U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 12:01 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,803,332 times

Advertisements

Ive been reading on these things earlier, remote viewing seems like its more difficult, as not everyone has this ability, and from what I read, it appears hard to even determine if you have the ability or not! Im also not sure how you can intensely focus on something when you dont know what it is or what it looks like?

Astral travel on the other hand, is something everyone can do, with enough practice, I think the key is getting into the right state of mind and being in a quiet and safe place. I have known a couple people that were into this, but I have never tried it myself, I think I would like to, just to see what the potential is.

From some of the things Ive read on certain people that are very good at this, they can travel anywhere in the world, some even go to other planets and dimensions, one man, astral traveled to Jupiter before scientists knew what Jupiter looked like and apparently he was the first one to claim it had rings around the planet, this was verified when a probe did the first fly by of course...another guy who was in the Govts 25 yr project, (Swann was his last name), he claimed to visit alien worlds, secret bases, etc!! (again with this though, how do you astral visit a place, when you have no idea where it is, or if it even exists?) that is something I still do not understand.

Just curious if anyone on here has ever tried to do this, or had a story about it in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 09:51 AM

664 posts, read 372,298 times
I'm a bit curious about the astral travel, too, since from what
I've read it enables one to visit loved ones who have passed
on. And here I thought one had to croak first to be able to
catch up with 'em!

So yeah, I appreciate you starting a thread on this as it's been
something I've been pondering more recently.

-

Old 03-21-2019, 10:06 AM

6,794 posts, read 2,457,946 times
I had an experience back when I was a teen, that I THINK was astral travel. I did not recognize the place I ended up, but it looked 'earthly' enough to me. Except that I came to a huge gate that had runes all over it, that I didn't recognize. But that's not saying much. What do I know about runes?

I wasn't trying to astral travel. I was trying meditation. And the astral travel didn't happen on my 1st try. It DID take some practice.

Also, since I wasn't TRYING to astral travel, I didn't recognize the experience of leaving my body for what it was. I just thought it was a pleasant sensation, and part of meditation.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I had an experience back when I was a teen, that I THINK was astral travel. I did not recognize the place I ended up, but it looked 'earthly' enough to me. Except that I came to a huge gate that had runes all over it, that I didn't recognize. But that's not saying much. What do I know about runes?

I wasn't trying to astral travel. I was trying meditation. And the astral travel didn't happen on my 1st try. It DID take some practice.

Also, since I wasn't TRYING to astral travel, I didn't recognize the experience of leaving my body for what it was. I just thought it was a pleasant sensation, and part of meditation.
That doesnt sound like astral traveling to me...if you had done it, you would know it.

From what I read, when you lie down and start to get your body into the right state, you can see and feel your 'astral self' separate from the physical body and start walking around, there is also a silver cord that ties you to your physical body that can never be severed, this is so you can always find your way back to your body.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:10 AM

6,794 posts, read 2,457,946 times
Understand...I wasn't TRYING to astral travel, so I didn't know the verbiage for what I was experiencing.

What it felt like, at the time, to me, was that as I was lying in my bed, "the heavy part of me" sank down, while "the lighter part of me" stayed the same. It was a pleasant sensation, and this happened 2 or 3 times. Now, I recognize that "the lighter part of me" was actually leaving the heavy part behind. After the 3rd or 4th time of THIS state, I actually 'went' somewhere. I was in my room, and then I wasn't.

I was walking on a path in a forest, and while it was daylight...the woods were full of voices, and they were whispering to me, and to each other, and the closer I got to the gate, the more excited the voices were, to the point that the voices started saying "DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!" More and more frenzied, the closer and closer I got to the gate.

The voices wanted me to go through the gate, but I freaked out, and said "No" and then I pretty much slammed back into my body. Not a soft landing either.

After my

Old 03-21-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Understand...I wasn't TRYING to astral travel, so I didn't know the verbiage for what I was experiencing.

What it felt like, at the time, to me, was that as I was lying in my bed, "the heavy part of me" sank down, while "the lighter part of me" stayed the same. It was a pleasant sensation, and this happened 2 or 3 times. Now, I recognize that "the lighter part of me" was actually leaving the heavy part behind. After the 3rd or 4th time of THIS state, I actually 'went' somewhere. I was in my room, and then I wasn't.

I was walking on a path in a forest, and while it was daylight...the woods were full of voices, and they were whispering to me, and to each other, and the closer I got to the gate, the more excited the voices were, to the point that the voices started saying "DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!" More and more frenzied, the closer and closer I got to the gate.

The voices wanted me to go through the gate, but I freaked out, and said "No" and then I pretty much slammed back into my body. Not a soft landing either.

After my
Interesting!

I have read about experienced people going to the 'astral plane', which is a place where all kinds of other things live apparently, demons, pure energy, etc, its kind of scary to read about, and there is some level of danger to the astral traveler here, you can unknowingly open yourself up to possession, some people have said beings here tried to prevent them from going back to their physical body too.

Another thing I forgot to mention in the OP, the US govt funded astral travel projects for over 25 years,so they must have learned quite a bit from it and consider it worth funding for that long. I believe it was a sub project in the old MK Ultra, but not 100% sure on that.

Old 03-23-2019, 02:49 AM

48 posts, read 25,413 times
When you sleep, your astral body go out itself. Many dreams are astral experiences. So, you could try meditation on a yourney every evenig, before you sleep. After a time you could have interesting experiences.

And during the day you could try touching different objects. But your hand must remain calm. Astral can act telekinesis. That's practice.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:40 AM

79,132 posts, read 71,151,974 times
OP, I'm not aware that people teach themselves how to astral travel, though I think one of the original NDE investigators, Moody, wrote a book about a method he'd worked out for achieving that, didn't he?

I had a friend in college, who suddenly found herself leaving her body at night, and having unusual experiences. This kept occurring, so she finally confided in her older brother about it, as she didn't know what to make of it. He let her in on the family secret, which was that their father and he had been doing that all their adult lives, but the mother and maternal grandmother weren't able to do it. So it was some kind of hereditary gift! And the kicker was, that the father had been adopted (they were all Chinese), so they knew nothing about his background. Sounds like a pretty interesting lineage! So anyway, he gave her a book about astral projection, and after that, she relaxed into it, and enjoyed her nocturnal journeys around the world. lol.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpino View Post
When you sleep, your astral body go out itself. Many dreams are astral experiences. So, you could try meditation on a yourney every evenig, before you sleep. After a time you could have interesting experiences.

And during the day you could try touching different objects. But your hand must remain calm. Astral can act telekinesis. That's practice.
Do you mean, using astral travel, you can eventually learn to move objects with your mind? (telekinesis)

Old 03-23-2019, 03:28 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,025,328 times
I've read of people reaching the astral plane while doing yoga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal