of the width of the stairs leading up to it.

So the attic has been shut for several years, it is full of junk, has a deadbolt on the door and the windows are covered in cobwebs, (I went up there during the day to do a favor for the landlord)

But anyway, I hear what sounds like pressing or just light footsteps above.

It seemed to always happen late at night, I didn't document it as to time and day and date, etc, and I really didn't jump to the conclusion it was a spirit after that first episode, but it would recur every couple weeks or so.

The spirit would walk above across the room next to me and stop right between our rooms (at first I thought it was my goofy neighbor re-arranging his room in the middle of the night or something) but he said no, he was asleep.

This happened enough times that I would just say, "there's our ghost again, doing the same thing again..."

It was like an "event loop," like a tape playing over and over doing the same exact thing the same way each time.

Later, I went up in the attic again and noticed an old book shelf, and an attic window that was right about where the spirit would stop. (It always came to the same spot, stopped for about 5 minutes and went back... we figured perhaps it was getting a book and going over to the window to read by the light...)

A friend was up in the attic one day clearing out some of the junk for the landlord, he removed the book shelf and that was the last I or anyone had heard that spirit. (Oh, I should have mentioned earlier, it was not only I who had encountered the spirit, there were several as those rooms can change hands frequently... I myself had lived in two different ones on three different occasions.)

So that was the "quiet" one, the other spirit was much more noisy and seemed much more cognizant, but only manifested rarely, maybe once a year according to the person living there now...

I encountered it when I had returned to the town from a year in Boise Idaho, a friend had the room, but moved out and still had a couple weeks rent he had paid, so he let me stay there, at least for a night until I could get myself situated.

So, I'm just laying on the floor, the room is mostly cleared out, just the fridge remained, and late at night, I hear heavy boots stomp (from the attic above again) on the floor, unmistakable heavy-soled boots, like cowboy boots, and stomping a few times, very hard on a wooden floor... and that's it.

Now the stomping is on a hard surface like a wood floor, but above... that attic has had "wall-to-wall" carpeting since the 1970s (this took place in the mid-90s, btw) the kind that's set onto that tack board or whatever, did the spirit bother to take up the carpet, stomp and then relay it?

I'm sure a skeptic could dismiss these pretty easily, but it was proof enough for me, I had made my living in science-related industries and hard practicalities, but I am convinced it was something "supernatural."

Thank you OP, I read your posts and the others and found them very interesting, I sometimes watch a video series titled "We Don't Die!" with great interest too.

Although... I must say, I'm not really keen on "spooky stuff" happening to me, lol, I'm hoping just to learn from the encounters and testimonials of others.

Here is the hotel, I lived there on and off from 1994 to 2003...

Thx

Interesting events that you witnessed.
I can explain how it happened, without a whole lot of effort.
If I had to explain the make up of spirits, that is quite easy.
They are invisible, and that is because they are more like a vapor (a light mist if you will).

So that being the case, how is it possible for any spirit to make sounds, especially like the ones you heard?
In the spirit world, the answer to that is elementary.
All actions by spirits are done by thought.
They are weightless, so sounding like "boots walking on a hard floor" seems almost impossible.
A spirit only has to think about what it wants to convey, and in the case you provided, the spirit was fully capable of making any sound it wanted, just by it's thoughts.

You may be asking why this happened more than once, and seem to be a repetitious.
It is possible that spirit , as a human, was attracted to the attic.
Could have been a young child, related to someone at the hotel(perhaps the owner), and this child often went to the attic to play, and perhaps to read.
Perhaps it was a young girl, who often went into the attic to play" grown up", by dressing in lady's clothes, and wearing high heels.
How many young girls play grown up, wear mommy's heels, and walk back and forth imitating mommy?

The spirit you heard could very well have been the spirit of that girl child, reenacting it's childhood fantasies, by it's thoughts.
Spirits enjoy good, and loving memories.
They spend much of their time in retrospect, thinking of other times, and other lives they have lived.
The spirit you heard was more than likely re-living a time that had some importance to it.

When the bookshelf was removed, the spirit knew it was time to move on, for one of the catalyst responsible for it's fantasy was no longer present.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal