Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 09:32 AM

14,986 posts, read 23,761,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It was a conspiracy.

To date, not one single person has ever replicated Oswald's feat.

That, in addition to dozens of other facts proves conspiracy.
JFK assassination is clearly off topic. But I am obliged to inform you, like your previous thread, that your statement is totally, absolutely, 100% incorrect. The other guy provided support where it was replicated.

This makes second post in a row where you have been absolutely wrong in this thread. Probably time for you to move on....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 09:53 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,897,451 times
Quote:
Also, explain why in 1965 it was classified Top Secret COSMIC.

Only documents that are Top Secret with COSMIC identifier are classified for a period of 75 years, which would be the year 2039 for declassification.
What COSMIC really means:

Quote:
the classification “Cosmic” is only referring to Top Secret information being shared between NATO Allies. It is not anything more than that. It is just information being shared over a separate classification registry system because it is going to between separate allied countries with different classification systems.
(source)

Quote:
Is that some kind of hallucinogenic-induced alternative fantasy history?

As I said, the US had exactly ZERO nuclear weapons in 1947.

ZERO is this many: 0
I won't waste my time arguing with someone who gets insulting and belligerent when he reads something he doesn'tlike. and who based on his ignorance of the meaning of COSMIC is evidently getting his information from conspiracy sites.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:40 PM

12,612 posts, read 9,111,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I brought this up before in this forum on another thread, maybe last year, but I had a former co-worker who was ex-CIA, genius, recruited right out of High School back in the 90's, had a Top Secret Clearance and had been to Area 51 multiple times. I of course had to ask him about the aliens and alien spacecraft, and he of course could have been lying to me, but he said he never saw anything related to aliens or alien spacecraft or technology there.

The one thing I always chuckled at, was this "reverse engineering" stuff, if a alien spacecraft existed and was undoubted made from some unearthly exotic material that could never be made/created/manufactured here, how do you even start figuring out how to reproduce the same technology using earth found/man-made stuff?
No, reverse engineering is a real thing and is frequently used. We all used to do it when we'd take a clock apart to see how it worked, for instance.

It's a real term conveniently used by UFO conspiracy theorists to try to gain some recognition and validity. That's what conspiracy theories are all about ... sprinkle in enough fact to confuse the issue and make people think you know what you're talking about. And, it works with those who can't think for themselves. I fully agree that speculating about UFOs is fun, but having one or more in our possession? No way.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I've never seen any photos, either, but there were credible witnesses who said they were filled using construction equipment.

There was a book out a few years back that used ground-penetrating radar to locate the furrows.

Everyone, even archaeologists use ground-penetrating radar now. You can see disturbances in the earth. That's how they find mass graves, from recent events to ancient battles. They can see stone and wooden building foundations buried several meters under earth. You can tell the difference between a naturally forming hill, and a hill that's actually a burial mound by the way the soil is displaced.

That treaty went into effect in 1992. That was 45 years after Roswell.

I assure you, prior to 1992, no Russian aircraft ever penetrated US air-space in the Continental US.

The US never shot down a single Russian aircraft in US air-space.

On the other hand, the Russians shot down quite a few US aircraft over Russian air-space, which includes the air-space over territorial waters, but prior to the U-2 Incident, there were no deep penetrations into Russia.

That also includes shoot-downs of US aircraft in the Sea of Japan near islands involved in a territorial dispute between Russia and Japan.

More than 200 US airmen from the US Navy, US Army Air Corps and its successor the US Air Force were lost by Russian shoot-downs.

Most of those aircraft were RB-29s, RB-50s and Navy PB4Y-2s.
I'm not going to go back and re-read everything but I don't recall you mentioning your comment that "Russian planes have never flown over Area 51 (or something to that effect)" was restricted to pre-1992. The recent flyover was no doubt the first time it's ever happened. And I don't think anybody ever said anything about shooting down Russian planes.

Regarding those furrows ... just saying "credible" witnesses isn't saying anything. Credible to one may not be credible to another. I've seen very few credible UFO witnesses.

Old 04-13-2019, 01:11 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,423,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
No, reverse engineering is a real thing and is frequently used. We all used to do it when we'd take a clock apart to see how it worked, for instance.

It's a real term conveniently used by UFO conspiracy theorists to try to gain some recognition and validity. That's what conspiracy theories are all about ... sprinkle in enough fact to confuse the issue and make people think you know what you're talking about. And, it works with those who can't think for themselves. I fully agree that speculating about UFOs is fun, but having one or more in our possession? No way.
You do realize those in Govt/military have already admitted this multiple times...right?

Im not saying I believe they successfully 'reverse engineered' anything, ( I highly doubt any human could even comprehend 'extraterrestrial' systems or crafts), but they absolutely do have 'stuff' like this in their possession.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:32 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,232,523 times
Quote:

I know reverse engineering is real, my point was with trying to "reverse engineer" (that's why I used quotes) something that is made from stuff that is unknown and not from this planet, I'm not saying it's totally impossible, but reverse engineering, say an atomic bomb, something that was created by other humans with things found on earth, would be heck of a lot "easier" than an alien spacecraft!

Old 04-13-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You do realize those in Govt/military have already admitted this multiple times...right?

Im not saying I believe they successfully 'reverse engineered' anything, ( I highly doubt any human could even comprehend 'extraterrestrial' systems or crafts), but they absolutely do have 'stuff' like this in their possession.
No, I do not realize that and I worked for the government (NASA) for over 40 years, and held top security clearances. If we have such things, the government doesn't say so. The conspiracy guys do though.

We reverse engineer all the time, generally regarding foreign technologies (planes, rockets, etc). It's not just done at Area 51 either. The other side does it with our stuff too. It's no secret that we do it, but of course, the specific results might be classified.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I know reverse engineering is real, my point was with trying to "reverse engineer" (that's why I used quotes) something that is made from stuff that is unknown and not from this planet, I'm not saying it's totally impossible, but reverse engineering, say an atomic bomb, something that was created by other humans with things found on earth, would be heck of a lot "easier" than an alien spacecraft!
It might be harder, but we could do it. We have some pretty sharp folks working on things.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:50 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,897,451 times
Quote:
No, I do not realize that and I worked for the government (NASA) for over 40 years, and held top security clearances. If we have such things, the government doesn't say so. The conspiracy guys do though.

We reverse engineer all the time, generally regarding foreign technologies (planes, rockets, etc). It's not just done at Area 51 either. The other side does it with our stuff too. It's no secret that we do it, but of course, the specific results might be classified.
For the non engineers out there - reverse engineering means taking something apart to see how it works, and duplicating its functionality. If you can't take it apart, you observe what it does and figure out how to duplicate the behaviors. During the Y2K (non) crisis, a client company I was working with had software running on their servers -- and they no longer had the source code. They wanted to be able to do Y2K testing to make sure the date turnover wouldn't break the software. I managed an effort to develop a Y2K test suite for the application based on its behavior. The license for a lot of software includes a statement that the purchaser agrees that he/she won't reverse engineer the product.

The problem I have with the claims of reverse engineering "advanced alien technology" is this: if Leonardo da Vinci was sent a smart phone via a time machine, how would he go about reverse engineering it given his understanding of science and technological abilities at the time? If the "aliens" are thousands or millions of years beyond us technologically, how are we going to go about figuring out their tech based on principles that are way beyond our understanding? It doesn't make any sense. Of course, neither does the notion that we can pick up broadcasts from alien civilizations or send them messages -- that assumes they're using radio or light waves for communication. It's like a hunter-gatherer tribe using drums to communicate with the "sky gods" traveling in the jets they see in the skies above them.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:55 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,232,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The problem I have with the claims of reverse engineering "advanced alien technology" is this: if Leonardo da Vinci was sent a smart phone via a time machine, how would he go about reverse engineering it given his understanding of science and technological abilities at the time? If the "aliens" are thousands or millions of years beyond us technologically, how are we going to go about figuring out their tech based on principles that are way beyond our understanding? It doesn't make any sense.
Thanks Vasily, you worded it a lot better than me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal