U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 04:34 PM

15,723 posts, read 12,284,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
I'm a bit curious about the astral travel, too, since from what
I've read it enables one to visit loved ones who have passed
on. -
And an Eastern teacher wrote about the Sermon on the Mount's deeper meaning...
Those that mourn will be comforted...but it says nothing else, was something left out, how can a mourner really be comforted...ever try?...ask any pastor or priest if he was successful?
The swami or yogi thinks what was left out was they will be comforted when they can move the veil from this side, right here and visit their loved ones.
Astral projection?...or opening to the Other Side? That would be the real comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 05:06 PM

6,486 posts, read 3,626,721 times
When I was a teenager back in the early '60's, I was laying in bed reading a book for school. Suddenly I found myself flying over a field watching two young children chasing a dog. Very peaceful. Then at a point I reached the end of my rope. I knew that if I went any farther following them my rope would snap. I rapidly flew back to the top of my bedroom ceiling. I could see my body still in the bed with book in my hands. With a very rapid force I snapped back into my body. Not an near death experience and was not sick. Never experienced anything like that since.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:00 PM

15,723 posts, read 12,284,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
When I was a teenager back in the early '60's, I was laying in bed reading a book for school. Suddenly I found myself flying over a field watching two young children chasing a dog. Very peaceful. Then at a point I reached the end of my rope. I knew that if I went any farther following them my rope would snap. I rapidly flew back to the top of my bedroom ceiling. I could see my body still in the bed with book in my hands. With a very rapid force I snapped back into my body. Not an near death experience and was not sick. Never experienced anything like that since.
Um, wow. I mean, wow.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:05 PM

5,737 posts, read 7,593,033 times
The op called it remote vision, but the term usually applied is precognitive , or future vision.

I have had this ability for many years, and the latest was two nights ago, while watching a police pursuit on local tv.
Perhaps many in the Los Angeles area saw it as well.
It involved a woman being held against her will in a vehicle that was being pursued by police, and the chp.
It was a red Toyota Venza suv.

The chase lasted over an hour, from surface streets to freeways,
Once the vehicle was headed south on the #110 (Harbor frwy) I had a vision of the vehicle being driven on the Vincent Thomas bridge, that spans between San Pedro, and Long Beach.
The vehicle was miles before the bridge, and perhaps four or five available freeway exits before the bridge.
The driver could have taken any one of those exits, as earlier on, he did that on other freeways, getting on and off a few times.
I didn't see it, but I felt an accident on the bridge may happen, involving this chased vehicle.
I did however see the vehicle being driven on the bridge miles before the bridge.

Once the car passed all available exits, he was committed to taking the bridge.
No accident, but I was able to "see" the vehicle on that bridge, long before it actually reached it.

Bob.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:30 AM

10,913 posts, read 2,810,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That sounds exactly like astral travel to me, but Im not sure how you reached this state of mind, without actually trying to...You may have a special gift, in that its very easy for you to do this?

I realize you said you havent had another incident like this, but have you ever tried to astral travel on purpose? I just wonder if its something you could do with ease if you tried.

Btw, did you know where the field was, or who the boys were? Was it close to your home or city?

Old 03-24-2019, 12:34 AM

10,913 posts, read 2,810,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The op called it remote vision, but the term usually applied is precognitive , or future vision.

I have had this ability for many years, and the latest was two nights ago, while watching a police pursuit on local tv.
Perhaps many in the Los Angeles area saw it as well.
It involved a woman being held against her will in a vehicle that was being pursued by police, and the chp.
It was a red Toyota Venza suv.

The chase lasted over an hour, from surface streets to freeways,
Once the vehicle was headed south on the #110 (Harbor frwy) I had a vision of the vehicle being driven on the Vincent Thomas bridge, that spans between San Pedro, and Long Beach.
The vehicle was miles before the bridge, and perhaps four or five available freeway exits before the bridge.
The driver could have taken any one of those exits, as earlier on, he did that on other freeways, getting on and off a few times.
I didn't see it, but I felt an accident on the bridge may happen, involving this chased vehicle.
I did however see the vehicle being driven on the bridge miles before the bridge.

Once the car passed all available exits, he was committed to taking the bridge.
No accident, but I was able to "see" the vehicle on that bridge, long before it actually reached it.

Bob.
That description would indeed be 'remote viewing'. From what Ive read, remote viewing can be of the past, present or the future.

Old 03-24-2019, 05:59 AM

3,041 posts, read 3,256,053 times
I would point folks interested in out of body books etc to Robert Monroe (3 books) & the Monroe Institute which does training on OOB. Also William Buhlman - Adventures Beyond the Body, The Secret of the Soul, Adventures in the Afterlife. Also the classic by Sylvan Muldoon & Hereward Carrington. There is a lot of info out there available in PDF format.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:46 AM

665 posts, read 372,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpino View Post
Many dreams are astral experiences.
This makes sense, because often I'll have dreams that take place in
the same locations (locations I've never been to in real life and which
may or may not even exist). There's an accompanying sense of
familiarity with that location/setting that I can't explain any way other
than that it's an actual location to which I'm traveling, rather than it
being just my subconscious doing it's routine nocturnal processing.

-

Old 03-24-2019, 08:29 AM

5,664 posts, read 3,703,043 times
This is very interesting to me and has been since I was a preteen/teen a few decades ago. My concern has always been how you are sure you can get back into your body. What if you're stuck outside your body and your family thinks you're dead? That thought is terrifying to me, so it isn't something I'd ever try.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:49 AM

5,690 posts, read 6,808,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Another thing I forgot to mention in the OP, the US govt funded astral travel projects for over 25 years,so they must have learned quite a bit from it and consider it worth funding for that long. I believe it was a sub project in the old MK Ultra, but not 100% sure on that.
This was all the rage, years ago. The US gov't (and others) did experiment with this, they wanted to use it for spy programs. They really wanted it to work, it would be ideal for gathering intelligence without having to actually send spies out for 'fieldwork' (expensive, risky, agents subject to discovery/capture, being 'turned', killed or injured, being fed false information, etc.).

They spent a lot of time and money on these projects, and they learned one thing:

It. Doesn't. Work.

The programs were massive failures, despite their desire to succeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal