U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

9,403 posts, read 2,370,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It doesn't suggest anything; because we are only speculating. Speculation does not hold up in a court of law; it does make a great sci-fi book or movie.

There are many reasons that our government could use the disinformation that is inherently part of our alien conspiracy/speculation. Even if you had the 'documents' it would not mean that it is the 'truth'. Besides tactical advantages of keeping our adversaries guessing; it also encourages taxpayers to spend - a win/win.

My feeling is that, if we ever do encounter true 'aliens', it will end badly for us. No one or thing is going to come all this way just to shake hands. They will come just like the caravans of aliens on our Southern border and, instead of enjoying the benefits of just one nation, they will want the whole bag of marbles.
Well, they have been here for centuries now and at the most, they are a slight inconvenience or nuisance, they could have wiped us off the face of the planet 1000s of years ago if they wanted to...but they havent.

There is a BIG part of the puzzle that we simply are unaware of so far, from everything Ive read, and seen on 'UFOs', I do not believe they are some advanced race from some other place...I think that is what some want us to believe about them though. If I had to guess right now, Id lean towards them being something like 'demons' masquerading/disguising themselves as 'advanced extraterrestrials'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:29 AM

14,210 posts, read 11,413,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, they have been here for centuries now and at the most, they are a slight inconvenience or nuisance, they could have wiped us off the face of the planet 1000s of years ago if they wanted to...but they havent.

There is a BIG part of the puzzle that we simply are unaware of so far, from everything Ive read, and seen on 'UFOs', I do not believe they are some advanced race from some other place...I think that is what some want us to believe about them though. If I had to guess right now, Id lean towards them being something like 'demons' masquerading/disguising themselves as 'advanced extraterrestrials'.
And what proof do you have of any of what you just said? Speculation is simply speculation. It is a known fact that people do hallucinate. Some of them do not know if their hallucinations are fact or fantasy; then they relay their 'experience' to others. We also have people that have perpetuated a hoax to make money or fool others. How do we sort all of this out? We cannot say simply: "I believe"; we need more that that.

The odds are not in our favor of long term survival. Sooner or later we (maybe not us; but our successors) will experience a cataclysmic event and that might be the end of humanity. It is nice to believe that a 'guardian angel' from outer space that will protect us. But, if they were so good; they would have made their presence known - there would be no reason to hide. I still feel that the only way we would ever be visited would be to colonize - just like our ancestors did years ago.

Old Today, 11:59 AM

9,403 posts, read 2,370,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And what proof do you have of any of what you just said? Speculation is simply speculation. It is a known fact that people do hallucinate. Some of them do not know if their hallucinations are fact or fantasy; then they relay their 'experience' to others. We also have people that have perpetuated a hoax to make money or fool others. How do we sort all of this out? We cannot say simply: "I believe"; we need more that that.

The odds are not in our favor of long term survival. Sooner or later we (maybe not us; but our successors) will experience a cataclysmic event and that might be the end of humanity. It is nice to believe that a 'guardian angel' from outer space that will protect us. But, if they were so good; they would have made their presence known - there would be no reason to hide. I still feel that the only way we would ever be visited would be to colonize - just like our ancestors did years ago.
That thread I posted awhile back on the Russian Orthodox theory on these things has made the most sense out of anything else Ive read on this topic over the years, IMO, it explains alot of the problems and mysteries, even why UFO sightings have changed so much thru time.

I realize it may sound bizarre, but I am leaning towards believing one day they will try to claim they are our creators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or