Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 04:44 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Debunked? Says who? Some people would probably claim their reputations on it.
Just about everyone on earth, except a few of the participants in this forum. Did you look up Project Mogul? Doesn't matter, keep on keeping on...that's what I like about this forum, it's endearing that people still believe in fables. Keep the fable alive.

Visit that museum in Roswell, I have the T-shirt, really I do, and some neat sticker. Don't forget the glassed in paper mache alien autopsy exhibit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 05:05 PM

6,941 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It was suppressed because it was a nuclear test related crash and then the USAF originally created some cockamaney story to cover up the crash, and the original coverup was so bad and poorly handled that it lead to even a crazier story about UFOs. The nuclear testing program was called Project Mogul (look it up).
In regards to "first contact" - it's been debunked so many times and so conclusively that I don't know where to begin.
For Roswell there is an entertaining museum around it. I love it, it's like a living breathing bad campy 50s B move sci-fi movie, and hey you can take dogs in.
No, it was not. Firstly because we have the book referred to previosly by Col Corso and secondly we have NOT got many people who went out there to look at the wreckage dying like flies from the radiation. YOUR story does not hold up.

The Russians have their own UFO files which document the history of their crash recoveries and it is perfectly reasonable that both sides have alien UFO crashes that they back-engineered to aid in the developed now-current technology.

Mexico has been having far more reported UFO sightings and contact than the US allows to be disclosed, with mass fly-overs and events witnessed by numerous members of the population and military.

Old 04-08-2019, 05:56 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,485,778 times
Project Mogul was not a nuclear test, per se. It was a high altitude balloon that carried microphones that were supposed to pick up sounds from Soviet nuclear testing. The balloon itself was not nuclear nor radioactive.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No, it was not. Firstly because we have the book referred to previosly by Col Corso and secondly we have NOT got many people who went out there to look at the wreckage dying like flies from the radiation. YOUR story does not hold up.
LOL...what now?

My story does too hold up - I can give you proof that the museum in Roswell let dogs in.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:14 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,334 times
Quote:
Just about everyone on earth, except a few of the participants in this forum. Did you look up Project Mogul? Doesn't matter, keep on keeping on...that's what I like about this forum, it's endearing that people still believe in fables. Keep the fable alive.

Visit that museum in Roswell, I have the T-shirt, really I do, and some neat sticker. Don't forget the glassed in paper mache alien autopsy exhibit.
Can I ask your opinion about Philip J Corso's motive then? A Lt. Colonel in the army who wrote - The Day after Roswell. He made this up for money right?

Old 04-09-2019, 07:37 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Project Mogul was not a nuclear test, per se. It was a high altitude balloon that carried microphones that were supposed to pick up sounds from Soviet nuclear testing. The balloon itself was not nuclear nor radioactive.
So let's get this straight. The commander of the only nuclear base in the world notifies the newspapers that they recovered a crashed flying disc when in actuality it's a high altitude balloon? Ha! That takes more faith to believe than the Martians landing. He had no business being in command of anything if that's the case.
Did you know Marcel before he dies said the higher ups in government made him change his story.Why would he lie on his deathbed?

https://www.nicap.org/roswell5.htm

I've read about this stuff for a long time since my own sightings in 1973-1976. Wanna know why they haven't 'officially' announced? It's something most people don't wanna know. What I can gather so far...it's all about the soul. That's what I am guessing for now. I also know they have shown many abductees one climate disaster after another back in the 70's and 80's that are now taking place. Plus, there are hundreds of sightings of UFOs every month being reported. How do you dismiss all this so easily?

Old 04-09-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Can I ask your opinion about Philip J Corso's motive then? A Lt. Colonel in the army who wrote - The Day after Roswell. He made this up for money right?
He's dead, and people remember his name. That's enough of a motive for most of us.
There appears to be alot of inconsistency in just his military history, not to mention his outlandish claims.

A Different Perspective: Philip Corso and The Day After Roswell, Again

"Given the information available, given the mistakes in Corso’s book, and given his inflation of his own importance during his military career, it seems that the logical conclusion is that Corso’s claims are of little value. They added nothing to what was already known, and certainly have detracted from the whole of the Roswell case. When his claims break apart, those who know little about Roswell become convinced that the whole case is built on structures similar to those built by Corso."

The article quoted above has a comments section where it discusses his possible motives, most of it regarding his desire to promote his self-importance.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
So let's get this straight. The commander of the only nuclear base in the world notifies the newspapers that they recovered a crashed flying disc when in actuality it's a high altitude balloon?
That would be incorrect. They notified the newspapers that they recovered a disc ATTACHED to a high altitude balloon. People tend to forget the balloon attachment and just focused on the disc. The total weight of the debris was 5 pounds so if it was an alien device it must have been from the Planet Munchkinland.

Yeah, I know, next step for you guys is to post all these youtube videos with second hand witness accounts and alien bodies recovered. Hundreds of people claim to be witnesses to the debris, in truth there were only a half dozen or so. The story has been embellished so much in the last 50 years, and or included elements of other UFO stories, that it's hard to get to the truth. That's all part of the American Fable creation process.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
That would be incorrect. They notified the newspapers that they recovered a disc ATTACHED to a high altitude balloon. People tend to forget the balloon attachment and just focused on the disc. The total weight of the debris was 5 pounds so if it was an alien device it must have been from the Planet Munchkinland.

Yeah, I know, next step for you guys is to post all these youtube videos with second hand witness accounts and alien bodies recovered. Hundreds of people claim to be witnesses to the debris, in truth there were only a half dozen or so. The story has been embellished so much in the last 50 years, and or included elements of other UFO stories, that it's hard to get to the truth. That's all part of the American Fable creation process.
Think about it, even if an alien craft did crash or land...do you really think our govt/military would allow the general public to know the details of that?!

Just look at the lengths they do to in order to suppress or hide things involving presidents/ administrations, they block reports and studies, cover stuff up etc...they are very good at this kind of thing.

If an alien craft did crash or land, it would most definitely be labeled under national security and we would never hear about it, instead we would get a white washed fake incident.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Think about it, even if an alien craft did crash or land...do you really think our govt/military would allow the general public to know the details of that?!

Just look at the lengths they do to in order to suppress or hide things involving presidents/ administrations, they block reports and studies, cover stuff up etc...they are very good at this kind of thing.

If an alien craft did crash or land, it would most definitely be labeled under national security and we would never hear about it, instead we would get a white washed fake incident.
Think about this - do you think our government employees are organized and efficient enough to keep a secret or maintain a cover story? Even today nothing is secret, everything leaks. If it has gaps, the press makes stuff up. Have we learned nothing?
That's what caused all this UFO confusion in the first place - this was an atomic testing device, the military wanted to keep it a secret and did it in the most confusing, contradictory, and disorganized way possible. That's the government for you. The public knew they were lying so....why not? It must be one of them flying discs from outer space, sounds exciting and sexy, not some boring test instrument.

I love a good story too, I'm glad you guys believe in it like I said, but it's an American Fable with almost all the stereotypical traits on how mythical stories grow and expand over the years. Hey and for the rest, alien life visiting earth - I want to believe. But it was not that day.

Last edited by Dd714; 04-09-2019 at 04:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal