Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 05:07 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Thanks Vasily, you worded it a lot better than me!
Not better, just more techy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 07:05 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Wikipedia disputes your information on Oswald: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...sination_rifle. It even goes on to say: "Many of CBS's 11 volunteer marksmen, who (unlike Oswald) had no prior experience with a properly sighted Carcano, were able to hit the test target twice in under the time allowed, although they were all afforded multiple attempts. The only man who scored three hits was firearms examiner Howard Donahue from Maryland."

Regardless of how good a shot or how poor, if one throws lead in the general direction of a target, there is still a chance that it might hit. I once shot at a turkey at a 1/4 mile away and removed it's head. Of course I could never repeat that shot; the turkey was simply very unlucky that day. Of course I never told the friend I had watching that it was only luck. We will constantly debate whether Oswald could have killed our President; but, for now, the odds look pretty good.
That's why we don't use Pukipedia as a source.

You fail to understand.

The volunteer marksmen met the standard, but not the conditions.

There's a difference.

Any moron can fire three shots in the time-frame. I can and have done it.

But that's not replication.

The verb "to replicate" means to reproduce exactly.

None of the 11 marksmen replicated Oswald's alleged feat.

All you have to do to see that is listen to the CBS propaganda documentary and then listen to the National Archives audio tape.

This is what it sounds like for every single one of the 11 marksmen:

Boom!...............Boom!...............Boom!

When you listen to the National Archives audio tape, you will hear this:

Boom!.........................Boom!.....Boom!

One of those is not like the other, thus there was no replication.

Compare:

Boom!...............Boom!...............Boom! (the marksmen)
Boom!.........................Boom!.....Boom! (allegedly Oswald)

One reason know one ever has and no one ever will replicate Oswald's alleged feat is due to the fact that it is physically impossible for any human or robot to cycle the weapon fast enough.

The time span between the second and third shot is shorter than the time span to physically cycle a Carcano, and that is one of the several reasons your own government, namely the House Select Committee on Assassinations, concluded it was a conspiracy.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:35 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
And — This is not about the JFK assassination. STOP IT NOW.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:27 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's why we don't use Pukipedia as a source.

Who is we?

There are lots more sources than Wikipedia that validate what they say. Sorry Wikipedia is not "coast to coast" or Alex Jones. I don't know your politics but the two examples cover the spectrum.

Oswald got lucky. He did it. Its like saying its impossible to win the lottery because the odds of doing so are astronomical. Or flying planes into the twin towers and destroying both of them is impossible. Sometimes the seemingly impossible happens. I am a big sports fan and things with nearly impossible odds happen regularly. Tiger Woods wining the masters Sunday or Virginia winning two impossible comebacks to win the championships are others. And this is all in the past week or so. Unlike assassinations and 9/11 people tend to believe what they see at sporting events.

After reading and watching countless stories on the Kennedy Assassination (I admit I am a junkie on this subject) I do believe Oswald did it. Whether there is more to meet the eye I am not convinced. His murder by Ruby is very odd and sticks out to me. There might be others involved but not other shooters. The real true eyewitness accounts all point to Oswald. There is so much fake information that it confuses people. I do understand that.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 04-15-2019 at 10:49 PM..

Old 04-16-2019, 06:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
You know this for sure because you've been there and seen it firsthand (reverse engineering of a UFO)?
Lets just say the real estate website 'Zillow' and google street view are pretty interesting to look at, (in relation to Bigelow Aerospace facilities)!!

Old 04-16-2019, 11:36 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Who is we?...
May I suggest you transfer that particular topic to another forum? That Mircea is so 100% factually wrong on so many points I would like to do it as well...but I am holding my tongue in deference to the moderator stern warning.

Back to the Roswell Museum, is the below not cool? Now if paper mache aliens and a UFO held up by strings don't make you believe that aliens crash landed in 1947, I don't know what will.
Did I happen to mention that one can take there dogs in?

Old 04-16-2019, 12:38 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Lets just say the real estate website 'Zillow' and google street view are pretty interesting to look at, (in relation to Bigelow Aerospace facilities)!!
Google Maps doesn't show anything except buildings from street level. Not sure what a real estate website is suppose to show. Perhaps houses and businesses for sale? Would you mind clarifying your point? What are you suggesting it's suppose to show?

Old 04-16-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Google Maps doesn't show anything except buildings from street level. Not sure what a real estate website is suppose to show. Perhaps houses and businesses for sale? Would you mind clarifying your point? What are you suggesting it's suppose to show?
Zillow has a function where you can look at a house for sale, and brings it up on screen like 'Google earth', but its from above, you can zoom in pretty close too ( I was able to see my dog in our backyard!). You just have to start out at a nearby area (find a house for sale close to where you want to look), and the screen will let you see other places, if you continue to drag it in the direction you want to go. Its pretty cool, Ive used it for other things too, looked up a house close to mine for sale, and headed over to my street, I could tell what year and roughly what time of year the image was from.

I used it another time to check out the Washington DC area, I was surprised there was NO blacked out areas, you could zoom in and see just about any property or location from the satellite, some of the properties, Im pretty sure was illegal to be looking at like that! (again, it lets you zoom in so close, you can see all sorts of things, details, etc.)

There are some other real estate websites that have this same feature, but zillows is the only one Ive seen that lets you move around and see other places, if you had to time to sit there and mess with it, you could check out any property you like, and able to see much more detail than you would think, give it a try sometime!

Old 04-16-2019, 09:50 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Zillow has a function where you can look at a house for sale, and brings it up on screen like 'Google earth', but its from above, you can zoom in pretty close too ( I was able to see my dog in our backyard!). You just have to start out at a nearby area (find a house for sale close to where you want to look), and the screen will let you see other places, if you continue to drag it in the direction you want to go. Its pretty cool, Ive used it for other things too, looked up a house close to mine for sale, and headed over to my street, I could tell what year and roughly what time of year the image was from.

I used it another time to check out the Washington DC area, I was surprised there was NO blacked out areas, you could zoom in and see just about any property or location from the satellite, some of the properties, Im pretty sure was illegal to be looking at like that! (again, it lets you zoom in so close, you can see all sorts of things, details, etc.)

There are some other real estate websites that have this same feature, but zillows is the only one Ive seen that lets you move around and see other places, if you had to time to sit there and mess with it, you could check out any property you like, and able to see much more detail than you would think, give it a try sometime!
I'm not in the market for real estate in Nevada. Many years ago, I had friends in North Las Vegas. Not sure they still live in the area now though. Still, what does any of that have to do with your comment about Bigelow: "Thats exactly what Bigelow Aerospace has been doing!"

Old 04-17-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I'm not in the market for real estate in Nevada. Many years ago, I had friends in North Las Vegas. Not sure they still live in the area now though. Still, what does any of that have to do with your comment about Bigelow: "Thats exactly what Bigelow Aerospace has been doing!"
Use the Zillow website satellite function, to check out Bigelow Facilities ( I figured you would have taken the hint from my last post on here), some of the buildings are pretty 'unique' and interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal