U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 03:33 AM

14,515 posts, read 11,843,883 times

Advertisements

According to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project): "The Stargate Project was terminated and declassified in 1995 after a CIA report concluded that it was never useful in any intelligence operation. Information provided by the program was vague and included irrelevant and erroneous data, and there was reason to suspect that its project managers had changed the reports so they would fit background cues."

If you read the whole Wikipedia article it goes on, in it's section on the 'Closure' of the project, to give references and statements to why it was closed. Most of the findings boiled down to no reliable information from the Stargate and sister projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 09:07 AM

79,195 posts, read 71,328,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
This was all the rage, years ago. The US gov't (and others) did experiment with this, they wanted to use it for spy programs. They really wanted it to work, it would be ideal for gathering intelligence without having to actually send spies out for 'fieldwork' (expensive, risky, agents subject to discovery/capture, being 'turned', killed or injured, being fed false information, etc.).

They spent a lot of time and money on these projects, and they learned one thing:

It. Doesn't. Work.

The programs were massive failures, despite their desire to succeed.
It wasn't a "massive failure". The remote viewing actually did correlate with info gained from satellites surveillance, but the "images", the descriptions of what the viewers saw, were only relatively general, lacking useful detail. It's not like they had photographic-like views of facilities. So insofar as the viewers were able to point out the existence of some sort of facility in a location, and sketch a general outline, the program was a success. It proved that some people do have remote viewing capability.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:25 AM

10,984 posts, read 2,840,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
According to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project): "The Stargate Project was terminated and declassified in 1995 after a CIA report concluded that it was never useful in any intelligence operation. Information provided by the program was vague and included irrelevant and erroneous data, and there was reason to suspect that its project managers had changed the reports so they would fit background cues."

If you read the whole Wikipedia article it goes on, in it's section on the 'Closure' of the project, to give references and statements to why it was closed. Most of the findings boiled down to no reliable information from the Stargate and sister projects.
Of course that is what they are going to say!!!

Do you honestly believe, they would admit to having succeeded?!

Old 08-05-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Of course that is what they are going to say!!!

Do you honestly believe, they would admit to having succeeded?!
Do you honestly believe they would give up on a successful program!

Old 08-05-2019, 10:29 AM

667 posts, read 374,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Do you honestly believe they would give up on a successful program!
Appear to be giving up, sure.
Actually giving up, not so sure.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
Appear to be giving up, sure.
Actually giving up, not so sure.
Are we really any better at guarding secrets than we were back then?

It isn't only that; but other countries would be trying to one up us if the remote viewing worked. Then we would have 'leaked' documents to state how much better their experts were than ours. That is the way the game played out last time.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:36 PM

3,055 posts, read 3,263,406 times
As always, there are going to be aspects of any government which exist to manage information being released. Once some project's existence gets out, then it has to be "closed down", discredited or moved sideways. No government is going to shut down something which is useful and every government probably try all kinds of weird and wacky things to find out if there is any military mileage in them.

Regardless of moaning there is no money for these things, the unofficial military budget is enough to find a way if the right person requests it or can be convinced there is a reason. Someone somewhere will find a way to get creative with the accounts.

Numerous people have reported how Remote Viewing worked, and when it was used and how it was started. The project itself officially lasted for nearly 25 years, which does not sound to me like it was of no use to someone. So, why reportedly close it down if it is useful when no other means of intelligence information is available.

The Germans used mediums in the WWII and the Thule society was not ridiculed by the Nazis so why shouldn't the same people(or their descendents) still be using the same methods - just in a different land.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
As always, there are going to be aspects of any government which exist to manage information being released. Once some project's existence gets out, then it has to be "closed down", discredited or moved sideways. No government is going to shut down something which is useful and every government probably try all kinds of weird and wacky things to find out if there is any military mileage in them.

Regardless of moaning there is no money for these things, the unofficial military budget is enough to find a way if the right person requests it or can be convinced there is a reason. Someone somewhere will find a way to get creative with the accounts.

Numerous people have reported how Remote Viewing worked, and when it was used and how it was started. The project itself officially lasted for nearly 25 years, which does not sound to me like it was of no use to someone. So, why reportedly close it down if it is useful when no other means of intelligence information is available.

The Germans used mediums in the WWII and the Thule society was not ridiculed by the Nazis so why shouldn't the same people(or their descendents) still be using the same methods - just in a different land.
Didn't the Germans loose the war?

If psychics, mediums, remote viewers did such a great job you would think a country would not go to war if it knew it would loose.

People report how things work when they want to sell books or give lectures/lessons. Then everything works and facts get distorted to fit their missing pieces. That was one of the reasons cited that caused the program to be shut down. However, in that case, they distorted the facts to have the program continue and to keep their jobs.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:26 PM

12 posts, read 1,684 times
As a writer, I am currently researching this topic related to my work. I came across something very interesting on the CIA database within the mountain of recently declassified documents. A specific redacted document that you may be interested in related to this topic. Take a look. I think you will be fascinated. Based on my research related to the Gateway Project, I can safely say that it was definitely not a complete failure.

[url]https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf[/url]

Old 08-06-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss2424 View Post
As a writer, I am currently researching this topic related to my work. I came across something very interesting on the CIA database within the mountain of recently declassified documents. A specific redacted document that you may be interested in related to this topic. Take a look. I think you will be fascinated. Based on my research related to the Gateway Project, I can safely say that it was definitely not a complete failure.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...00210016-5.pdf
How much was the Church of Scientology involved in these projects: The Hubbard Intelligence Agency
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal